Started by Kogitsune, June 05, 2007, 12:10:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

King Of Hearts

*sploit*

Doc Manhattan FTW.

and while were doing Alan Moore...

"I did it thirty-five minutes ago."
-Ozzymandias

"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta, held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you, and you may call me V."
-Codename V

In loudest din or hush profound
my ears hear evil's slightest sound
let those who toll out evil's knell
beware my power, the F-Sharp Bell!
-Rot Lop Fan, the blind Green Lantern

Janus Whitefurr

Not a Moore work, but glorious and entertaining to boot...

Did you ever want to set someone's head on fire, just to see what it looked like? Did you ever stand in the street and think to youtself, I could make that nun go blind just by giving her a kiss? Did you ever lay out plans for stitching babies and stray cats into a Perfect New Human? Did you ever stand naked surrounded by people who want your gleaming sperm, squirting frankincense, soma and testosterone from every pore?

If so, then you're the bastard who stole my drugs Friday night.

And I'll find you. Oh, yes.

~ Spider Jerusalem, Transmetropolitan
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

e_voyager

"Jack Black, allow me to introduce you to a brick wall.  Brick wall, this is Jack Black.  Well, now, I'm afraid I have to run, so I'll leave you two to get acquainted." comic voice over by Scott Kellogg
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Unreliabel Dragon

"you see,wire telegraph is a kind of very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they recieve them there. The only difference is there is no cat." - Albert Einstien

"Of all God`s creatures,there is only one that cannot be made slaves of the leash.That one is the cat.If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man,but it would deteriorate the cat." Mark Twain

Angel

(as the Doctor is about to leave for Antarctica)
Dunbar: Are you leaving immediately?
The Doctor: Why not? Got my toothbrush. (holds it up and grins)

(A few seconds and words later, once the doctor has left)

Dunbar (on the phone): That chap you sent in from UNIT - is he quite sane?
- Doctor Who, The Seeds of Doom: Part One (the Fourth Doctor, by the way)
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

King Of Hearts

Ooh I got another Transmetropolitan one.

"There is no talking back here.

There is no unspoken agreement to leave you with a scrap of dignity.

There is, in fact no guarantee that you'll be able to walk out of here.

LISTEN TO THE CHAIR LEG OF TRUTH! IT DOES NOT LIE! WHAT DOES IT SAY?"

-Spider Jerusalem

"How Do you know that I cant kill you by staring hard?"

-Spider Jerusalem

Taxi Driver: Where to?

Mitch Royce: Now there's a question.

First I want to go to a bar and drink it. And then Im going to have a fight with five men and win. And then I am going to make use of a truly staggering number of prostitutes, Some of whom I may have once ben married to. Following which, I would buy drugs. I will in fact show them a large pillowcase, and tell them to fill it with drugs...

...And Im putting it all on the god damned expense account.

Tapewolf

'Well, mother mine,' he said at last, 'here I am, you see.  I said I would be in time for breakfast, and I have kept my word.'
  His voice had a low, throaty, animal quality, a sneering warmth that wound a velvet ribbon of sexuality over the outward coarseness of the man.
  Judith's breath came in long shudders.  She thrust her arms deeper into the shawl.  The porridge gave an ominous, leering heave; it might almost have been endowed with life, so uncannily did its movements keep pace with the human passions that throbbed above it.
  'Cur,' said Judith, levelly, at last.   'Coward!  Liar!  Libertine!  Who were you with last night?  Moll at the mill or Violet at the vicarage?  Or Ivy, perhaps, at the ironmongery?  Seth - my son...'  Her deep, dry voice quivered, but she whipped it back, and her next words flew out at him like a lash.
  'Do you want to break my heart?'
  'Yes,' said Seth, with an elemental simplicity.
  The porridge boiled over.

--Cold Comfort Farm, Stella Gibbons

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

e_voyager

"that's it. mankind's greatest contribution to the absurd. the thermonuclear bomb" John Crichton.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: King Of Hearts on September 01, 2007, 03:16:17 AM
"There is no talking back here.

There is no unspoken agreement to leave you with a scrap of dignity.

There is, in fact no guarantee that you'll be able to walk out of here.

LISTEN TO THE CHAIR LEG OF TRUTH! IT DOES NOT LIE! WHAT DOES IT SAY?"

-Spider Jerusalem

"It says Shut up, Fred! Can you hear it?"
"You've gone mad--"
"Can you hear it!?"
"YES!"
~ Spider Jerusalem and Fred Christ

"I have a sickness in the brain. I'm allowed to make no sense to you puny mortals, with your fully operational head-meat."
~ Spider Jerusalem

"And Santa Claus is dead! I killed him!" *grabs crotch* "I killed him with THIS! And I left his stinking corpse in an underground cavern where it is raped by hundreds of toxic-effluent-crazed gila monsters every second of every day!"
~ Spider Jerusalem, when interviewed over the Christmas period.

Aaand that's enough Transmetropolitan from me. I leave with a literary quote, one from a somewhat classic book in its genre, a quote that not many people I know would get because they're not bookish nerds like me. This forum will probably prove me wrong. *waves hand and vanishes*

The phone nearest him rang.  Automatically, he picked it up.
  "Yeah?"
Faint harmonics, tiny inaudible voices rattling across some orbital link, and then a sound like wind.
  "Hello, Case."
A fifty-lirasi coin fell from his hand, bounced, and rolled out of sight across Hilton carpeting.
  "Wintermute, Case. It's time we talk."
It was a chip voice.
  "Don't you want to talk, Case?"
He hung up. On his way back to the lobby, his cigarettes forgotten, he had to walk the length of the ranked phones. Each rang in turn, but only once, as he passed.

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

llearch n'n'daCorna

it'd have to be cyberpunk of some sort, and it's -very- familiar, but damned if I can put my finger on it. Something from Gibson, perhaps?

(and I -still- want to get hold of Transmetropolitan. *adds to wishlist*)

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

superluser

I am a Jedi Master.

I was participating in a deletion discussion, when some guy said this:

04:04: Just because someone comes along and points to something red and says "green" doesn't make it so. You can argue that my argument is foolish, but that won't make it so. I make light of these types of things because your goofy mind tricks don't work, except on the weak minded. I'm also skilled at putting adversaries on the defensive

My Jedi Mind Tricks must have worked on him, because here's what he said next:

04:53:Fair enough. I'm not sure I agree with this assessment, but that's better.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Angel

(One is dressed as the other for Halloween)
Charlotte: So what are you going to do today?
Vendetta: What?!
Charlotte: I want to do everything just like you!
Vendetta: Hm... in that case, I was going to play in traffic, and drink bleach!
-Making Fiends

"Hey, what's in the tuna sandwich?"
".....Tuna....?"
- Terry and a waitress, a few years ago
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

vulpesweasel

"Fat guy in a little coat, Richard, fat guy in a little coat!"

techmaster-glitch

*343 Guilty Spark and Master Chief teleport into the Control Center*
343 GS: ...Which means that any organism with sufficient mass and cognitive capabilities is a potential vector...*looks at Master Chief* Is...something wrong?
MASTER CHIEF: No. Nothing.
343 GS: Splendid. Shall we?
*both go to the Control Panel, 343 hums*
343 GS: Unfortunately, my usefulness in this particular endeavor has come to an end. Protocol does not allow units with my classification to perform a task as important as the reunification of Index with the Core...That, I must add, is reserved for you, Reclaimer.
*343 gives Index to Master Chief*
*Master Chief puts it in the Control Panel*
*Control rooms starts powering up, then shuts off*
343 GS: Hmm. Odd. That wasn't supposed to happen.
CORTANA: Oh really?
*Cortana blasts 343*
MASTER CHIEF: Cortana-!
CORTANA: *very pissed* I've spent the last twelve hours, cooped up in here, watching you toady about, helping that thing get set to slit our throats!
MASTER CHIEF: Hold on now. *points to 343* He's a friend.
CORTANA: *sarcastic* Oh! I didn't realize! He's your pal, is he? Your chum? *pissed again* Do you have ANY idea what that BASTARD almost made you do?
MASTER CHIEF: *slowly* Yes...Activate Halo's defenses and destroy the Flood, which is why we brought the Index to the Control Center.
CORTANA: *holds up Index* You mean this?
343 GS: A construct? In the Core?!? THAT IS ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE!
CORTANA: Sod off!
343 GS: Why, such insolence! I shall purge you at once!
CORTANA: *absorbs the Index* You sure that's a good idea?
343 GS: *turns away* How..how...how dare you! I'll-
CORTANA: Do what? I have the Index! You can just FLOAT AND SPUTTER!
MASTER CHIEF: *waves gun around* ENOUGH! *turns to Cortana* The Flood is spreading. If we activate Halo's defenses, we can wipe them out.
CORTANA: You have no idea how this ring works, do you? Why the Forerunners built it? Halo doesn't kill Flood! It kills their food! Humans, Covenant, whatever! We're all equally edible! The only way to stop the Flood is to starve them to death! And that's exactly what Halo is designed to do--wipe the galaxy clean of all sentient life! You don't believe me? Ask him!!! *points at 343*
MASTER CHIEF: *turns to 343* Is it true?
343 GS: ...More or less. Technically, this installation's pulse has a maximum effective radius of twenty-five thousand light-years. But once the others follow suit, this galaxy will be quite devoid of life! Or at least any life with sufficient biomass to sustain the Flood. *pauses* But you already knew that...I mean, how couldn't you?
CORTANA: *disdainfully* Left out that little detail, did he?
343 GS: We have follow outbreak containment procedure to the letter! You were with me each step of the way as we managed this crisis...
CORTANA: *worriedly* Chief, I'm picking up movement...
343 GS: Why would you hesitate to do what you've already done?
CORTANA: *urgently* We need to go, right now!
343 GS: *sentinels pop up, startling Master Chief* Last time you asked me, if it were my choice, would I do it? Having had considerable time to ponder your query-*Master Chief grabs Cortana and inserts her into his helmet*-my answer has not changed. there is no choice. We must activate the ring.
CORTANA: Get...us..out of here!!!
343 GS: If you are unwilling to help, I will simply find another. Still, I must have the Index. Give your constuct to me, or I will be forced to take it from you.
MASTER CHIEF: *slowly* That's not going to happen...
343 GS: So be it. *to his Sentinels* Save his head. Dispose of the rest. *343 teleports away*

-Halo: Combat Evolved, the cutscene in Two Betrayals

I know this is just supposed to be Favorite Quotes, but that whole cutscene is my personal favorite in all of Halo.

xHaZxMaTx

REPENT  THE END IS EXTREMELY FUCKING NIGH - Written in huge letters on a wall inside a church.
-28 Days Later

Janus Whitefurr

Darkness beyond twilight,
Crimson beyond blood that flows,
Buried in the sands of time,
In thy great name, I pledge myself to Darkness.
Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess!

*happiest face ever*

DRAGON SLAVE!

~ Lina Inverse, quoting her trademark spell.

Omega

"Needles to say that everything that the president has spoken the truth, no matter what he said"
-Donald Rumsfeld

I mean  :erk

Goatmon

"Well done, Android.  The Enrichment Center wishes to remind you that Android Hell is a real place, where you will be sent at the first sign of defiance."

Vidar

Messenger : This is madness!
Leonidas : Madness? THIS! IS! SPARTA!!

(rest of movie: ) SPARTANS! BLABLABLA SPARTA YADDAYAP FREEDOM! *Xerxes backrub* *bloodsplatter slashy maim-athon* SPARTANS! *more killing* SPARTAAAAAAAA!!! *etc*

btw. how do I change font size?
\^.^/ \O.O/ \¬.¬/ \O.^/ \o.o/ \-.-/' \O.o/ \0.0/ \>.</

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Vidar on October 23, 2007, 03:25:26 PM
btw. how do I change font size?

You don't.

You used to be able to, but some people abused the ability and spoiled it for everyone. HTH, HAND.

KarlOmega1

"Megatron! Megatron! Megatron!"
-Frenzy, causing the the cryogenic systems to the NBE 1 hangar to fail.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

King Of Hearts

Judge Fear: GAZE INTO THE FACE OF DEATH!
Judge Dredd: GAZE INTO THE FIST OF DREDD!
*punches trough Judge Fear's head*

Janus Whitefurr

Whee, LEXX! Reliving season two~ (Y)

"I am dead, Stanley. I do not think in the way that you think I think."
"So...what do you think?"
"...I think that the living should be concerned with the living."
~ Kai after Stan asks him his opinion on their situation

"...I remember that I used to like fishing."
~ Kai's explanation on how he was able to use his arm mounted 'brace' to grab Xev by the arm and lift her off the ground and up to safety.

"I have killed mothers with their babies. I have killed great philosophers, proud young warriors, and revolutionares. I have killed the innocent and the good, the intelligent, the weak, and the beautiful. I have done this in the name of His Divine Shadow and his Predecessors, and I have never once shown any mercy."
~ Kai's spiel on being a Divine Assassin in its main form. He modifies it sometimes.

Roureem Egas

"My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die."

-The Princess Bride (film, in case the book didn't have it)

llearch n'n'daCorna