What would you be?

Started by Metal Juggernaut, May 22, 2007, 11:52:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Metal Juggernaut

If you could be a class from any game ever made,what would you be? I like Paladins,heavy armor,big weapons,next to impossible to kill. A lot of people usually go do something with magic...I hate that,but everyone has their own style,whats yours?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Stand back and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Metal Juggernaut

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 22, 2007, 12:02:28 PM

Agh!!!Well that does usually kill it...but what class would you be?

Blazehawk

A cleric, 3.5e D&D style, not the wussy ones that are in a lot of games. More specifically, I like making warpriests out of them.  Sometimes I can out-tank the fighters.  :U Basically, I like being in a support role that can actually defend themselves nicely. (I usually take feats and such that allow me to use my healing/buffing abilities to their maximum potential on the party)

nikename2

Warlock, skillcoil gg kthxbye.  :rolleyes

Seriously though, I'd probably see myself as a Paladin. Not the joke that WoW made of them, a true paladin.

It's not so much as the abilities, just making the wrong things right and fighting for what I believe in. It's like I'm surrounded by people who are utterly doomed if it weren't for me being there on some level. I can't really explain it.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Metal Juggernaut on May 22, 2007, 12:05:02 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 22, 2007, 12:02:28 PM
Agh!!!Well that does usually kill it...but what class would you be?

Wussy Wizzard, of course. Who else stands back and nukes from as far away as possible? :-]

I mean, I'd -like- to think I'm warrior type, leap in, slice people to pieces, etc etc, but, honestly, while I like the concept, I'm entirely too paranoid about keeping my skin in one piece for it to be a decent fit. :-] I'd really be much more comfortable with tossing in fireballs and ice blasts and magic missiles and anything else I could lay my hands on.

Oh, and I remembered explosive runes today. :-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

thegayhare

Hmm thats a tough one

Maybe a robotics mastermind,  with hordes of robotic servents to do my bidding

Or a Sons of Either mage,  able to amazing and bizare form of magical technology

Tapewolf

Lord British.  (Immortal, practically invulnerable and capable of killing people instantly with a single touch)

Seriously, I'd have to go with Hare on this one.  Magic or technology, or preferably both.  In System Shock 2 I'll always plump for the technical skills.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ryudo Lee

My current favorite build in D&D for a combat character is:
Barbarian/Frenzied Berserker/Champion of Gwynharyf/Legendary Dreadnaught
Build the feats towards raging and initiative bumps.

If gehstalting, take Barbarian all the way one side into Epic Barbarian and replaced the other side's Barbarian with Fighter.  Build the feats towards two-weapon fighting and initiative bumps.

I'm currenty running a gestahlted Druid | Favored Soul/Geomancer in another game.  It's working out quite well as a summoner.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Tapewolf

Oh, oh, oh!  Fighter-Mage-Thief.  That's a good one - it's so fantastic it causes Eye of the Beholder II to crash back to the DOS prompt as soon as you enter Temple Darkmoon  >:3

I've been wondering whether Fighter-Mage-Baker would be a good class for a DMFA game.  It might give you super charm-Creature-with-pastry powers.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ITOS

Why so many classes from fantasy based RPGs? :razz

I would choose Assault/Medic, from BF2142. It's very usefull thanks to a combination of healing, reviving, a flexible arsenal of assault rifles and a small rocket launcher.
This generic comment was brought to you by:

thegayhare

I don't know I just have a weakness for the sons of e

crafting machines to a science that shouldn't work but does thanks to the magic of the mages will.

I made one made scientest I called Eco Tom

he created plant robots using a theroy of molecular memory controled and guided by the vibrations of special crystals

wooden framed robots with specialy breed creepers set in there chests

I had anouther one who harrassed the forces of the technocracy from a juils vernesq submarine...

when the ocen's got to dangerous he developed a theroy and refitted it to fly threw space becomeing apirate and rading the void engeneers

Stygian

Gwah... Seeing people's choices...

I think that anyone who knows that game would know the awesome when I say that I was a lvl 50 Stalker, Dark/Dark, with Ghost Witch patron powers and a damage/debuff game that could tear my unfortunate enemies to messy pieces very fast when I played City of Villains. I also did a very similar Dark/Dark brute that worked damn well, thanks to that powerset's semi-stealthing powers.

For DnD... Monk/Rogue, with any addition of a class for specialization for damage or speed or additional feats to that one when playing NWN and NWN2. In the original I was an evil, evil guy with a natural hide and move silently skill of 60 and natural AC of 32, no need for weapons, a whole host of skills, a total of six attacks per round and a sneak attack of 7d6, and the ability to hide in plain sight and move faster than my teammates even when stealthed... all perfectly legal!

However, in WOW (which I've lain off for quite a while...) I always preferred ice-focused Mage or shadow-focused Priest for some reason. Might be that Rogues really aren't as good there. And spellslingers get all the nice fireworks, the cool effects, the nice party roles, and don't have to buy huge-ass swords to look good...

Metal Juggernaut

Quote from: Xeksue on May 22, 2007, 12:26:14 PM
Warlock, skillcoil gg kthxbye.  :rolleyes

Seriously though, I'd probably see myself as a Paladin. Not the joke that WoW made of them, a true paladin.

It's not so much as the abilities, just making the wrong things right and fighting for what I believe in. It's like I'm surrounded by people who are utterly doomed if it weren't for me being there on some level. I can't really explain it.

Lol im with ya buddy...let the light shine on forever

Sunblink

Berserkers/Barbarians by far. Big, heavy weapons (especially maces and warhammers) and bloodthirsty attitudes ftw. Chivalry is overrated. >:3

~Keaton the Black Jackal

superluser

The best class would be Wisp, because they get unlimited gold AND the Armageddon spell.  It would get kind of boring, though.

Maybe Calculator?  Or something like dual class rogue/calculator?  Roaming the highways, righting wrongs, carrying ones...

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Kenji

I'd be a me. I'm awesome like that.

Being stuck in one group forever sucks.

RIP Star Wars: Galaxies' original class system. :<

Toric

I'd be a DnD monk. Never truly unarmed, able to reach almost any position through athletic prowess, able to perform superhuman feats of strength through sheer force of will and training. And when I wasn't fighting or meditating on unification of body mind and spirit I could work in the circus as an acrobat.
Yap by Silver.

Jim Halisstrad

I would be Samus Aran

She has class.

Kitsune Ascendant

Sorcerer, with maybe a bit of fighter so I can wield a few weapons. In fact, If I kept an even mix, I'd be nigh unstoppable once I got to the level nine spells if I had the right equipment (boost charisma and strength). There are some really good buff spells for the arcane classes.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

Xuzaf D

Twenty foot rooster with tentacles. My dozen or so tentacles each get a separate turn; have fun with that.

xHaZxMaTx

Can I be a Spartan-II? :3  (Yeah, I'm a Halo fanboi, started reading the fourth book today. :P)

Ouai

I would want to be a shape-shifter, that would be awesome.

Reese Tora

Quote from: ITOS on May 22, 2007, 01:49:27 PM
Why so many classes from fantasy based RPGs? :razz

I would choose Assault/Medic, from BF2142. It's very usefull thanks to a combination of healing, reviving, a flexible arsenal of assault rifles and a small rocket launcher.

Probably because the majority of class based systems are fantasy games.

I think that the class I liked best would have been the 'ranger' class that Pre-op SW:G had

Which is to say the advanced skill tree available if you mastered the right parts of the scout skill tree.

Except that it wasn't even that cool by the time it actually reached to beta. :B
(I had some pretty high expectations from watching the dev boards pre-beta.  Unfortunately, the game that I got to help test in beta was nothing like the mental image I had built up over the course of following it's development.)

Back to the point, my favorite class area is things that are stealth, skill, and psionics based.  I think I'd take the Erudite class from the complete psionic book, which is a variant psion.  I like the idea that I could control the world with my mind, and the Erudite uses an interesting balancing mechanic that doesn't restrict the ability to gain knowledge, so they are more like a wizard than a sorcerer in terms of how they use thier powers.

Next after that, I think that the Rogue is my favorite class.  The stealth is part of the reason, but the major reason I like the rogue is that a rogue is the epitome of the skilled artisan, the trickster, the con artist.  The rogue is whoever he wants to be, and the rogue type isn't set in stone in the way that many other classes are defined by thier powers.

Bards don't get no love.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

ITOS

Quote from: xHaZxMaTx on May 24, 2007, 01:34:16 AM
Can I be a Spartan-II? :3 

Only if I get to be a Monitor. :razz

I kinda like ODSTs better than Spartans, thought... I know they are not as good but their armor looks cooler.
This generic comment was brought to you by:

KarlOmega1

In Diablo 2 (by Blizzard/Blizzard North), I have three favorites: The Paladin, The Barbarian and the Necromancer.

Here are my Reasons for liking these:

Paladin- the auras...they boost certain attributes of the paladin and/or his party, some even cause momentary damage to enemies nearby.

Barbarian- The Combat Masteries are freaking helpful...Weapons Masteries boost Attack Damage and Attack Rating of the character when equipped with a certain weapons class, as well as boost the percent chance of scoring a crit. hit. The other Masteries boost stamina/stamina efficency and Resistance/Defense of the character.

Necromancer- Character can use the corpses of the slain opponents as a army as well as summon Golems. i generally use these summons to distract an opponent so I can get a hit in or run away. The Curses are also good.

With all that said, I'd pick one of these three classes
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Zedd

I would be a ninja turtle,transformer,and swordsman

Reason why Ninja turtle: Killer jumping moves,pizza heals you nearly instantly,and weld famous weapons from Feudal era japan!

Reason why be a transformer: You can turn in to a robot to a car/animal!,laser battles!,and able fight for the right of your homeplanet cybertron!

Reason be a swordsman: Multi uses of many swords,plenty of upgrades!, And made breath a new hole in their belly!

Aridas

ninja turtles and transformers aren't a class >:O

James StarRunner

I'm a pretty complicated guy. In real life if I were to explain myself as a D&D character, I would be closest to a monk/ranger/bard/paladin. Why? I'll tell you why:

Monk: I've taken Kenpo and Karate classes to train myself in unarmed fighting. I've leaped from rooftops without harm. I also depend on agility and blocks to avoid or deflect blows (even hurting others with my blocks. My dad will never let me forget that...)

Ranger: I was a serious boyscout who hasn't forgotten his survival skills. I have a naturally quiet step which makes it easy to sneak up on people (much to the annoyance of my family whom I love to scare). Also having practiced at archery ranges, my aim is quite decent as well.

Bard: I may not have any intimidation factor, but like a bard, I find it easy to influence people. That fact and that I've played trumpet for quite a few years and have had acting experience makes me a good fit for this musical and performing type class as well.

Paladin: I think many people know that they will never catch me cussing. I try to be clean in words, thoughts, and deeds. I never drink or ingest any harmful substances like drugs or alcohol because of my religious upbringing. I've left home to go on a voluntary full time mission for two years to teach the tenants of my faith. Even having moved out on my own, I still am an active member of my church. I can't say I run into any undead, but I believe in Satan and his evil spirits and that they can be 'turned'. (I don't want this thread to get steered into a religious debate, I'm just stating who I am)

I may not be the most effective if I were a D&D character, but I can still kick your butt. ;)

Metal Juggernaut

Holy crapulence...I actually have a semi-popular thread :P