My theory on Abel's femininity

Started by wussycat, May 19, 2007, 09:11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill

superluser

Quote from: Darkmoon on May 21, 2007, 08:59:08 PMWell, f*ck derives from the anglo-saxon flokken (spelling is iffy, sorry), meaning "to hit or beat"

Never heard that before.  The Oxford English Dictionary says that it appears to be related to a nonexistent Middle English word, but that its ulterior etymology is unknown.  No ties to a similar German word can be established.

PS:

Quote from: Bill's sig

LOL WUT?

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Damaris

:nitpick

In other words, it was probably a joke.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Darkmoon

It derives from old english/anglo-saxon word "fickien", derived from a composition text book, back about 10 years ago. It may not be the final answer on the etymology of the word, although it is one scholarly suggestion.

The reason why Oxford doesn't have it is likely because it's not the final answer on the word.

Oh, and flog you, arse wipe.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Zedd

Back on to the subject though..Ever anyone notice what a nice warm waist of a frame Abel has? Maybe thats the reason why Amber gave him a swell looking skirt/kilt

bill

Quote from: superluser on May 21, 2007, 09:22:49 PM

PS:

Quote from: Bill's sig

LOL WUT?
It was an April Fools Day joke that an independent NASCAR news site put out. Predictably enough, lots of people believed it.
It's a parody of both NASCAR having an "Official [blank] of NASCAR" for every conceivable item, and of some controversy when Scientologists actually decided to sponsor a NASCAR dirt track car at a short-track DWS race.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Pity, really. I liked your car.

Did the Scientology car win?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Illusionist

Quote from: thegayhare on May 19, 2007, 03:08:52 PM
Abel acts Feminie because he's me in a past life...

You have to reincarnate several times to reach this level of gayness

Say what you will, but there is no way you can out gay This man.

kaskar

:mowmeep      Just because Abel does not try to push his masculinity, does not mean he is feminine. As he points out, after living 300 years alone, he has it down to an art. He is more like a loner, and as such has no real attachments ... He only lives there as a scholar.
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Turnsky

Abel's look could be from inherant incubi appearance. i.e: The "Bishie" factor.

i haven't seen any 'cubi built like the proverbial brick outhouse, yet, have you?

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Zedd

Quote from: Illusionist on June 05, 2007, 04:16:32 PM

You know people you gotta stop coming into my house and taking pictures of me...Geeze

Illusionist

Muh...Mister Halford, sir? Can I have your autograph?

Rithm Alfortele

Okay, I'm gonna add my 2 cents about this ^^;

First of all, we know that Abel is an Incubus.  While Abel's little speech here (http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_524.php) indicates that not all cubi are into the whole "rape for food" thing... it almost seems to be that there is still some kind of focus on sexuality (well, as much a focus as this comic can get.)  One bit of evidence about this was that Dan's robe had to be modified, and in the end, it showed more skin than it did before.  Also, there seem to be classes involving regular fursons as subjects, such as here (http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_530.php).  I dunno about you, but that furson doesn't look too terrified with his situation there.

(As far as the whole clothing thing, I know that none of the clothing that Dan tried on in the changing room was that revealing, but it was mostly a montage anyways.  Still, it's a chink in my argument)

As for where I am going with this... since Cubi still seem to have that subtle level of sexuality... maybe it's a requirement for all Cubi to be bisexual.

Dan would be an exception (for now?) because he isn't exactly with the cubi loop.  Not to mention he was only at the academy for... what, a day or two?  Not to mention he's pretty resistant to the whole idea of being an incubus.

Well, that's my hypothesis, at least.

As far as Abel's Story itself goes... some guys can be feminine and still be straight.  Just because you're a "fairy queen" doesn't mean you have to go after guys >>

Also, is it just me, or is his funeral clothing a little feminine as well?

Or, he could even be asexual.  Who knows?

Turnsky

Zedd

Fact is..Not sure whos the bigger poof...Me or Abel. And I am saying what I ment. It could be a tie neverless

Tapewolf

Quote from: Zachski on June 06, 2007, 12:03:21 PM
As for where I am going with this... since Cubi still seem to have that subtle level of sexuality... maybe it's a requirement for all Cubi to be bisexual.

Most 'Cubi who attend SAIA are liable to spend the best part of 400 years in an academy among shapeshifters who are permanently twenty-something.  I would imagine that if you were the slightest bit prone to such things you would have experimented at least once in that kind of time period.  That's my theory, anyway...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Aridas

Wha? Since when does "steal souls" translate to "rape for food"?

bill

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on June 06, 2007, 01:10:22 PM
Wha? Since when does "steal souls" translate to "rape for food"?

Because "hot sexy seductress" came right before it. That is the traditional image, after all.

Netrogo

Rape for food reminds me of those McDonald's adds that said 'Yeah, I'd hit it.'  :giggle
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

bill

"Rape for Food" would be the best charity ever.

kaskar

Who was that female that attacked Dan while the test was on, and just leaped out on Abel, when just entering their room ?  Abel says, you will see, we are all a bit like family here...

King Of Hearts

Quote from: Zedd on June 06, 2007, 10:34:39 AM

You know people you gotta stop coming into my house and taking pictures of me...Geeze

http://images-jp.amazon.com/images/P/B000E40QQA.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Gay? Try Hard Gay!

Netami

Zedd

Quote from: King Of Hearts on June 07, 2007, 05:30:29 AM
Quote from: Zedd on June 06, 2007, 10:34:39 AM

http://images-jp.amazon.com/images/P/B000E40QQA.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Gay? Try Hard Gay!

Just hope there is hope for mankind after all or someone is gonna get hosed

Turnsky

most 'cubi are prolly most likely bi anyways, since the actual emotional rush from their partner would prolly be all they need.. however, others might be either straight, Gay, or even asexual, depending on their overall personality, preferences, and such.

chances are, Abel just likes to make the lads uncomfortable, and tease the ladies with his bishie looks.  :P

Aridas

I'm really starting to wonder what sexual orientation has to do with everything ELSE you guys are talking about >.>

kaskar

Apart from being close to Fa'lina, he seems a loner that likes to make trouble

Netrogo

Quote from: BillBuckner on June 06, 2007, 09:30:06 PM
"Rape for Food" would be the best charity ever.

I wonder if we could get The RFF sanctioned as a ligitamate charity :mwaha
Once upon a time I actually posted here.