2007-05-18 Ouch (Abel 90)

Started by superluser, May 18, 2007, 01:07:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaskar

Aniz so far is staying almost decent as an asshole Incubus so far. Remember how Hennya ( Haw ) described how Abel looked. She generalised too much in saying an Incubus likes to eat babies, steal dreams and stuff, have little wings on thier head, and are so ugly they need to steal victims faces to blend in.

But I keep on wondering if Aniz is about to turn into a falsetto if Kria finds out ...

( Future note: Will an Incubi tutor be sent to the house to tutor Abel in primary Incubi skills.  S.A.I.A would be not an  option, since of the recent spat, Abel would not learn there out of stubborness. His tutoring for the moment( Is this where Destina comes in? ) would have to be at home with a Cubi tutor that is not Aniz ... )
8) Just Hanging Around ...

Dard

I am not sure if Anitz implies that May was a whore, he could also mean that she was a slut.

Personally, I am pretty disgusted at anybody who brings up these two words for any reason. Anitz didn't use those words but clearly meant them.
Yes, Amber succeeded remarkably at establishing him as the pinnacle of asshole-dom.

There's just one thing I wonder at this point: Does Anitz intend to take Abel with him? His behaviour and that bank account doesn't tell so far.

PS: I am not sure how much the use of the a-word is discouraged in a PG-forum, but I am very sure every single one who reads Abel's story is having that exact word in his/her head, so nobody would be saying anything that everybody wasn't thinking.

PPS: I don't think fists are going to fly. Unless in a hopeless, helpless kind of way. Unless maybe from Kria, in a clawing, gutting kind of way. Unless Kria was with Anitz to begin with, which I very strongly doubt. (from her age and 'had tea with his mom' comment

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Dard on May 18, 2007, 04:59:10 AM
I am not sure if Anitz implies that May was a whore, he could also mean that she was a slut.

Aniz. Just in case you missed it.

Quote from: Dard on May 18, 2007, 04:59:10 AM
PS: I am not sure how much the use of the a-word is discouraged in a PG-forum, but I am very sure every single one who reads Abel's story is having that exact word in his/her head, so nobody would be saying anything that everybody wasn't thinking.

Ah... We're pretty relaxed about it being used here and there. It's accepted that Abel's Story is rate 14 (by Fa-Teen, on the opening page, if you look) so AS threads then would be expected to be slightly higher rated than the average forum thread.

On the other hand, we -will- step in if someone starts going overboard with language. Be sensible, and we'll never have to say a word.

That's reasonable enough, isn't it? I know -I- think so...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Aridas

oh for frank's sake, you gosh darn mods are such bar stewards!  :<

computer nerd

yup he a--hole aright what will be next maybe may is a demon and she just hiding her wing like kria with the neckless ? if and only if iam right that were able got the bat like wings able and Anitz wing look birds wing ( just saiding )

Tycoon

I suppose that the final panel indicates that May is "Snapping" (http://missmab.com/Comics/Abel_14.php)

Hopefully her rage won't cause her to "snap" Aniz's neck.  :P

This was an excellent comic, for sure. I just can't help but love Aniz for all the mayhem he sews.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on May 18, 2007, 06:15:14 AM
oh for frank's sake, you gosh darn mods are such bar stewards!  :<

It's what it says on the tin, no? Part of the job description... :-]

This starts to remind me of the old "wounded animal" warnings. Maybe "cid" should better be careful

superluser

Quote from: Zina on May 18, 2007, 02:35:59 AMThat is, if you want to assume Furre works with the same legal system as we do.

Well, I'd assume that there are similar laws regarding things like joint accounts, meaning that there should be similar laws regarding the disposition of those assets in the case of separation, legal or otherwise.

If not, then Aniz just became an even cooler jerk.  What happens when May goes to the bank?

May: I'm here to make a withdrawal from our joint account.
Teller: OK.  Cid usually makes those withdrawals, doesn't he?
May: Yeah, well, he turned out to be an incubus and just before he walked out--
Teller: Oh!  He's a creature?  I'm sorry.  Beings can't withdraw from creature accounts.  I'll just put this account on hold until he comes back.

EDIT: Actually, what could she gain from a divorce?  He claims to be giving her a bunch of money, and Abel's long since an adult.

Quote from: SpottedKitty on May 18, 2007, 03:47:03 AM* Or other within-reach part of a certain Cubi's anatomy...
Quote from: kaskar on May 18, 2007, 04:18:09 AMBut I keep on wondering if Aniz is about to turn into a falsetto if Kria finds out ...

I think they can regrow them.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Caswin

Ironically, the links this week are probably one of the funniest jokes ever.

Seriously. XD
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

llearch n'n'daCorna

"links" ?

If, perchance, you mean the Nice links, they're on a random include basis - they change every time you view them, I think.

The xepher.net link, OTOH....

Naldru

Aniz added the comment ** or so the town would say **.  Perhaps he isn't saying what May was, but what the town believed or whispered that May was.  He also said that the bank account was ** full of pretty money **, so it might actually contain enough to keep it in comfort for a lifetime.  The title for episode 652 was  ** When diamonds are easier to make than doughnuts ** and it said that Cubi find it easy to make gold.  Why wouldn't he leave a fortune if it's so easy, if for no other reason than to gain favor with Abel.

By the way, if she was born in Zinvth, it would also help explain why the town whispered things about her.  She seems quite comfortable in the city.

How about the deal between Dan and Fa'Lina in episode 592 where Dan spends a month a year at SAIA and doesn't have to enroll full-time until he wants to, even if it takes a few hundred years.  Perhaps there was a precedent a few hundred years before.  There is also Fa'Lina's line in Episode 494: ** I know.  It's better that he resents me for not giving him a choice than resenting himself for a choice he does make. **

Judging by the conversations with Destania, Fa'Lina, and Abel, sarcasm and manipulation would seem to be a ** very ** strong Cubi trait.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Dard

Quote from: Naldru on May 18, 2007, 08:23:41 AMAniz added the comment ** or so the town would say **.  Perhaps he isn't saying what May was, but what the town believed or whispered that May was.
So? That still makes him almost as bad as the town folk. He had no reason to mention it except to twist the knife in her a little more.
Quote from: Naldru on May 18, 2007, 08:23:41 AMHe also said that the bank account was ** full of pretty money **, so it might actually contain enough to keep it in comfort for a lifetime.
"A few years" doesn't sound like "a lifetime" at all. Sure, he needn't have done that. It's probably the only redeeming act he has done since his dramatic entrance. But less because of the money and more because this means that he does not intend to kill May after all.
Quote from: Naldru on May 18, 2007, 08:23:41 AMThe title for episode 652 was  ** When diamonds are easier to make than doughnuts ** and it said that Cubi find it easy to make gold.
Yup, and in such a world gold or diamonds wouldn't be money. The whole purpose of precious things is that they are difficult to get.
Aniz must have gotten that money from elsewhere. We don't know how old he is and what he did for a living before killing Cid, but I guess the money is that old and that he didn't come by that by simply conjuring it.
Quote from: Naldru on May 18, 2007, 08:23:41 AMBy the way, if she was born in Zinvth, it would also help explain why the town whispered things about her.  She seems quite comfortable in the city.

When was it hinted that May was born in Zinvth? I thought the only reason why she moved there was because this was the least likely place that a child with wings would be talked about.
Quote from: Naldru on May 18, 2007, 08:23:41 AMJudging by the conversations with Destania, Fa'Lina, and Abel, sarcasm and manipulation would seem to be a ** very ** strong Cubi trait.

What Aniz did here is much more than simple sarcasm or manipulation.
At least IMO.

Alondro

*Charline grins*  Ah yeah!  That's MY kind of evil!  Keep hitting while they're down!  Drive them to the utmost of misery while administering a dose of sarcastic pseudo-empathy.  I wonder if Aniz and I are related.   Now, let's see if he gives the coupe de gras.  I'm not saying what I think that will be, because I don't want to spoil the surprise if he does!   >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Naldru

The possibility that May was born in Zinvth was my own idea.  She was the one who suggested going there, she appeared to be knowledgable about the city, and she appears comfortable about living there.  There appear to be normal beings in the city based on who was in the class with Abel.  If May had moved to the seaport before meeting Cid/Aniz and had been born in Zinvth, it would also explain some of the whiserings about her past.  (People tend to come up with nastier gossip about outsiders, especially those from ** that kind of town **.)  It has been my experience that parents are often anxious about uprooting their family, but that they are less anxious if they move to a place where they lived before.  I may be reading too much into it.  (As Freud said, sometimes a cigar is just a good smoke.)

It has also been my experience that basically good people have a much easier time pretending to be nasty than nasty people trying to act good.  However, being able to read surface thoughts would make acting much easier.

I would say that Aniz seems to be well within the range of jerkdom normally experienced by marriage counselors.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Fuyudenki on May 18, 2007, 01:22:26 AM
Ah, that's comforting.  Apparently, he wasn't planning on killing her, then.
He hasn't said anything about Hennya.
Another question is whether Aniz knows that Kria is liable to return for her morphing amulet.  I don't think he does, and the theory that Kria is waiting outside is probably toast by now.

Has anyone who's better at decoding Bizarro-Amber's intent figured out if we're getting another update tomorrow or whether it's going to be the mainline updating then?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

KarlOmega1

Quote from: Tycoon on May 18, 2007, 06:29:43 AM
I suppose that the final panel indicates that May is "Snapping"

I think I agree with you on that...but we'll just wait and see about that.

Oh, btw Amber...Excellent comic.
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 18, 2007, 12:48:08 PM
Has anyone who's better at decoding Bizarro-Amber's intent figured out if we're getting another update tomorrow or whether it's going to be the mainline updating then?

Quote from: Bizarro Amber
Bizarro Amber update with another am normal update. Tomorrow am Abel Story update! Me am working easy to bring you less update! For Bizarro Amber worstest author ever. Maybe if me am really bad, Fluffy will let Bizarro update another week.

Uh. Yes, she updated Abel's Story today. Tomorrow, she'll update the main story. She's working hard to bring you more updates. Bizarro Amber best author ever[1]. Maybe if she's really good, we'll get this next week as well.

[1] Well, I don't see any of -us- arguing, here, so... :-]

Personally, I want to see what happens when Fluffy gets Amber with the tazer (in the donations pic). I think chibi Amber-with-hair-on-end would be downright cute, don't you? :-]

terrycloth

I like the way that May looks so *old* in the first couple panels she's in. I mean, before she was graying, but still all strong and happy and all, but now she just looks like she's about to curl up and die.

After he calls her a slut, though... yeah. That made her snap even when she thought he was really Cid.

Although, really... he *is* really Cid. He's the only Cid Abel ever knew, and she's probably spent at least ten times as long with him as she did with the real Cid. "Ah, but that was only ACTING!" ... yeah, whatever. People put on an act for their relatives all the time.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Everyone has a mask, you mean?

Yeah. "You never let your lover see the stranger deep inside..." Billy Joel nailed it with that one.

rabid_fox

Oh, Aniz, you wonderful bastard.

You know something though? Aniz's expression in the final panel looks truly benevolent and caring.

Ah, man. Can't add anything that hasn't been added already. I still feel so bad for May. She needs a nice cup of tea and a lie down.

Oh dear.

Tapewolf

Quote from: rabid_fox on May 18, 2007, 02:36:34 PM
You know something though? Aniz's expression in the final panel looks truly benevolent and caring.
I thought that too.  But I'm not sure if it's real, or whether it's because he's got a cynical smile that we can't see because of the editing.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

nikename2

It's probably fake. Although it would be hilarious if May and Aniz suddenly just embraced each other and started making out infront of Abel and Hennya. Like an old soap opera or something.

Ted Schiller

Quote from: kaskar on May 18, 2007, 02:25:44 AM
      If May acts fast, she may thwart Aniz with legalities for divorce,.... (snip)

May does not have a case.  She was married to Cid, not Aniz.  Unless Aniz killed Cid before the marriage, and it was Aniz that married her.  Even then, I don't think a Demon city will take action against a creature for what he did to a being.  Her only recourse is to kill Aniz or hire someone to kill him.  If Aniz could not keep himself alive, then he deserved it.

With regards,
Ted

rabid_fox

Quote from: Xeksue on May 18, 2007, 03:29:06 PM
It's probably fake. Although it would be hilarious if May and Aniz suddenly just embraced each other and started making out infront of Abel and Hennya. Like an old soap opera or something.

But he looks so sweet. Like the young, cool uncle you always wished you'd had.

Oh dear.

Rafe

Of course May is really fuming at the moment, and being an incubus, I'm sure Aniz is well aware of what he's doing to her.  The question is, is he just pushing her buttons because he wants to humiliate her?  Maybe he's trying to get her to make a move on him. 

He's already shown he doesn't have a problem smacking her around, and that was for no reason whatsoever  If May actually tries to hurt him, and he feels like defending himself, how badly would he hurt her?  Would he do some permanent damage to her (or worse)? Or would he threaten to, unless Abel cooperates with him?  This is a bad situation that could go a dozen directions.  (Great use of tension and conflict Amber, and talk about suspense - something severe is going to happen.)
Rafe

Dard

Quote from: Rafe on May 18, 2007, 04:35:51 PM
This is a bad situation that could go a dozen directions.
Yeah, a dozen bad directions.
The options for good endings are very scarce.

My only two guesses why Aniz is pushing May even further:
1. He enjoys it being a sadist.
2. He tries to provoke May to attack and then show her just how powerless she is and how futile it would be for her to try anything against him later.

rabid_fox

I can see a line in "I punched May" t-shirts, mind you.

Oh dear.

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Rafe on May 18, 2007, 04:35:51 PM
Of course May is really fuming at the moment, and being an incubus, I'm sure Aniz is well aware of what he's doing to her.
Something occurred to me earlier today: does Aniz know what May's thinking right now? He seems to have suppressed or avoided using most of his Cubi abilities, except maybe the feeding-on-emotions part, for the entire time of his masquerade (never letting his wings or clan marking be seen, never "cheating" and having two good eyes, etc.) — so, could Aniz be suppressing his thought-reading ability?

If he leaves it "turned on", he risks reacting to what people think but don't say. Not unexpected in a Cubi, but in someone pretending to be a Being, people will notice and get suspicious eventually. I think he has suppressed it, just like he has everything else.

Which means May, or Abel, or even Hennya  :erk might be able to take him by surprise...
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

nikename2

Quote from: rabid_fox on May 18, 2007, 04:34:37 PM
But he looks so sweet. Like the young, cool uncle you always wished you'd had.

Oh I have a young cool uncle. His exploits are legend in my family.  ;)

I bear the blade he once used in his displays of mastery on sea and air. This year I shall carry on the legend, for after this year, there shall be no more.  :<