Netami's Religion Thread

Started by Knight, May 03, 2007, 10:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill

Netrogo

Sorry?

Umm should i just delete that post. The fact that the board has gone completely silent is making me paranoid >.<
Once upon a time I actually posted here.

Darkmoon

You're fine. Fear not...

And the idiocy comment was directed at Axis.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Netrogo

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Netrogo on May 31, 2007, 05:07:50 PM
Umm should i just delete that post. The fact that the board has gone completely silent is making me paranoid >.<

Damaris doesn't like it when people delete things. It makes her angry. You won't like her when she's angry.

... she also turns green. Darkmoon doesn't like that, either. So, uh, don't delete stuff, k? ;-]

Quote from: Netrogo on May 31, 2007, 04:54:56 PM
I've always had some very strong views about religion however I was trying to avoid this thread for fear of offending someone (everyone) as I often tend to when I start going off. But it's too tempting to pass up when it's the only thread in the GD being posted in at the moment so I'll go off on my usual tangent and should I offend someone (everyone) I'll just appologize profusely and delete the post.

I don't think you'll offend anyone. We're all reasonable people, more or less. As long as it's "this is my opinion" and not "you should believe me because I'm smarter" - everyone knows I'm the smartest one on this forum, so I win all those arguments. :-]

First and foremost. I think organized religion as a whole, regardless of which one it is, is the most retarded thing to EVER grace this earth.

No, go on. Tell us what you -really- think. :-]

Did they really beat some poor Wiccan to death with bibles? The world has a new low... :-/

HELL even today, the freaking pope said he had a sitdown with god and together they freaking decided that all babies get into heaven.

Actually, the Pope is not infallible, if you look closely. Many people believe he is, but it's only when he speaks "ex cathedra" that he's supposed to be infallible.

According to Wikipedia, that's been used once, in 1950, in the time since it was confirmed, back in 1870.

I'm not sure if his current outpouring of sympathy counts as ex cathedra or not, though.

I'm done for now. If I write too much it'll take too long for people to go over and disect the hell outta my post. I'll write more after everyone's griped about parts of what I said, gonna go get some soda and air for now.

Heh. Let me reiterate - you're among friends. Of sorts. :-]

By the way, do you read Russell's Teapot?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Netrogo

Can't say that I do. What might it be, and is it full of ranting goodness?

Sorry about seeming a might paranoid, guess I'm still testing the waters a bit here :<

llearch n'n'daCorna

http://russellsteapot.com/

It's a webcomic, by an atheist, taking the piss out of organised catholicism.

Enjoy.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Knight

QuoteReally?  So when I grossly generalize one group I need to check my facts, but when if I were to say that religion was a cancer on the human race and that all who put stock in it are crack-pots, I'm right?

Your cunning attempt at "turning the tables", fails miserably.  The situation doesn't allow for it to be reversed without sounding a bit silly.

QuoteEvil Richter:  Really, I'm not surprised at your answer from your attitude earlier in this very thread..

You read all that shit?  Man, jokes on you.

QuoteI got the kind of answers I expected.

If you expected them, why bother baiting for them?  Did our replies somehow win you a new car? 

Netrogo:  I rather like your take on things, and wasn't offended at all.

Darkmoon

He's not someone you can even talk to He is so locked in on his point of view, the idea of any other point of view only angers him.

Probably because he's really, deep down, afraid of anything that contradicts is narrow, shaky world.

With that in mind, I doubt there's anything to be gained from trying to have a religious debate with him. I think we all know exactly where he stands.

Knight

*stamps feet*

AWWW!  Don't ruin my schadenfreude!

Darkmoon

Hey man, if you want to go beat your head against a wall, be my guest. I am just doing my small part to make sure you know the truth before you do it anyway.

:tmyk

Netrogo

Some people just like beating the dead horse :mwaha

Darkmoon

I prefer to beat... other things...

:meat

Damaris

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

superluser

Quote from: Darkmoon on May 31, 2007, 08:36:43 PMHe's not someone you can even talk to He is so locked in on his point of view, the idea of any other point of view only angers him.

I somehow missed both of his most recent posts, until ER quoted them.

Then I went back to read them. :redrum

The comments are like those from a mind without any intellectual rigor at all.

P.S. I wanted to comment on this before, but my desire to not comment was stronger.

Quote from: Axis on May 29, 2007, 04:34:29 PMMost of them a nice, but the loud, annoying ones ruin it for the rest of us.

I agree.  Most of us Christians are nice, but the loud, annoying ones ruin it for the rest of us.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Knight

No, I firmly believe that Axis can be saved with the power of Satan.   :bunny

Darkmoon

The power of Christ compels you to beat off. The power of Christ compels you to beat off.

bill

Holy shit, the top 3 threads are religion threads. FORUM RUINED IMO

Darkmoon

I'll fix it... two seconds...

Knight

Jesus is coming... someone grab a towel.

Darkmoon

I really should post the lyrics to "Revelation 22:20" by Puscifer. It's appropriate, all things considered.

Netrogo

Just to help the process of slowly ridding the forum of religious threads....

*ahem* Bill blows goats!

*bows* Thank you, that is all.