5/2/07 [782] A shrubbery

Started by Caswin, May 01, 2007, 10:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

superluser

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on May 02, 2007, 12:46:51 AMYeah, I imagine that pretty much all the Creature Races would have multipel representatives, representing all the factions/clans/ect. from all the races, and I think that the representatives themselves would be pretty high up, which is why I think that (for the Cubi at least) ALL the clan leades would be preseant as their own representative.

Non-voting advisors, perhaps.  I seriously doubt that the rest of the council would allow a hundred clan members to each get a vote.  It might fly with some of the other races that have clans, but some races, like the undead, who (probably?) have only one seat would surely block any effort to do that.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

techmaster-glitch

Hmm, good point. Maybe only the most prominant and powerful clan leaders?

Quote from: Moonfrost on May 02, 2007, 12:51:16 AM
"We are the Knights who say... NI!"
:mwaha

OH GODS NO! RUN FOR THE HILLS!  D:

superluser

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on May 02, 2007, 01:04:01 AMHmm, good point. Maybe only the most prominant and powerful clan leaders?

Two members is still going to give them twice the power of a race that doesn't have any clans.

nikename2

Yeah it would have to be ones of very powerful clans, other smaller ones probably have their own council setup to send someone to speak for them as a whole. If Cyra's clan is really powerful they probably have(had?) their own representative. Abel though, since his clan barely exists has no representative.

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: superluser on May 02, 2007, 01:06:10 AM
Quote from: techmaster-glitch on May 02, 2007, 01:04:01 AMHmm, good point. Maybe only the most prominant and powerful clan leaders?

Two members is still going to give them twice the power of a race that doesn't have any clans.

Thats why I also said factions/ect. I'm sure EVERY race, EVEN the Undead, have different groups with differing agendas, hell most Undead are really the good people who sometimes even re-commit suicide cuz they don't want to eat someone else alive, but I'm sure there exist sickos that do. I think I could safely say that thos two groups would NOT want the same representative.

Aridas

I was about to say Mab has some important relation to that guy, but 32984623859265932 people did before me. Oh well.

superluser

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on May 02, 2007, 01:08:44 AMmost Undead are really the good people who sometimes even re-commit suicide cuz they don't want to eat someone else alive, but I'm sure there exist sickos that do. I think I could safely say that thos two groups would NOT want the same representative.

So the undead have two representatives?  One for 99.44% of the race, and one for the other 0.56%?  I don't think that that would go over too well.

I'm sticking to one voting seat per race, and perhaps that seat is divided up equally or proportionally between the different factions.

RJ

Oooh, it's that horsey RJ likes.

If only for the pwerdy colours...  :3

Fuyudenki

Quote from: Raire on May 01, 2007, 10:39:50 PM
What the hell is Albanion doing there?

Lets see... fae that was playing a role, apparently helpful, nice, part and reason the creature-being council exists...

Erm... What. Is. He. Doing. There?

I'll just go recheck the info about faes in demo 101 again.
Yeah, what's Albanion doing there?  Fortunately, the "present" Albanion seems to have Beings' best interest in mind.  He doesn't seem quite as flighty as Mab, but a bit moreso than Azlan.

My best guess is that he wanted to talk to Mab about goings-on in the Fae kingdom, but stopped to watch the little being and the half-demon talk.

Also, Demo 101 says he's in the Being/Creature council, not the Creature Council, and whoever that is in 336 is most definitely not a horse.(Amber's drawing styles haven't changed THAT much.)

Valynth

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on May 02, 2007, 01:08:44 AM
Thats why I also said factions/ect. I'm sure EVERY race, EVEN the Undead, have different groups with differing agendas, hell most Undead are really the good people who sometimes even re-commit suicide cuz they don't want to eat someone else alive, but I'm sure there exist sickos that do. I think I could safely say that thos two groups would NOT want the same representative.

Then the problem becomes what makes a 'group'?  No two beings ever think exactly a like and are therefore going to be considered a "different group."  There is also the fact that the council exist specifically to repesent groups found in Furrae.  So the issue would go from seperating wigs to seperanting the hairs on said wigs, defeating the whole "cutting down" process that forces a council of some sort to exist in any democratic medium.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Raire on May 01, 2007, 10:56:13 PM
Where has Mab dissapeared to? Oo

When last seen, she was on Jyrras' left. Albanion is on his right. I'd say that means the Fae are facing each other. And enjoying watching the drama unfold...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Forgetting about Albanion for a moment, my initial thought was that Mab had shapeshifted...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Goatmon

"Oh, uh hey.  Are you here for some reason?"

"No, not really.  Amber's been hitting the paint pretty hard. "

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm wondering, actually... Is Mab now going to be Queen of the Fae? Or would that be far too obvious?

Nah. Too obvious.

Dancing Queen? Or perhaps just Queen of the Desert? Or, in Mabs' case, Dessert?

Hnix

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 02, 2007, 05:15:15 AM
I'm wondering, actually... Is Mab now going to be Queen of the Fae? Or would that be far too obvious?

Nah. Too obvious.

Dancing Queen? Or perhaps just Queen of the Desert? Or, in Mabs' case, Dessert?

What about Queen of the mows? they are going for a hike in the hills so at least a few mows should pop up

Netami

Kettle

Quote from: Fuyudenki on May 02, 2007, 02:14:45 AM
Also, Demo 101 says he's in the Being/Creature council, not the Creature Council, and whoever that is in 336 is most definitely not a horse.(Amber's drawing styles haven't changed THAT much.)

also the Fae in #366 has three fingers and a thumb whereas Albanion has hooves... therefore only finger-like things and a thumb

Sunblink

Quote from: Kettle on May 02, 2007, 07:44:58 AM
Quote from: Fuyudenki on May 02, 2007, 02:14:45 AM

also the Fae in #366 has three fingers and a thumb whereas Albanion has hooves... therefore only finger-like things and a thumb

Ah, but aren't the gemstones on both the silhouette and Albanion's foreheads the same? The image in the Demonology 101 profile for the Fae is pretty similar to the Albanion we see in the comic, with a few minor discrepanices that is.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Kettle

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on May 02, 2007, 08:02:13 AM

Ah, but aren't the gemstones on both the silhouette and Albanion's foreheads the same? The image in the Demonology 101 profile for the Fae is pretty similar to the Albanion we see in the comic, with a few minor discrepanices that is.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

maybe, maybe... perhaps that is a clan///guild///family marking though... Mab has one too. As so little is known about Fae i guess i cant prove anything  :animesweat   

I don't know it could be Albanion the finger thing just really threw me.
*cue amber recking my extra finger theory*

VioletDusk

O, why say thar, what a cute pony boy... o.O

*glomps* MIIIIIIIIIINE!!!!!

o.o

DMFA rule #394: For any given Awkward Situation a, there exists at least one other situation a' that is at least an order of magnitude more awkward than a.

superluser

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 02, 2007, 05:15:15 AMI'm wondering, actually... Is Mab now going to be Queen of the Fae? Or would that be far too obvious?

I'm reminded of this quote:

``May God forgive you for what you have done!''
-- Albino Cardinal Luciani, on being elected Pope John Paul

Aleolus

Who the h*ll is this?  I don't recall seeing this guy before, but he reminds me of Kria!

Alondro

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on May 02, 2007, 01:04:01 AM
Hmm, good point. Maybe only the most prominant and powerful clan leaders?

Quote from: Moonfrost on May 02, 2007, 12:51:16 AM
"We are the Knights who say... NI!"
:mwaha

OH GODS NO! RUN FOR THE HILLS!  D:

No no, they're no longer the Knights Who Say Ni.  They're now the knights who say... uhm... the Knights Who Until Recently Said Ni.   :3  And they demand ANOTHER shrubbery!   >:3

And as for who the shadowy cubi on the Creature Council is... hmmm..  it's tricksey, it is.  :mowninja
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

GabrielsThoughts

I find it odd that the fae has one white hand and one black hand
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

VioletDusk

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on May 02, 2007, 02:08:26 PM
I find it odd that the fae has one white hand and one black hand
Not really. It's quite common for horses and other hoofed animals to have hooves of different colors, usually based on the color of the leg above it. White marked legs have white or pink hooves, and dark legs black, grey or even reddish brown hooves. Sometimes you even have hooves that are more than one color at once; in fact, Appaloosas have striped hooves...

...but I won't bore you anymore. ^.^

rabid_fox

Just on the whole fae thing, where on earth IS Azlan these days? I imagine being bullied into putting up shelves and getting the lawn mowed, but he's got to be appearing sometime soon with his happy-go-lucky tragic stylings.

Oh dear.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Aleolus on May 02, 2007, 01:38:34 PM
Who the h*ll is this?  I don't recall seeing this guy before, but he reminds me of Kria!

If you read the earlier posts, he's listed in the Fae entry on Demo 101. Albanion, I think it was...

ChessM

Um, I just have to one thing to say, I <3 the fae!!!  :)