Neopets

Started by Kasarn, April 26, 2007, 11:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kasarn

Following on from the current DMFA header (Geez Neopets... WTF...) I thought I'd start a new Neopets thread.

Seriously, the new design is like a step back into the 1990's... didn't the Neopets team get the memo about Web 2.0? It's all about the rounded corners!

AND NOOOOO MY KYRRIIIIIII :< :< :< :< :< :< (extra emoticons because it's Neopets and very serious business)
White kyrii had blue eyes; the new brown eyes have none of the charm.

Ah well, I think I'll survive :P

Amber Williams

*laughs*  It was a bit of a suprise for me, but nothing insanely rantworthy...hence I only mentioned it in my header.  I dont mind the new layout and most of my pets managed to come through unscathed.  Really it was just the suddeness of the thing and the loss of my lookups....which will be recoverable.

Right now everything is just so higgidely piggidely in chaos that I dont think anyone has an idea of what to do. XD

Kasarn

I don't think it's that bad either. The rectangular tables are a little weird in the age of Web 2.0
Masamotyr will just need a paintbrush... Disco was always my second choice but I'm going to have to look through them all again.

Other than that, I just noticed that my "It's a Bear" gallery category doesn't show the Bear :S (edit: solved, they don't allow apostrophes in categories anymore)

I also see that Thorganthicus is a Desert Buzz now...

edit: also :P

Amber Williams

yeah. I had intended to paint Thorganthicus desert since the option for desert buzz first came out....but I had always been dawdling because I didnt want to draw a new lookup yet.  But since all the lookups became null and void with the change, I figured now was the time. :P

Lots of people are abandoning pets and leaving neopets 4EVAH, which is silly.  There has already been mention by the neopets people that they are intending to make it an option to have your pet either in the old style or the revamped one.  And with all the major changes, it might just need some time.  So I'm recommending to most people to hold off doing anything too rash until a little time has passed. XD

Reese Tora

Wow, out of curiosity, I went to check if my account was still active after 3-4 years of inactivity.

apaprently, neopets are not very good at house keeping :p

Mood: delighted!
Hunger: dying

whee

--edit--

guess how much of that is the time between today and the last time I logged on before that?

I noticed that my pet isn't on the of the races that got changed... the same ol' shoyru image it was when I joined, lo these many years ago.

I got a ton of stuff in my inventory that's probalby super ultra rare now(event items), if I cared enough to actually start playing again, I wonder how many NP i could sell them for...

but I don't KoL is much cooler. :p
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Aridas

My neopet is content, despite the fact he should be inside out from hunger, having been hungry from the day I got him, which is about 113 days ago. However, I like the way he looks >.>

Kasarn

Neopets is a kids site, so of course your pets can't die :B
Personally, I just send them to the Neolodge and never worry about feeding them until I have to send them again.

RJ

Neopets makes RJ sad.

Even more so since she can't access her account anymore for some reason. But at least I'm not tempted to check for fanmail anymore :3

xHaZxMaTx

Hmm...  Neopets, Neopets...  Oh yeah, I had some of those things in... 7th grade (6 years ago).  I have no idea if my account is still active or not, though;  I don't remember my username/password.

Reese Tora

Quote from: Hazzy on April 27, 2007, 01:52:08 AM
Hmm...  Neopets, Neopets...  Oh yeah, I had some of those things in... 7th grade (6 years ago).  I have no idea if my account is still active or not, though;  I don't remember my username/password.

If mine is, your probably is to.

I had to search on the pet's name, becasue I couldn't remember my own user name. (well, I didn't remember the number I'd added to the end of my at the time standard...)

xHaZxMaTx

I don't even remember the classes I took in 7th grade, I doubt I'd remember the names of my e-pets.

Kasarn

I hath surely been pwned by my pet :[

Kitsune Ascendant

hmm... interesting. the new layout might take a bit of getting used to. feels just the slightest bit cumbersome, and I kinda miss the icons at the side.
but the xweetok is looking even spiffier (I didn't think it was possible without a paintbrush), and I noticed subtle differences between the male and female. I have one of each (male was created, female was addopted), both red.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.
yappities by silverfoxr, and are awesome.  Thanks!

Kasarn

Quote from: Kitsune Ascendant on April 27, 2007, 02:40:40 AM
[...] I noticed subtle differences between the male and female. I have one of each (male was created, female was addopted), both red.

I just zapped my cybunny (who is my labrat, if you couldn't already tell); it changed gender and I can't see any difference. :/

Kitsune Ascendant

well, the xweetok got it. if you look, there's a slight difference in the eyes.
I may be a bit young to be worrying about it so much, but I'm not changing this sig until I find true love.

Kasarn

It would have been easier if you gave a link or screenshots. Instead, I remembered that RJ had two Ixi's and yes, the female has eyelashes.

It may just be labray related.
The flash version of Mirshalyr has the eyelash but the small version doesn't (yes, I cleared the cache).

edit: yep, labray related, sort of... I hit the customize button and whacked a background (just to make sure things change server side) and she's got eyelashes now. Hooray!

Zedd

I havent been on Neopets seince....I first read DMFA and was on furcadia! D:

Kenji

Oh awesome, now you can actually DRESS YOUR PETS in the clothes you buy for them. Hmm... this calls for some digging through my item box when I'm not too lazy to.

Kitsune Ascendant

Quote from: Kenji on April 27, 2007, 11:44:56 AM
Oh awesome, now you can actually DRESS YOUR PETS in the clothes you buy for them. Hmm... this calls for some digging through my item box when I'm not too lazy to.

hmm. don't know if they'll change certain existing items, but at the moment there aren't any items that are wearable. just the silly star backgrounds.

Kenji

Quote from: Kitsune Ascendant on April 27, 2007, 01:18:28 PM
Quote from: Kenji on April 27, 2007, 11:44:56 AM

hmm. don't know if they'll change certain existing items, but at the moment there aren't any items that are wearable. just the silly star backgrounds.

I haven't tried it yet, but I assume you have to have the items with you.

Reese Tora

Back in the day, when I cared, I'd always sell any gear I got becasue you couldn't use it (with the exception of battle dome gear)

I expect that only the race specific stuff will be wearable, atleast at first. And I think most of that stuff is battle dome equipment, so you'd have to choose between equiping it and wearing it.

Of course, I could be wrong... ANd I don't intend to log on for another two or three years anyway. :P

RJ

Quote from: Kasarn on April 27, 2007, 04:53:19 AM
It would have been easier if you gave a link or screenshots. Instead, I remembered that RJ had two Ixi's and yes, the female has eyelashes.

I miss my Ixi... :<

*looks up her old account* Geez, 53 months? Wait, my other account is 68 months old. Aw, my Poogle and Krawk are lonely...

Llewelyn

I logged into my old account, and the Tiki shirt and the racial equipment I tried, none of them were wearable yet, so yeah.

Boog

I've had an account since 6th grade, and every couple months I lose or regain my addiction to it. Even so, from looking at my inventory you would think I'd been on for a month, tops. Feel free to pity me.
On the plus side, customization, yay. On the downside, now I have to spend money on pants. :rolleyes

Kasarn

In case you've missed it, there's a new plot up :eager

Quick link for the lazy
http://www.neopets.com/mip/index.phtml

Amber Williams

Woo. My deck is clean.

Anyways, about the clothes. I think Neopets mentioned in the editorial that they are currently working on pet-specific clothing and none of the outfits already made are working yet.  It sounds like they are focusing more on making new clothes for particular pets but have said in the future they might consider going back through on older outfits and upgrading them to be outfittable...but it might be a while since it would require them making about 52 versions for each thing (or a version for each pet)

Gabi

Interesting.

I'm not really fond of the change, but I hardly ever visit Neopets for anything other than the games, so I don't really care.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Kasarn

Mrah, to the Battledome!

Although, it seems that untrained pets won't fair so well against the Ravenous Monster. I tried it with my lupe and he got slaughtered by the Snow Mudball :<
Oh well, 20 defence and a Leaf Shield will completely counter it (conveniently, my kyrii has 21 defence :3 ). Of course, the monster's HP was continually going up and it started to take four or five turns to defeat it, so I just switched to my lab rat :E

Kitsune Ascendant

looks like mia325 has a training lesson in defense or three ahead, then. Though I have a scarab ring, which adds a bit of protection. Beaten the thing 17 times so far.

Kasarn