Morrowind

Started by Tapewolf, April 02, 2007, 07:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reese Tora

yay weapons caches

I never collected weapons (aside from unique stuff) but I had a chest full of skill books and barrels of alchemy ingredients.

I always just commandeered the house in seyda neen that what's his face lives in... untill he accident. :mwaha
You know, the guy that killed the tax collector... if you did that quest.  Since the hut is legally empty, early in the game, it's always the target of my mark/recall spell, and the place I stash all my stuff.

It doesn't hurt that the town is one of the travel nexi (silt striders)

That and the two types of return spells(almsivi and divine interventions) got me almost anywhere pretty fast.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Blazehawk

Quote from: Reese Tora on May 12, 2007, 04:11:09 PM
yay weapons caches

I never collected weapons (aside from unique stuff) but I had a chest full of skill books and barrels of alchemy ingredients.

Oh, I did that too. I grabbed anything that looked shiny, recalled back to my house and dumped it when I got overloaded, then went back and did it all over again until everything that could be taken of any real value was gone.  >:3 I like collecting trophies.  It's not like their previous owners will need them...right?

I'd also like to mention that this thread is making me want to go back and play through it again, even though I have Oblivion right here.  :B

Tapewolf

Quote from: Reese Tora on May 12, 2007, 04:11:09 PM
I always just commandeered the house in seyda neen that what's his face lives in... untill he accident. :mwaha
You know, the guy that killed the tax collector... if you did that quest.  Since the hut is legally empty, early in the game, it's always the target of my mark/recall spell, and the place I stash all my stuff.

One of these days I must actually visit Seyda Neen.  I just ran away from it as soon as the game began and never returned.

As I've mentioned, I'm using Ahnassi's house as my hub.  I'll have to take a new screenshot because the old one looks pretty pathetic in comparison to the booty now stacked on her dining room table and the books overflowing off the shelf.
Her house is more-or-less equidistant between Balmoral and Vivec, so if you go out of the house and head left, casting Almsivi will take you to Balmora.  If you head right and go behind the pub, it will take you to Vivec.  From either of those two you can take the transmat link at the mages' guild or the stiltstrider, or even the boat from Vivec.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Reese Tora

Be careful with stacking too much stuff.  When the ammount of stuff in a cell (in this case, a room) exceeds a certain number (256 or 512... I think it depends on your system) everything is gathered into an anti-clutter loot bag.  It's a feature to cut down on lag and the size of save files, but it'll mess up your nice arrangements.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Reese Tora on May 12, 2007, 04:30:32 PM
Be careful with stacking too much stuff.  When the ammount of stuff in a cell (in this case, a room) exceeds a certain number (256 or 512... I think it depends on your system) everything is gathered into an anti-clutter loot bag.  It's a feature to cut down on lag and the size of save files, but it'll mess up your nice arrangements.

I'll bear that in mind.  Only the really good stuff is there - most of the loot has gone to Creeper's cash-n-carry.  Which is why I have about 1700000 gold coins in my backpack.  I've also been making good use of her chests and other storage containers so of all the loot I've been hoarding not all of it is in the open anyway.

Blazehawk

Oh? I have yet to have this happen...maybe I should try harder.  >:3

llearch n'n'daCorna

You know, I'm tempted to get this game so I can wander about killing -everything-, no matter who, what, where or when.

Just because it'd pass the time, seeing just how much of the game I could empty of populace.

(yes, I realise that large parts of it are likely to regenerate, due to peons being needed, but still...)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 12, 2007, 05:59:24 PM
You know, I'm tempted to get this game so I can wander about killing -everything-, no matter who, what, where or when.

A census?  Good luck with that!   :erk

It looks like there's over 2000 NPCs in the game (most of whom are carbon-copies admittedly)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Vvardenfell.jpg
... I'll have to take a screenshot of the map as it appears in my game.  I don't think I've seen half the towns in this thing, maybe not even a third.  And there are hundreds of little dungeons and ancestral tombs scattered throughout the whole world.  The sheer size of the game is incredible.

QuoteJust because it'd pass the time, seeing just how much of the game I could empty of populace.

Yes, it's always a fun thing to do.  The Dren plantation for example, is now vacant of all life.  The slaves have been set free and their masters have been freed by the memory allocator.
(Corpses seem to disappear after a while.)

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm thinking... eventually, you'd reach the point where there are "people to buy ammo off" and nobody else in town.

I wonder what happens then... :-]

Blazehawk

Sure enough, I reinstalled Morrowind, got all my mods back, and now I'm playing with this character: http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h130/Aradne/seleren.jpg This thread is a terrible influence!  :U

Tapewolf

Quote from: Qeniheru on May 13, 2007, 06:37:32 AM
Sure enough, I reinstalled Morrowind, got all my mods back, and now I'm playing with this character....

This thread is a terrible influence!  :U

Sorry.  What have you done to her eyes?

I've just had a chat with Molag-Bal while looting one of His temples.  He told me to kill a Daedroth named Menta-Na so that He could torment his soul.  This I have done, but Molag-Bal was apparently too stupid to realise that I stole Menta's soul just before he died.  Some God.

Now I can't decide whether to put it on the mantelpiece next to the Bittercup or sell it to Creeper for 70'000 gold coins...

Anyone know where I can find a good Marksman trainer?  Preferably either Blades or unaffiliated.  I've only joined the Mage's Guild so far.

Blazehawk

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 13, 2007, 05:34:59 PM
Sorry.  What have you done to her eyes?

I've just had a chat with Molag-Bal while looting one of His temples.  He told me to kill a Daedroth named Menta-Na so that he could torment his soul.  This I have done, but Molag-Bal was apparently too stupid to realise that I stole Menta's soul just before he died.  Some God.

Now I can't decide whether to put it on the mantelpiece next to the Bittercup or sell it to Creeper for 70'000 gold coins...

Anyone know where I can find a good Marksman trainer?  Preferably either Blades or unaffiliated.  I've only joined the Mage's Guild so far.

It's one of my mods that adds a bunch of face types for all the races except for beast races (but I have one of those too X3).  She's supposed to be a freak of nature anyway, so I went with the blue eyes. :3

Anyway, the master marksman trainer can be found in Falasmaryon in Missun Akin's hut.  If you just want anyone, try the Six Fishes in Ebonheart or the Hlaalu Council Manor in Balmora, I believe there's some unaffiliated ones there.

Tapewolf

I decided to turn the shadows on.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/games/mw_shadow.jpg
Then I very quickly decided to turn them off again since they appear to be cast by terahertz radiation rather than light which is extremely creepy.  Especially for cat-dude because you see his horrible gangly frame instead of the robe.

Anyway.  I've got 2.2 million gold pieces and freed enough slaves for people to talk about the Twin Lamps, much good it has done me since Ms. Dren won't give me any quests.   :rolleyes

I've just shut down the Caldera Ebony Mine (albeit in my own way rather than the official one).  Creeper won't take precious minerals, so where do you usually go to fence off 42 lumps of hot ebony?

Reese Tora

If you install the tribunal expansion, you can take them to mournehold and trade them for pieces of ebony armor.  THe armor is much easier to sell, of course.

You could also save he ebony to use in potions, as ebony is an ingredient (so's scrap metal and broken glass... and you're allowed to eat all three raw :erk )

Tapewolf

Quote from: Reese Tora on May 17, 2007, 08:58:08 PM
If you install the tribunal expansion, you can take them to mournehold and trade them for pieces of ebony armor.  THe armor is much easier to sell, of course.

You could also save he ebony to use in potions, as ebony is an ingredient (so's scrap metal and broken glass... and you're allowed to eat all three raw :erk )

Oh my god.  That's it.  That is it!  9 grand's worth of Ebony down his gullet.  Let's see the cops get him to "hand over your stolen goods" after that.  It'll be the most expensive meal ever!

Swift-Skink

Spare some change, sir?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ellyriun on May 18, 2007, 05:53:12 AM
Spare some change, sir?
Hell, yeah.  I've been tipping slaves with 1000gp in the hopes they might be able to buy themselves.  The Hortator/Nerevar business cost me at least 20-30 thou in bribes.  I made most of it back by finding a dead Ordinator in Korgoroth and pawning off his goodies though.

The one thing that irks me about being Archmage is the way my underlings are always toadying (except for the Khajiit, curiously).  And what's with that git in Alderuhn who keeps saying "How about... sharing the wealth?"  NO!  Hands off my stash!  If he wants to be rich, he can go kill his own Ordinators...

Seriously, I'd be curious to know if he's reacting to the fact that I'm the Alpha mage, or whether he's somehow sensed all the loot I'm carrying.  I'll have to try hiding it somewhere and see if the fawning shifts gear.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 18, 2007, 07:53:35 AM
Hell, yeah.  I've been tipping slaves with 1000gp in the hopes they might be able to buy themselves.  The Hortator/Nerevar business cost me at least 20-30 thou in bribes.  I made most of it back by finding a dead Ordinator in Korgoroth and pawning off his goodies though.

Let me guess. He didn't know he was dead until after you met him? :-]

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 18, 2007, 08:08:29 AM
The Hortator/Nerevar business cost me at least 20-30 thou in bribes.  I made most of it back by finding a dead Ordinator in Korgoroth and pawning off his goodies though.
Let me guess. He didn't know he was dead until after you met him? :-]
Remarkably, he was dead before I found him.  (And he was still dead afterwards).  I don't even know why he was there, but I'm not going to pass up 30 grand's worth of armour just because I didn't kill him myself.  After all, I was in serious danger of sinking below the 1.5 million line...

Mind you, the same cannot be said for the folks in the Ebony mine.  They set light to Kinassa so they had to die, by order of Lord Nerevar.  In any case a 1080 gold coin fine is just part of the cost of doing business.  I wish I knew how they got word to the guards in the city, though  :B

Ryudo Lee

The one thing that irks me about being Archmage is the way my underlings are always toadying (except for the Khajiit, curiously).  And what's with that git in Alderuhn who keeps saying "How about... sharing the wealth?"  NO!  Hands off my stash!  If he wants to be rich, he can go kill his own Ordinators...

Seriously, I'd be curious to know if he's reacting to the fact that I'm the Alpha mage, or whether he's somehow sensed all the loot I'm carrying.  I'll have to try hiding it somewhere and see if the fawning shifts gear.

Actually, people react to the clothes and equipment you wear.  If you've got a full set of extravagent clothes and decked out in a full suit of enchanted armor of invincibility, then people will treat you better than if you're in common clothes and leather armor.  Heck even the Ordinators will consider you a citizen instead of calling you scum.  Basically, the more expensive stuff you have equipped, the more people will admire you.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Tapewolf

Quote from: RyudoLee on May 18, 2007, 10:36:05 AM
Actually, people react to the clothes and equipment you wear.  If you've got a full set of extravagent clothes and decked out in a full suit of enchanted armor of invincibility, then people will treat you better than if you're in common clothes and leather armor.  Heck even the Ordinators will consider you a citizen instead of calling you scum.  Basically, the more expensive stuff you have equipped, the more people will admire you.
I couldn't decide if that was happening or not.  I've always had the "I haven't seen a Khajiit with such fine clothes in a long time", since my first concrete action in the game was to snag the loony flying mage's robe.  I'm pretty sure I've seen it happen even when he's just wearing the stock trousers, though (I usually remove the robe when he's swimming and sometimes forget to put it back on).

I've never managed to cure the Ordinators of calling me 'scum' though, even with my nice 90'000 gold coin sword.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Maybe you should try wearing one of their shiny hats, as well? :-]

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on May 18, 2007, 11:14:48 AM
Maybe you should try wearing one of their shiny hats, as well? :-]
It won't fit on his head.  I'll have to post the picture of him in leather armour and a makeshift crashhelmet, though  :P

**EDIT**

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/games/mw_catbiker.jpg

And yes, I did force him to eat 400kg of ebony ore in a single sitting.

Aridas

he looks like he should be on a swat team.

Taerkar

I believe that's a limitation that exists more in the X-Box version, not for the PC version.

Personally, since I typically played an archer/thief in Morrowind, I went with House Hlaalu. To further facilitate that, I mad a mod that added a basement to the house you're granted by them which added, among other things, a few trainers and weapon/armor merchants that were friendly to you.

And really, with a little bit of patience, money is practically no concern in Morrowind. Play around with creeper for the bling bling.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Taerkar on May 20, 2007, 04:52:30 AM
And really, with a little bit of patience, money is practically no concern in Morrowind. Play around with creeper for the bling bling.
I killed him last night to see if it was possible to get the stuff back (might be a good use for the pickpocket ability).  The game froze for 55 seconds while it transfered all the booty into Cat-Dude's backpack and when it was done he was carrying 5772/500 weight units.

Taerkar

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 20, 2007, 05:20:17 AM
Quote from: Taerkar on May 20, 2007, 04:52:30 AM
I killed him last night to see if it was possible to get the stuff back (might be a good use for the pickpocket ability).  The game froze for 55 seconds while it transfered all the booty into Cat-Dude's backpack and when it was done he was carrying 5772/500 weight units.

One time when playing Morrowind, I had over a year pass in-game because of me waiting to sell all of my loot to creeper. One shouldn't have to figure out maths to sell Daedric items.

Oblivion tried to defeat that with much lower prices, which only sorta works.

Tapewolf

I've just broken Dagoth Ur's heart.  Is there any way to use it for my own wicked purposes, though?  Deification sounds fun, although I guess the fact that I'm still immortal will have to do.  Heck, I've even found Karegac's notebook, but the dwarf guy wouldn't translate it for me.

Now.  Is Azura actually supposed to say anything, or does she just silently wave her arms around like a moron?  (The first time I cast Almsivi Intervention, skipping her entirely.  No-one would believe that DU was actually dead.)

And then we have Ahnassi.  Dear, sheltered, Ahnassi.  Totally oblivious to the fact that her boyfriend is the son of God and he's just saved the world.  Still I suppose I'd better give her some quality time before I go off and torture councillor Ules to death.  :mwaha

Quote from: Cogidubnus on April 15, 2007, 04:44:12 PM
If you can figure out the one way you can still kill Dagoth Ur after killing Vivec, before you complete the main quest, I will eat my hat and give you as many free internets as you can eat.
By the looks of it you don't strictly need Wraithguard in order to break his heart.  That's probably not what you had in mind, though.

Ryudo Lee

Well, if you destroy the heart then the cavern you're in is supposed to crumble down and you're supposed to run out, not use an Intervention spell.  Azura is supposed to appear before you and then a cutscene movie happens, and you get a ring from her.

Thanks to Taski & Silverfoxr for the artwork!

Tapewolf

Quote from: RyudoLee on May 21, 2007, 09:42:58 AM
Well, if you destroy the heart then the cavern you're in is supposed to crumble down and you're supposed to run out, not use an Intervention spell.  Azura is supposed to appear before you and then a cutscene movie happens, and you get a ring from her.
Ah.  The cutscene failed for some reason.  I'll have to see if I can find the file and play it manually.

**EDIT** ( Because it was trying to pull the video off the DVD and I was using a no-dvd patch to keep the disc pristine >:3 )

Apparently no-one told the game I'd fulfilled the prophecy either - it did the "prophecy is severed" message again when I killed Ules.  :rolleyes

**EDIT EDIT**
I've just played all the Khajiit sound files, like I did with Thief and Thief 2.
I'd be interested if anyone knows how you get the following speeches:

"Grab him!"

"Wet fur." / "Dry fur.  No ash.  A good day."  (Discussing the weather?)

"Welcome.  This one will buy from us.  Yes!" / "A book today?"  (Various trade speeches)

In particular:

"Not afraid of you, kind master!"
...is this dialogue for the slave that you can buy?