2007/03/30 [768] Size doesn't matter

Started by thegayhare, March 30, 2007, 01:29:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaskar

One strip shows why Boing is is the leader in long term flight . See the strip where a ( shrew ? ) got caught in and chewed up , while relaxing , flying in the air .

Onto Lorenda's problem. She is only 24, and while in being years is mature, as a cow/demon , she has hundreds to thousands of years to attain fully mature size for a demon . In respect to creatures being able to fly , Lorenda seems to show aspect of a carnivorous diet . Remember her nice sharp teeth ? That seems to get rid of an ungulates power to weight ratio . Wing design is probably bat or furlike  , like her mother . Skeletal mass can be lessened as in the case of birds, or by using a calcium alloy , as we use in metalwork with titanium steel and ultra high strength aluminium silver alloys . Tendon , muscular, and other charactericstics can be also be taken care of . Also , remember the Dragons ? If they had a hydrogen pouch inside themselves, that would lessen the load on lift off . And what of fire breathing ? H
Hydrogen burning could give the effect, but sudden reflux could cause heartburn ...  but the little wings are cute  ....
Just a slightly darked candy cotton color to her hair ...
8) Just Hanging Around ...

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: kaskar on March 31, 2007, 01:55:01 AM
Also , remember the Dragons ? If they had a hydrogen pouch inside themselves, that would lessen the load on lift off . And what of fire breathing ? Hydrogen burning could give the effect, but sudden reflux could cause heartburn ...
Have you by any chance seen "Dragons: A Fantasy Made Real" on Animal Planet?

Aurawyn

Kenji

Quote from: Aurawyn on March 31, 2007, 02:03:28 AM
Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on March 30, 2007, 10:42:36 AM
clearly the wings are vestigial

I hope not.. I hope they grow bigger..

Well... if wings are like ears and breasts...

Manawolf

Beyond such things as how ice spells are more effective against wet characters, don't try applying real world physics to fantasy.  It'll just give everyone a headache.

Well dealing with demon wings, it seems the fantasy way to go is just keep on making them bigger, then it doesn't matter what weight that character is.

Then again they may just remain vestigial and useless, as demon mares prove lighter than demon cows.

Turnsky

One strip shows why Boing is is the leader in long term flight . See the strip where a ( shrew ? ) got caught in and chewed up , while relaxing , flying in the air .

and why rolls royce are the leaders in jet engine manufacture..  :P

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Vraptor140

I would have expected a... larger... wingspan   :U

But as many said I also believe there's a good posibility of them growing (the wings)

Rythak

Quote from: Vraptor140 on March 31, 2007, 02:16:51 AM
I would have expected a... larger... wingspan   :U

But as many said I also believe there's a good posibility of them growing (the wings)
Or it could be a sign that Lorenda will shrink until they are good size : body ratio

(this is a joke btw)

Azraelle

Bernadette did mention that she'd never seen wings come in so small before ... suggesting that wings growing in size over time is probably not seen.  It implies that when wings "pop out," they are at or near full-size.

devilsislegrl

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on March 31, 2007, 02:02:37 AM
Also , remember the Dragons ? If they had a hydrogen pouch inside themselves, that would lessen the load on lift off . And what of fire breathing ? Hydrogen burning could give the effect, but sudden reflux could cause heartburn ...
Have you by any chance seen "Dragons: A Fantasy Made Real" on Animal Planet?

ooh! ooh! i have! twice! it was AWESOME!  :eager

kaskar

Also look at Lorenda's face when she has become part of the demon race . However , the look is of one wanting something more dramatic . At least she won't soffer from the wings like when Dan got his little wings . Or when Kria finds out, will it become a case where she will suffer since she will probably be tutored or nagged on what does a  demon do and in which way as with DEan in SAIA .

superluser

Quote from: kaskar on March 31, 2007, 03:05:30 AMOr when Kria finds out, will it become a case where she will suffer since she will probably be tutored or nagged on what does a  demon do and in which way as with DEan in SAIA .

Well, if she's going to be nagged, it's probably best to have a mare do it.  :B

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Nikki

*done backreading*

Why the heck do people have to get so darn Technical over a COMIC? Jeeze.

As for Lorenda: i feel some fanart welling up XD those wings are sooo adorable!! question is: are they actually IN her back or Floating? (Like Xze's)?

Much thanks to Keaton and Haz for my sig, and King Of Hearts for my avatar. ILU guys <3

kaskar

So Kria told Lorenda about what was to happen , as Destina told Alexi about what was going to happen to Dan  . Lorenda did know what would happen, and took it calmly , but Dan could never be told because he was too emotional. and an idiot . When will the idiot factor wear off from Dan ?

devilsislegrl

For Dan?? I say about a quarter to never.  There's always something to be an idiot about...

Keleth

Here's all the answers you really need to know.

It's FANTASY therefore not REALITAY *Dances a jig*

And it's Amber's world so she can do what she wants.

It's also why I kinda laugh at all the way too serious speculation going on.  >:3
Help! I'm gay!

Reaver225

On a different note, will Lorenda have to change her entire wardrobe? It's gotta be uncomfortable having to squish wings under clothes (assuming Creature->Being charms like Kria have are uncommon/expensive)

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Reaver225 on March 31, 2007, 11:07:03 AM
On a different note, will Lorenda have to change her entire wardrobe? It's gotta be uncomfortable having to squish wings under clothes (assuming Creature->Being charms like Kria have are uncommon/expensive)
Or she could just get a patch from Jyrr... oh wait, they might not be on the best of terms at the moment....unless Amber finnaly decides to stop stalling and being lazy and has them resolve the problem...which is not gonna happen until at least near the end of the current arc, knowing Amber... then Amber is gonna pull of a cheap but halarious joke, suddenly making it as though the problem never existed to Lorenda and Jyrras...that or she will cause the whole thing to go to hell...

...But that's why I read this comic.  :P

superluser

``Jyrras, I think I should move out, never see you again, and terminate our business relationship with your patches.  But first, make me a patch to hide these wings.''

I'm tempted to turn this into some noir dialogue (``Make me a patch!''  ``You sure are a bossy dame, ain'tcha?  With ice or without?''), but I'm off to work shortly.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Regal

"Okay Lorenda, I've solved the problem with your wings. It's a Turbo-Thrust 5000 jetpack!"
"No Jyrras, I wanted to HIDE the wings."

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Regal on March 31, 2007, 11:37:35 AM
"Okay Lorenda, I've solved the problem with your wings. It's a Turbo-Thrust 5000 jetpack!"
:lol

Reaver225

Ouch, imagine if she COULD fly... Can you imagine a flying cow being sucked into a jet engine?  :<

Rythak

Mega carnivour? Imagine peacefully walking down the road and having a demon cow with a jet pack swoop down out of nowhere devour you and use your bones as toothpicks.... then eat them too and then just fly off leaving nothing but a bloody spot on the sidewalk where your mutilated corpse was eaten...
:B
I'm gonna have nightmares now... I'm sorry was i a little "over the top" there? My brother thinks so.

devilsislegrl

sorry to interrupt the fun little dialogue going on, but I think a patch would only change the wings, not hide them...

Although, for Dan, he did make that one patch, so who knows?

Ok, you can now resume your jetpack fun, heheheh...  :giggle  :3

KarlOmega1

I'm only gonna say one thing... She looks cute with those wings!
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: devilsislegrl on March 31, 2007, 02:13:50 PM
sorry to interrupt the fun little dialogue going on, but I think a patch would only change the wings, not hide them...

Although, for Dan, he did make that one patch, so who knows?
When Jyrras was explaining patches, he said that most of them are coustom-made, which means they can be specially tailored for almost anything. The new patches he was beta-testing were a "general" kind that anyone could wear.
The bracer-patch that Jyrras gave to Dan to hide his headwings was almost certainly a coustom patch, since it was supposed to function as long as he was wearing it.
General patches, on the other hand, seem to wear off in about a day.
The difference is, coustom patches do what they are specifically designed to do a certain thing for the specific user, no more, no less. The new general patches make changes based on the type of patch, not the user, which is the exact oposite of coustom patches. That is why a general patch usually wont mess with your wings, because then only change the features nessesary to make you look like what it is the patch is supposed to do. So in the case of Dan's "human" patch that he tested, it removed his fur, ears, and tail, as well as some minor facial modifications.

Rafe

Quote from: Reaver225 on March 31, 2007, 12:20:04 PM

Ouch, imagine if she COULD fly... Can you imagine a flying cow being sucked into a jet engine?  :<

Birds are bad enough.  If cows could fly, imagine what a mess they could make on your car's windshield.
Rafe

Anri

Quote from: Rafe on March 31, 2007, 06:04:34 PM
Birds are bad enough.  If cows could fly, imagine what a mess they could make on your car's windshield.

Aaaah, reminds me of a poem! *ahem*

Birdy, birdy in the sky
Why'd you do that in my eye?
Birdy, birdy, I won't cry
I'm just glad that cows don't fly!

Prof B Hunnydew

OOOOoo You are Badd Rafe... So how many birds have you unforturnately killed with your car? 

I have hit a few startled ducks on a very early Sunday morning on a country road around a lake.
But  A flying cow would knock down an airline jet... But I can't see them being any worst then deer to cars.

PBH

Reese Tora

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on March 31, 2007, 07:17:41 PM

OOOOoo You are Badd Rafe... So how many birds have you unforturnately killed with your car? 

I have hit a few startled ducks on a very early Sunday morning on a country road around a lake.
But  A flying cow would knock down an airline jet... But I can't see them being any worst then deer to cars.

PBH

I hit a seagull once while driving 65 on the freeway; it shot up in to the air.

*just wants to belong, is that so wrong?* :<

--edit--

It didn't do any noticable damage, or make my car any dirtier than it already was.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation