For the manga dorks...

Started by Dakata, March 24, 2007, 09:37:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dakata

[Click]

Tokyopop's Manga magazine thing is gonna be sent out soon. They send it out at the end of spring/summer/fall/winter. AND SORRY RJ (And other forumites who don't live in the US. Yes, even you filthy not-filthy canadians above us.), IT'S FOR FILTHY AMERICANS ONLY. :<

It's got some previews of some mangas (Around 10. I think.), and some info 'bout 'em (Like what character's names mean, or "The artist/author likes this because blah-blah" or "LOOKIE THAR AT THAT SECRET MESSAGE THE ARTIST PUT FOR HER FRIEND THAT YOU CAN BARELY SEE!" (Oh yes, they had something like the third one in a magazine once. It was for a page in Bizenghast.) )

And it's got some other stuff too. Like interviews and crap.

...But don't worry, RJ (And other non-american forumites). :< You guys can still look at some free mangas on the site...'cept for the last chapters. You gotta join though (You gotta join to get the magazine too :paranoid), 'cuz if you try to look at mangas when you're not logged in, you can only look at...3 pages I think. D: Then it complains and tells you to log in to see MOAR.

If you guys wanna get the magazine, you better hurry though. D: I got an email saying "Magazine's gettin' sent out soon! Make sure your address is right!" and crap like that a week ago.

Some mangas from Tokyopop:
Dramacon
I Luv Halloween
Peach Fuzz (PSST. THIS ONE HAS FERRETS IN IT.)
Bizenghast
Sea Princess Azuri

...I'm not just posting links to mangas -I- like, I swearz. :<

...*Runs off and reads moar manga* Heeheeheeeeeee :3

Angel

(mesmerization) Lookit all the emoticons......

(shakes head really fast) Whoops. Sorry bout that. The first three look cute; the last two seem a bit overdone. Peach Fuzz also sounds a teensy bit used, but the firast two at least are rather original. Approval!
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

RJ

*adds another thing to her list of why she hates her country so much* :(

Dakata

Aww...RJ! :hug Don't feel bad. At least you have kangaroos. And koalas. :<

Oh, and for anyone who wants to post art or stories or whatever to TP, watch out for the n00bs who post art that isn't theirs, or anime screenshots. They're dumb and they'll use any excuse to make them seem like they're not a bad person.

"I DIDN'T KNOW"
"I -DID- DRAW IT!" (LIES)
"I UPLOADED IT 'CUZ I THOUGHT IT LOOKED COOL/CUTE/ECT." (FAIL.)
"WELL YOU'RE A [Insert a whole bunch of swear words here]!!!!!!" (EPIC FAIL)

...*Rants about stupid people some more* :<

Saist

Australia also has RJ! What more could it need?

RJ

More reliable sources of anime and manga. I can only really get manga on the rare occasions that I visit my grandma, and recently, EB stopped selling anime. :/ I'll probably never be able to get the last DVD of GitS: SAC 2nd Gig now.

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: RJ on March 24, 2007, 11:02:26 PM
More reliable sources of anime and manga. I can only really get manga on the rare occasions that I visit my grandma, and recently, EB stopped selling anime. :/ I'll probably never be able to get the last DVD of GitS: SAC 2nd Gig now.

Kinokuniya is the most reliable anime-stocked place I've been, but the cost of travelling to Sydney makes it difficult to use.

An alternative is ]Tamarket, who are fairly reliable in their stocking of DVDs, manga, and other related items. And they're Australian based, which is pretty sweet.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

King Of Hearts

And if anyone is looking for a good manga to read try

"Free Collars Kingdom."

Cats represented as Catboys/Girls, I like how much they try to differentiate among the cat breeds. Though that girl based on a scottish flat [flap?] looked like a dog girl at first glance.

ITOS

Quote from: Dakata on March 24, 2007, 09:37:19 PM
Some mangas from Tokyopop:
Dramacon
I Luv Halloween
Peach Fuzz (PSST. THIS ONE HAS FERRETS IN IT.)
Bizenghast
Sea Princess Azuri

I haven't read any of those. :/ I guess there are so many mangas in the world that a normal human being wouldn't be able to read them all.
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Helena

I think you can read alot posted by a site where u can view online...and such. It's called

www.mangavolume.com

I think...or close to it. It has...a lot...and...I prefer manga's that are...lesser known...then the popularity. But then again...very few people know what manga is where I am from
Mirror, mirror, on the wall, whose to say who I really am at all?