Guide to the cubi race... 2/20/07

Started by GabrielsThoughts, February 19, 2007, 09:44:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zedd

Quote from: Alondro on February 20, 2007, 12:10:14 AM
Quote from: HeroZero on February 19, 2007, 11:45:02 PM
I love the facial expressions. They're very...expressive...I like that.

*Charles stares and stares at Fa'lina*  Yes... very expressive facial expressions... very round and bouncy facial expressions...

*Charline grrs*  Those are her boobs, Charles.   :tumbleweed

Smack him around or shall I?

Yugo

https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

Kasarn

What Fa'lina was actually thinking in the second panel...
First off, my face is up here.

RJ

Um, er...

Fanservice o_o

Quote from: Zorro on February 19, 2007, 09:56:19 PM
Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on February 19, 2007, 09:44:46 PM
but can they make waffles?

Of Course Not!  You Cave Warp ACI!

The Civilized Cubi make Muffins!

:giggle Civilized....

MaskedRetriever

Quote from: Manawolf on February 20, 2007, 12:00:42 AM
Quote from: MaskedRetriever on February 19, 2007, 11:13:50 PM
Quote from: Manawolf on February 19, 2007, 10:07:00 PM
Falina seems to be getting progressively sexier each time we see her.  Now she's got that slip down the front of her dress.

I predict that she'll be naked by the next 30 strips we see her in.

Shapeshifters.

SHE'S ALREADY NAKED   >:3

Then that'll be when she starts flashing.

I WOULD NOT COMPLAIN

:mowwink

Manawolf

Quote from: Kasarn on February 20, 2007, 12:40:30 AM
What Fa'lina was actually thinking in the second panel...
First off, my face is up here.

Well if you didn't want people looking at your chest you should have put on something less revealing.

Zedd

Its all fun and games till someone looses an eye with their ablitys...In this case Charles :D

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aisha deCabre on February 19, 2007, 11:09:39 PM
Personally I wouldn't play cards with someone with wings...

Since I asked for it I may as well use it:
:shapeshifters
Just because they don't have wings doesn't mean they aren't a 'cubi :P

Quote from: MaskedRetriever on February 19, 2007, 11:13:50 PM
Shapeshifters.
SHE'S ALREADY NAKED   >:3

Well yes she is naked under her clothes, but if she was shapeshifting the clothes, we'd be able to see her clan mark  :3

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zedd

Im sure some you realized by talking about her will cause the chain of events her showing up dontcha?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Action Jesus on February 19, 2007, 09:53:31 PM
Her boobs seem to get perpetually larger as the story progresses.

Boobzilla!

*giggle*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Gabi

Aary explained that on her LJ a long time ago. Did she and Amber discuss it in advance?
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Mitzi

Fa'lina appears to be bored with her own lecture by the second frame!

Sunblink

Uh, Fa'Lina's more prominent physical qualities aside, this is shaping up to become a rather informative and entertaining comic already. The art looks fantastic as well--I love Fa'Lina's expressions (especially in the second panel, which, indeed, looks like she's saying "my eyes are up here", like Kasarn said) and the design of the Cubi playing the card tricks (I wonder what species he is? Judging by the little horns, he looks like a giraffe). That's probably the most innocuous of the thought-reading examples.

As for the difference between thought-reading and mind-reading, I believe mind-reading is used to dive into the other person's mind to discover more personal information that wouldn't be announced in immediate thinking, like their backstories, or innermost desires. It actually seems kind of simple to me, but I could be wrong.

~Keaton the Black Jackal

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on February 20, 2007, 06:07:28 AM
Aary explained that on her LJ a long time ago. Did she and Amber discuss it in advance?

I never worked that one out, but a lot of things Aary posted later became canon - at first I assumed it was Amber herself (before I found out Aary was a real person).

Sid

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 20, 2007, 08:20:12 AM
Quote from: Gabi on February 20, 2007, 06:07:28 AM

I never worked that one out, but a lot of things Aary posted later became canon - at first I assumed it was Amber herself (before I found out Aary was a real person).

But I think one or two minor things went against what later became canon. Not sure what it was anymore (or if it had just been my impression), though. It had been back in October when I stumbled over it, so my memory may be playing tricks on me.
:boogie

Mesmirez

You know, I hardly see how Fa'Lina's body parts growing to the point where, if she was even *thinking* about being real, they'd snap her back in half quicker then you can say "hawt buttsecks", is "fanservice" :erk especially considering that the majority of the readers are straight females/gay males. I'd probably enjoy this comic a lot more if I didn't have to worry about my parents seeing me read it half the time. :U

Come on, Amber, don't be a typical comic artist.

Rant aside, lots of nice information on cubi. :B

llearch n'n'daCorna

just out of interest...

... how do you know what the majority of the readers are? I'm not criticising your stats, I'm curious as to where they came from. After all, I don't think even a majority of the people on this -forum- are straight females or gay males, no matter how voluble or visible the gay males are. (Sorry, TheGayHare. No offence, honest. :) ) I'd be more inclined to say the majority of the people speaking are male, particularly since the forum stats seem to think that the male/female ratio is on the order of 3.9 to 1 in favour of males. My impression of the folks around is that perhaps 12-15% (finger in the air, mind) are "out of the closet" homosexual, of either bent, or bisexual, with, at a guess, perhaps twice as many in the closet or unaware as yet of their tendencies.

I figure the homosexuals cancel each other out, statistically speaking, since for every gay male who -won't- be interested, there's a gay female who -will-... Admittedly that 4:1 ratio means that for every 4 guys, there's one girl, but...

Having said that, the numbers work out at 430 guys, 260 girls, in total. Assuming the outside numbers, that's 45% cross-interest (we'll assume that bisexuals count as gay, for the purposes of the count - not because I'm slighting them, but because they're much harder to count, being quiet about things, generally speaking) that's 236 guys and 117 girls interested, 194+143 not, or totals out at 379:337 - slightly in favour of boobies, give or take some statistical looseness. That's rounding in favour of non-interest, there, since in reality I expect that things are rather looser, and there's going to be a lot more overlap - at least the bisexuals, and some of the homosexual males still appreciate the female form, here, or so I understand....

I'm over-analysing this, aren't I? :-)

Although I do take your point about SFW art. :-)

Oh, and welcome to the forum, as well. :-)

Kasarn

THIS CALLS FOR A CMF SEXUALITY POLL!!!

Gabi

That wouldn't be fair for the undecided, would it? Besides, FKK/Kenji has included that question in his latest poll.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Quote from: Kasarn on February 20, 2007, 09:34:00 AM
THIS CALLS FOR A CMF SEXUALITY POLL!!!

AFAIK this is the closest we've had:

http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php?topic=1276.0

**EDIT**
(What am I doing, prolonging this derailment of the thread?)

Kasarn

GOOD QUESTION MR. WOLF

In order to get back on topic, here is the old Mind Reading thread from December 2005
http://nice.llearch.net/dmfa_forum2705.htm

llearch n'n'daCorna

*cough* erm. yeah.

Sorry about that. :-)

So.. how's about that mind reading, then? Does anyone else immediately think of ways to spoof the cards, when faced with a situation like that? Not looking at all, for example? Or bringing into mind an entire deck, whilst looking at a single card, etc? I realise it wouldn't be easy, but you can bet it'd mess up the reading powers something chronic....

Yugo

The way I see it thought reading is just tracing the surface thoughts on someone's mind, i.e. whatever they happen to be actively thinking about at the time, whereas mind-reading would be going deeper and actively reading things that aren't "on their mind" (oh snap!).
https://www.weasyl.com/~boximus<br /><br />My Weasyl!

Stygian

There are only three options, so it really wouldn't be that difficult. We could even add "In celibate" and "Only gay for Abel" as options, if not for anything else than the heck of it. But it'd be better if we just revived that thread. Not that I'm promoting this in particular, just making a point.

In other news, we need a sexier female representative than Fa'Lina for fanservice. Neither poodles, pink nor excessive plumpness are any fun at all, as far as I am concerned... Maybe we could convince li'l Charline to pose? That'd be nice...

And as for the thought/mind reading, I find it most convenient to think of it as the difference between speaking out loud and the 'cubi just hearing it, and muttering unintelligible things to oneself and the 'cubi standing some distance off. I think that it would logically only normally require an effort from the 'cubi's side to try and pry in someone's mind. Thoughts and feelings would just be broadcast.

And naturally there would probably be ways to fool thought-reading. I imagine some people would just be much too scattered in their minds for the creature to get a clear picture. Others might think too fast. Some might be insane, some might not concentrate, some might just be obscure... I like to think of the way I think because of my Aspergers; mostly I really try and clear my mind, since otherwise I just get lost in all the blur...

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Stygian on February 20, 2007, 10:20:22 AM
And naturally there would probably be ways to fool thought-reading. I imagine some people would just be much too scattered in their minds for the creature to get a clear picture. Others might think too fast. Some might be insane, some might not concentrate, some might just be obscure... I like to think of the way I think because of my Aspergers; mostly I really try and clear my mind, since otherwise I just get lost in all the blur...

I have one autistic character in my works whose thoughts get read as images rather than words; I'm not sure how an aspie's thoughts would be portrayed (perhaps as hyperrealistic or overly cluttered images?)

Aridas

I think it really depends on what type they have.

llearch n'n'daCorna

You know, I was looking at Jigsaw Forte's post, thinking what to answer, about my disagreement...
... and it turns out Aridas summed it up excellently.

Nuts. He's reading my mind again. :-)

Alondro

Quote from: Action Jesus on February 20, 2007, 12:37:22 AM
Everybody smack charles! >=3

*Charline shouts*  Smack the Charles!

*Charles erfs*  Don't smack the Charles.   :<
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Stygian

[Smacks them both, then gives Charline another one on the ass for good measure, and escapes with a laugh into the dark outside through a window]

I don't really know what to call it. All I know is that unless I concentrate and calm down I think way too much. Or maybe it's too fast. It's not always convenient, in either case. And it's much more images and emotions than I think is normal. Of course, I don't have the perspective to prove that thesis, but...

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Alondro on February 20, 2007, 12:21:05 PM
Quote from: Action Jesus on February 20, 2007, 12:37:22 AM
Everybody smack charles! >=3

*Charline shouts*  Smack the Charles!

*Charles erfs*  Don't smack the Charles.   :<

Yea, Smucker the Charles...

*pounce,hugs and give one on Charles' lips as they fall down to floor.  Just being miss by Charline, who jumping in surprise from that slap on the rump and flying over them.*

"Are you going to let me up, Charles Or stay here?"

PBH