Cybernations

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, February 18, 2007, 07:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tezkat

Quote from: Darkdragon on September 23, 2009, 01:57:43 AM
PS: If anyone sees Kasarn remind him he needs to collect as he is nearing the deletion period.

Hmm... Kasarn is obviously active, since he's sending out tech, but he is cutting it kinda close (even with the extra 5 day's grace)... :dface

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Kasarn

llearch n'n'daCorna

...dang, that's a lot of tech.

silentassassin

Took a look at cybernations looks quite interesting.

Tezkat

Great! Join the party so we can start farming you for tech helping to build your nation. >:]

Keleth

Those are lies. They still don't want my tech :p
Help! I'm gay!

insidexml

All of a sudden my tiny little alliance is not so tiny and little anymore. :U

Although it's not exactly large and gigantic, either.
"My existence is comprised of somebody else's delusions. It's the exact opposite of the past. How completely ironic."

-Baroquemonger

"Humans that tried to trespass on God's domain, and a god that simply appeared in the realm of humans. Which of these is more sinful?"

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Drathorin on October 14, 2009, 07:07:23 AM

We don't? I thought I did. I'm just waiting for someone to organise it...

Tezkat

Quote from: insidexml on October 23, 2009, 08:01:03 PM
All of a sudden my tiny little alliance is not so tiny and little anymore. :U

Although it's not exactly large and gigantic, either.

Heh. 3800% growth in a week is pretty good, yeah. :mowcookie

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on October 23, 2009, 09:38:16 PM
Quote from: Drathorin on October 14, 2009, 07:07:23 AM

We don't? I thought I did. I'm just waiting for someone to organise it...

Someone, huh? Do I have to everything around here? :animesweat

Alright... everyone still interested in buying/selling tech, raise your hand...

On an unrelated matter...

It seems that all is not sunshine and gumdrops in the Purple Sphere. UPN left PEACE to focus on their CDT obligations. We're having senate problems with the Stickmen bloc. Some people are seriously talking about the collapse of Poseidon, our protectors in CN. For those of us who still care about CN, that's kinda bad news. :dface

Pansy (Olympus gov and fellow Thug) has inquired if we wouldn't be interested in a redundant MDP with Olympus, just in case. Olympus is a former Pegasus alliance that upgraded to full Poseidon membership a few months back.

Sound like a good idea?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tezkat on October 29, 2009, 05:06:20 PM
Someone, huh? Do I have to everything around here? :animesweat

Yup. ;-]

... mostly because I'm seriously tapped out. :-/ I'm in, for buying, but lack the time to organise it. And am about to get much busier... :-/

Darkdragon

Quote from: Tezkat on October 29, 2009, 05:06:20 PM
Pansy (Olympus gov and fellow Thug) has inquired if we wouldn't be interested in a redundant MDP with Olympus, just in case. Olympus is a former Pegasus alliance that upgraded to full Poseidon membership a few months back.

Sound like a good idea?

Sounds like a good idea, but we really hope it shan't come to this.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, yes. I was going to post something like that. Agree with DD. Let her rip.

Keleth

Sounds like a plan to me.

If you like I could -try- to organize something. Just don't be suprised if everything ends up in flames from the sheer amount of fail XD

The alliance idea sounds good, I admit I'm not quite sure about how the senate thing really effects us personally. But then again that's why I fail at politics :3
Help! I'm gay!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Drathorin on October 31, 2009, 11:26:11 AM
The alliance idea sounds good, I admit I'm not quite sure about how the senate thing really effects us personally. But then again that's why I fail at politics :3

... they piss off all the players who are our defending big brother, and we end up being by ourselves and attacked by anyone who wanders past and is big enough to laugh at our numbers. More or less...

insidexml

Does anybody need furs and wheat? Two of my trade agreements were voided because the users were inactive for too long. :U
"My existence is comprised of somebody else's delusions. It's the exact opposite of the past. How completely ironic."

-Baroquemonger

"Humans that tried to trespass on God's domain, and a god that simply appeared in the realm of humans. Which of these is more sinful?"

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: insidexml on October 31, 2009, 01:57:37 PM
Does anybody need furs and wheat? Two of my trade agreements were voided because the users were inactive for too long. :U

... What can you make with lead and pigs? I got three do the same thing...

Tezkat

So... we have a temporary recruit (who happens to be Pansy's big bro) more or less ghosting our AA.

He'd like to get a few more 1x1 tech deals under his belt (standard $3 mil/100 tech over a month). Anyone who's interested, drop him a line. :3

As for organizing tech deals within DMFA... um... it seems to be falling apart a bit due to lack of interest. How about we just fall back on individual 1x1's with whoever wants them? ($3 million down, and 50 tech up on each of the next two cycles.)

In other news, I've given Pansy the go-ahead to write up an MDoAP with Olympus. Should have something in writing sometime soon now.

:kittycool

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tezkat on November 04, 2009, 12:24:05 PM
So... we have a temporary recruit (who happens to be Pansy's big bro) more or less ghosting our AA.

He'd like to get a few more 1x1 tech deals under his belt (standard $3 mil/100 tech over a month). Anyone who's interested, drop him a line. :3

Is he gonna show up here?

Tezkat

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 04, 2009, 12:33:13 PM
Is he gonna show up here?

Probably not... He just wanted a place to park his new nation while deciding which alliance to join. :animesweat (They offered to bribe me with tech for the privilege. :dface)

Oh, and I sent Drath some monies. :mowcookie

llearch n'n'daCorna

k. I dropped him a note, we'll see what happens.

... how much tech did they bribe you with? ;-]

Tezkat

A little more background on this whole redundant treaty signing thing...

The problems in Poseidon started when a bloc called the Stickmen moved to Purple a few months ago. They're a lulzy bunch who've been trying to goad the rest of us into a conflict ever since, which has strained relations everywhere. Some incidents over the past few weeks had Poseidon members threatening to leave. Thanks to the upcoming MDoAP with Olympus, we'll be somewhat protected in case of internal Poseidon problems. On the other hand, it also pretty much guarantees that we'll be drawn into any Purple conflict.

Currently, PEACE is gearing up for what's likely to be a long, messy war for control of the Purple Sphere. (There's also a conflict looming with C&G and other Karma remnants that might reach us either through a Stickmen war or our other treaty chains.) Based on the current state of relations, expect the shooting to break out by Christmas. Probably sooner. :dface

Mao

And here I was enjoying a quiet period of slow and steady growth.

Tezkat

Heh. CN likes to schedule its global thermonuclear wars around the long holidays when the students have free time. Christmas is the next slot on the calendar, of course. Only difference this time is that the fighting is likely to be very close to home. :dface

So... how are everyone's warchests doing? Might be a good idea to build them up as much as possible in the time we have left.

Darkdragon

I recently splurged on a wonder, so it could use some time to build up. I think I'll pass on the tech offer to rebuild my warchest in light of this development.

Tezkat

Well... remember that tech is important for war, too. Most of the combat-oriented nations are tech heavy, which gives them an advantage in battle calculations. :3

So what kinds of numbers are we talking about here? Can you guys survive 10 days of bills without collecting? 20? A month?

If not, will a little foreign aid help? :mowcookie

Mao

21 days of zero income can be survived in my current situation.  I had hoped  to get all of my schools and banks in, but given that I have about a month or so before the fit hits the shan, I'll focus on building that up a bit more.  Particularly since I won't be on vacation at that time and can't pay too close of attention to what's happening in CN beyond checking it once every day or so.

Darkdragon

I have six days' worth. My taxes per day exceed 3.2 million, but my net income per day before interest is 1.85 million so if my spending is zero, I should be able to make up a day's worth in two days of taxes. This is, of course, assuming if no trades drop and everything is stable in general.

You're welcome to send foreign aid, but I think it might be more conducive if you paid for tech. You're also welcome to do the calculations to prove me wrong.

Tezkat

Well... the problem with me buying tech for other people is that, when tech sellers open up, I'm usually using up their slots already. :animesweat

If you can find a seller, I'd happily spot you some tech, though. :mowcookie

Keleth

After a week of not purchasing any new equipment. I have 2 days worth of a warchest. I'm not sure if this Foreign Aid is for Tez's tech or not?

My net income every day is $601,000.   My net bills are $480,000.

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right or wrong really... I feel like I'm failing at cybernations.
Help! I'm gay!