The Castle (OOC) - Open

Started by Stygian, February 14, 2007, 05:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boog

Well, I'm back from camping and touristing. The camping was the same as every year, but being a tourist in california was terrifying for my inner new yorker.

I saw a pedestrian actually have the right of way.
I saw beeches that weren't covered with condoms.
I saw streets devoid of people walking while traffic was backed up for the entire city.
I saw a subway map with four lines on it.
I saw people smiling in public.

All in all, a distressing experience. But now I'm back, so let the show go on!

Angel

Good to have you back, Jeremiah! Tell me if you have seen this before: a couple with a Connecticut license plate stopping at a red light in New York and getting laughed at.
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

Boog

If they have an out of town license plate they're probably being laughed at on general principles, but yes, I've seen that sort of thing before. :rolleyes

Cogidubnus

Good to see ya back, Boogey.

Stygian

Nice to have you back, Boog! If you have any suggestions, or if you want a bigger slice of the action, please send me a message.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Boogeyman on September 03, 2007, 10:30:10 AM

... you have condom trees in NY?

(scuse the interruption, I had to ask...)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Boog

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 05, 2007, 08:21:47 AM
Quote from: Boogeyman on September 03, 2007, 10:30:10 AM

... you have condom trees in NY?

(scuse the interruption, I had to ask...)
How do you think we manage to avoid overrunning the place? With all those buildings we might as well be a subterrainian environment, and that means only so much room.

Aisha deCabre

Ah, welcome ye back, Boog.  Good to see your postings again.  :3

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on September 01, 2007, 01:44:38 PM
The Character concept was for Bam is a Fae lost roleplaying in a High tech setting (There are many High being Cities on Amber's world).  For that role, she had to lower her magic power levels to nearly zero, so that she could learn and work with high technologies. 

When I crashed near the castle and found my way inside, I found that my magical abilities were needed again, and at high level.  But now, she is wondering if she really is needed at the castle at all.   At this point, I'm think of being , more like Mab, upon my return, I will use my powers only when I'm really needed.  But that is going to be tough to gauge....

PBH

Ah, also, Bam, it shouldn't be TOO tough to re-gauge your power.  Nobody's expecting you to do a complete rewrite of your character.  Just make a list of spells or something and limit yourself to those.  Don't try to be convenient, like you're ready to solve every problem.  No good character does that.  Just because the Fae are being portrayed as super-duper-powerful, that doesn't mean every Fae character must follow through.

Just to bring to your attention also, it might be a good idea to post, and not leave Ketefe hanging while looking for you. :p
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Stygian

Both me and Mel were most confused to read your latest post, Marcone. If Ian was lost, how the Hell did he find his way back to the kitchen immediately afterward?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Is it just me who's tempted to roll up a new character, run up to the gate, bang on it, and run off, leaving a burning paper bag on the porch?

Prof B Hunnydew

There are laws against dumping babies at  people doors... Mister Box.  And does Flaming hair runs in your family?

:mowcookie
PBH

lucas marcone

Quote from: Stygian on September 06, 2007, 03:13:56 PM
Both me and Mel were most confused to read your latest post, Marcone. If Ian was lost, how the Hell did he find his way back to the kitchen immediately afterward?
thought you dropped me off there

Stygian

Quote from: lucas marcone on September 07, 2007, 09:40:17 AM
Quote from: Stygian on September 06, 2007, 03:13:56 PM
thought you dropped me off there

Not the case. Stygian said 'follow', and then went right through the castle to the entry hall, not passing the kitchen.

lucas marcone

in my defence i havent a map to look off of or any formal knowledge of the lay out. and your wording was rather vague.

Prof B Hunnydew

PBH 2.0

Name: Prof Bambi Hunnydew  aka  Bam...Bambitta
Sex Female
Race Fae Feline
Appearance:  She always wears green short summer dress made of leaves, which seem to have grown out of her own fur.  Her dress goes from her left should across her ample chest to hug her thin waist and wide hips to stop just above her mid thigh..  Her fur is a light orange with a yellow-white frontal marking from he lower face to about mid inner thigh..  A small emerald and the two antennas coming out of her royal blue wavy hair with green glowing tips are over powered by her large green eyes on feline face.   She has two green leaves on her a back, and a fluffy cat tail.  She wears eyeglass frames, she thinks they are cute.

Nature abilities:
Can change size from her normal height of 5' 5" to 5"-6".
Can fly without wings but her wing help with balance and guidance.
Can throw magical attacks which mainly are fire-type in nature but could be any element Fire, water, air, or earth ( in the future)

Special Powers or Element is Trees. She can mend any wooden material or non metal/stone type materials with difficulty.  She has no power to effect metals.
She can teleport to fae kingdom through any tree over hundred years old. And can entangle anyone in tree limbs or brush if they are in the area.  Her magic is mostly light and life magics, which she is able to heal herself quickly... But she doesn't have a very strong ability 'yet' to heal another people   

Weakness:  Bam is a cheerful spirit, and always wanting to help, but she isn't always able to get it right, or her help is over of the top, that causes more hurt than good.  She is as little flighty as your average Fae, and can be easily distracted with shines (ie magic or technologies)

Family and Association(s): Foster Father and mother Beings William and Sarah Hunnydew, Uncle Ben, and brother Jeffery.
Place of Origin: A Fae Kingdoms, the Sunshine Holt. or on Furrae; lives now near Lost Lake but was educated and taught at New Graviton City University, an advanced high tech being city for a few Co-play years

Short History:
Bam is a Fae lost roleplaying in a High tech setting (There are many High being Cities on Amber's world).  For that role, she had to lower her magic power levels to nearly zero, so that she could learn and work with high technologies.  She wish to learn why the Beings from this city was using her tree so fast.  And maybe finds way to keep everyone happy and a whole wild forest,too   Flying with a modern skycar I was flying over some unknown area in a storm, when I crashed near the castle....

Okay most of this has been used my fae already... this just defines it more (I hope)]

PBH

llearch n'n'daCorna

Prof, you -did- note that Cog is already awake, yes? Stygian isn't, but Cog is up and already fighting with the Bad Guys....

Mel Dragonkitty

Lucas, it is impossible for Ian to be in the main entrance and near the bedrooms. It is a castle, not a bungalow. The bedrooms have been established as three floors up.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

lucas marcone

he isn't, read kaeton's actions a few responces back. she showed me to my room and then slipped into a close by one to look at her shiney.

Mel Dragonkitty

If Ian is in the third floor hallway that has the bedrooms all he could see at the time of your post is Keaton standing in front of a door. Sal is inside the room and the panther and the bat are places unknown having last been seen at the main entrance. Since he knows Keaton belongs in the hallway I am unsure of who he is yelling at. The only hint of anything unusual going on is the sound of Cog snarling and some crashing about.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Aisha deCabre

Oookay, wait a minute, just to clarify, because I know next to nothing about the design of castles...don't blame me, I'm just a player.  :3

Is the third floor the only floor with bedrooms?  'Cause Ryn is somewhere on the second floor and Aish on the first.  That can easily be changed of course, but that's how I pictured it, bedrooms and guest rooms and the like kinda just scattered around...
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

lucas marcone

i thought they followed. yall are confuseing when you use your pretty boy english ya know. besides he was addressing the spider before she went into the room.

Prof B Hunnydew

Maybe It is My faulty.... the rat was dreaming on shouting Fire....I thought he was at the front door, but I found him near. his room I sent him to bed and continue to my own..

Bam knows not that Cog is awake when she senr her warnings

PBH

Stygian

I'd think that both the second and third and fourth floors have some rooms on them, though perhaps not in the same sections. Fifth floor would probably mostly be 'reserved' rooms or common ones, while the first floor is more for dining, traversing the castle, entry, storage, that sort of thing.

And we are pretty boys and girls. We use pretty, ordered, correct language.

Aisha deCabre

Okay, Bam, you might be getting a little ahead of yourself.  Nobody said anything about hidden passages.

Or gave you permission to control Gina again for that matter, I don't think.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

lucas marcone

ian isn't inconsious mel.... he's got a huge concusion and will fade into a deep sleep. but he isn't unconsious yet.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Now, now, Cogi. How rude - you check her for mindspiders, but don't show yourself as being clear? ;-]

*cough* sorry....

Stygian

Want to join in, Llearch? You've done enough lurking for us to get the point long ago.

lucas marcone

before someone cries foul to ian's knoledge, remember he saw kaeton with the spider and just watch as it attacked cog.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Stygian on September 14, 2007, 12:21:56 AM
Want to join in, Llearch? You've done enough lurking for us to get the point long ago.

I think I'll pass, just now. If nothing else, I keep track of the thread (and many others) because I'm monitoring for people being unhappy with each other. I just can't keep my mouth shut. ;-]

I'll think about it, though.

Boog

Alright, I think we need an actual visual map of the castle at this point. Jeremiah left the library to meet up with the others on the third floor, but then apparently Sal sealed it off with web? Or was that another hallway? Either way, I'm really confused as to where everything is.