11-27-2006 Independence Day

Started by Cogidubnus, November 26, 2006, 10:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anri

Quote from: ITOS on November 27, 2006, 03:01:36 PM
I wonder how this will play out in the comming confrontation between Biggs and the rescue party. Would Destania help Biggs or join Mab in trying to make everyone stop fighting so they could talk things out over a cake.

Probably Wildy will just give him an 'indepth reminder' as to what happens when he doesn't stay outta her turf. Of coruse, being a family affair, why would Destania get in the way!

thegayhare

I'm not saying he didn't know her name

I'm just saying it's not how he thinks of her... she's always mom in his mind.  I mean he did say the name seemed familer

Aridas

What is all this about old and new lives?

superluser

I'm thinking that if Destania wants to find Edward, her maiden name might not be the best one to go under.

On the other hand, if she chose something common, it might be harder to find her.

Of course, another factor is--would Biggs be more likely to hire Amelia Milquetoast or Destania, succubus of the Cyra clan, professor emerita of Pain and Terror?

Quote from: thegayhare on November 27, 2006, 05:33:41 PMThe thing that struck me was the relationship between Biggs and Destina.
It seems to fall into the mothering sort of relationship (Mom where are my shoes,  have you seem my luky red cap?)  Or the bumbling boyfreind role (honey have you seen my blue tie?) But that one doesn't seem to fit due to Alexi/ biggs marriag, plus Despite being a succubus destina doesn't seem to be the type to fool around (and as I've said I'm Sure Ed is still in the picture)

I'm not (yet) willing to say that Destania wouldn't fool around.  She's already shown a prediliction to doing things that most of us would consider at least semi-evil.

I would say that the relationship seems to be more of the Homer and Marge type (``Marge!  There's a spider near my car keys!'')

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on November 27, 2006, 07:14:10 PMWhat is all this about old and new lives?

``Destania...such a foreign name.  The name of a succubus and the name of a life that is now long since over.  I can't go back now...So I guess I start over and a new life...starting with these little hands.''

P.S.  I pity the foo that messes with Mrs. Ti...'Fiona.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Aridas

I see that now, but I don't quite see how it fits all these other things into it...

superluser

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on November 27, 2006, 08:33:13 PMI see that now, but I don't quite see how it fits all these other things into it...

Well, paternity of Dan and gory films aside, we are discussing Destania's name.  Destania is her maiden name, so presumably she changed it because it reminded her of her ``old life,'' which she had left behind.

The facts that she says as much and that Dan would not have forgotten his mother's name (bonus points for the fact that Alexsi's a stepchild, and from time to time would probably refer to Destania by name and not by title) indicate that, at least when she left, she was not going by that name.

So what did it change to?

As for why Alexsi uses Destania and not her real name, I'm trying to remember when she used it.  If she used it with Aaryana, that's because that's the name that she knew her by.  In 306, Aary's probably still around, so that makes sense.

I'm still looking, so we'll see.

Edit: Done looking.  Can't find any other places where Alexsi refers to Destania.

I did, however, notice that while Dan knows that Azlan has a wife, he doesn't necessarily know her name.

And since we've never seen Neni...

Aleolus

Quote from: Fresnor on November 26, 2006, 10:55:12 PM
And I'm the only one that thinks something looks a bit lopsided?

...If you're refering to what I think you are, it's just perspective.  She's leaning slightly, which makes one of them slightly higher than the other.

superluser

Quote from: Aleolus on November 27, 2006, 10:26:18 PM
Quote from: Fresnor on November 26, 2006, 10:55:12 PM
And I'm the only one that thinks something looks a bit lopsided?

...If you're refering to what I think you are

Huh?  I just checked the rules, and I don't think we need to be this circumspect.  The board's rated PG to Fa-Teen, and so long as we're not using crude dysphemisms, it should be OK...right?

Somewhere, Eve Ensler is crying.

Alondro

*Charles sneaks in*   Boo-behs... *sneaks out*   :mowninja
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Toast

"Say Dan, isn't that your mom right over there?"
"Very funny, Wildy."
"No! Really!"
"Huh?! MOM!?"
"Hi Danny!"

Heeeheee. Well now this explains that.
I'm REALLY behind in all this forum...ness...ness. ^^;

Madmann135

I predict a lioness 'Ninja' attack and an attempt on Biggs life in the near future.

Me personally I find it intresting that Destania is working for Biggs.  I know she's looking for her hubby but working for him and being in a way his securtary is just weird for my taste.

Not to mention Biggs should know of Dan's escapades and the fact that Alexsi is Dan's sister.

It's a shame Biggs didn't figure out who that leggy 'gal' was that knocked him through a wall... I'm sure he would attempt to stay away from the Ta'Fana family from that encounter.

Still... I wanna see Alexsi make a cemetary out of Twinx territories.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Aridas

I don't see why not. I'd figure working for the leader would be the highest "ranking" job there is in your region... at least in furrae.

ShiningShadow

I think Des has two agenda's first to find her husband and second to keep Biggs busy not knowing what Des is up to. I think everything she is doing is looking for her husband Edward hence the deception and playing secretary to Biggs. She's doing this and Biggs not knowing what part of the brain he is using today hasn't have a clue about it.

Aridas

Why would biggs care? ...... Exactly. He doesn't care.