11-13-06 Destania wears glasses?

Started by Faerie Alex, November 12, 2006, 11:12:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabi

Quote from: rt on November 12, 2006, 11:34:24 PM
Given all the mad schemes and plots in the last few comics posts the alternative gives quite a chuckle  :giggle :giggle
Indeed it does. And a sigh of relief. Dan has it bad enough as it is, he doesn't need things to get worse.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

llearch n'n'daCorna

... Yeah, right.

I give it about five minutes before all hell breaks loose. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Alan Garou

Well, it seems that I was wrong, and that Destiana has no part in the kidnapping plot. On a side note, I love the outfit. It's wise-looking and sexy at the same time. And the green brings out her eyes.

Mel Dragonkitty

My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

Cogidubnus

I thought she kinda looked like Photophie.

ITOS

This generic comment was brought to you by:

Arcalane

Quote from: Anticheese on November 12, 2006, 11:46:56 PM
That mouse reporter looks familiar...

I doubt it's Photophie. Probably just a random reporter.

~~

Quote from: Grenn on November 13, 2006, 01:15:41 AM
I think that Abel puts on the perfect Merlitz act. Just kind of sitting there with the "I hate the world, but I'm bored to death" face

:mowwink

It's not like he needs to say anything, just sit there and look vaguely important.

~~

Quote from: Madd the Sane on November 13, 2006, 02:43:41 AM
after all this, I can just see Alexi hugging Dan when she learned what he did.

Or just kinda standing there and wondering how the hell he managed.

Quote from: Madd the Sane on November 13, 2006, 02:43:41 AMAnd Dan will fall to the ground, being thrown back by his sister's hug.  Not to mention Destania probably coming to lost lake and/or finding Edward.

Less hug, more hammer, if he messed up. :P

~~

And I notice that in the last panel, Dan breaks the fourth wall. Oi vey, someone call in the construction team. :rolleyes

Zedd

I noticed one thing....She looks great in those glasses

Tapewolf

Quote from: Zedd on November 13, 2006, 12:40:35 PM

I disagree.  No-one was looking at work, so here's my first draft.  I'll do a better one in an hour or so when I get home.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Zedd

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 13, 2006, 12:42:02 PM
Quote from: Zedd on November 13, 2006, 12:40:35 PM

I disagree.  No-one was looking at work, so here's my first draft.  I'll do a better one in an hour or so when I get home.

Okay...I can say she has Dans soft face...Maybe thats why I am freaked out by Dan

superluser

Quote from: Sheridan on November 13, 2006, 11:23:34 AMAnd I notice that in the last panel, Dan breaks the fourth wall. Oi vey, someone call in the construction team. :rolleyes

No, no.  Dramatic irony would be breaking the fourth wall.  Comedic irony is not.  Comedic irony is when what you expect and what actually happens are at odds for comedic effect.  Dan knows what the reporter expects, and what he's giving her, so there's no breaking the fourth wall here.

Also, Destania is better with the glasses (but would be even better with the reporter's glasses).

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Stygian

Don't you tread on us people with glasses!

thegayhare

As some one who wears glasses  I'll have to agree She looks better with out.

I'm not sure something doesn't sit well with me. 
I think it's that Destina is working for some one like Biggs... A kidnapping manager or some sort of major domo.   It just doesn't seem right to me. 

Arcalane

Quote from: superluser on November 13, 2006, 12:49:20 PMNo, no.  Dramatic irony would be breaking the fourth wall.  Comedic irony is not.  Comedic irony is when what you expect and what actually happens are at odds for comedic effect.  Dan knows what the reporter expects, and what he's giving her, so there's no breaking the fourth wall here.

Although it could be taken as him commenting to the audience on the subject.

superluser

Quote from: Sheridan on November 13, 2006, 01:09:52 PM
Quote from: superluser on November 13, 2006, 12:49:20 PMNo, no.  Dramatic irony would be breaking the fourth wall.  Comedic irony is not.  Comedic irony is when what you expect and what actually happens are at odds for comedic effect.  Dan knows what the reporter expects, and what he's giving her, so there's no breaking the fourth wall here.

Although it could be taken as him commenting to the audience on the subject.

I think he meant it sardonically.

(Not sarcastically--sarcasm needs an external audience; the audience for the sardonic is the speaker)

Sid

Quote from: thegayhare on November 13, 2006, 01:08:15 PM
I'm not sure something doesn't sit well with me. 
I think it's that Destina is working for some one like Biggs... A kidnapping manager or some sort of major domo.   It just doesn't seem right to me. 

Agreed. She casually mentions the "kidnappings scheduled for this week", so one has to assume that she does not exactly follow the same standards Dan does.
:boogie

Manawolf

Biggs is leader of the Twinks, if anyone has forgotten, and thus his assholery most likely goes far beyond just kidnappings.  Thus working in Twink territories pretty much means you'll be working for Biggs under any circumstance.

Supercheese

Quote from: Manawolf on November 13, 2006, 01:29:54 PM
assholery

That word made me lol.

Also, nice job on the glasses editing-out, Tapewolf. I only saw a couple wayward pixels.

superluser

Quote from: Sid on November 13, 2006, 01:26:39 PMAgreed. She casually mentions the "kidnappings scheduled for this week", so one has to assume that she does not exactly follow the same standards Dan does.

On the other hand, if you wanted to find out where a long lost sweetie went, it would be difficult to beat a job where you interview people kidnapped from the four corners of the earth.

Tapewolf

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k216/tapewolf/dmfa/Vol704b.png

..rather heavier editing this time.
As for Stygian's comment about trampling people with glasses, perhaps he should look me up in the photo album  >:3

In all honesty, it's probably not so much the fact that she is wearing glasses as the fact that it's an addition.  The fact that they're horn-rimmed half-moon spectacles doesn't help either.

**EDIT**
And I agree with Gabi's assertion that it's about time Dan had something go right for a change.  I just hope he can pull the whole thing off okay.

GabrielsThoughts

but we all know that's not going to happen.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

ITOS

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on November 13, 2006, 03:30:32 PM

But it doesn't have to be Dan's fault! :dface
This generic comment was brought to you by:

Stygian

Quote from: ITOS on November 13, 2006, 03:32:19 PM
Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on November 13, 2006, 03:30:32 PM

But it doesn't have to be Dan's fault! :dface

It doesn't matter whether it's his fault or not - he always gets the brunt of the blame anyhow. And that just blows. Unless, of course, Dan gets fed up and does the Texas Chainsaw Massacre...

superluser

A thought occurs...

It wouldn't be unlike the Twink territories to post the kidnapping list publicly.

So Destania might have seen the posting for Alexsi and pulled a Kria on the real gazelle (edit: Who I hope is named Flying Thompson's Gazelle of the Yard) in order to gain admittance.

Sid

Quote from: Stygian on November 13, 2006, 03:35:44 PM
It doesn't matter whether it's his fault or not - he always gets the brunt of the blame anyhow. And that just blows. Unless, of course, Dan gets fed up and does the Texas Chainsaw Massacre...

On the other hand, he is a famous adventurer, he defeated Dark Pegasus and the Death Knights a bunch of times, risked his life in the process and is apparently competent enough to gather a whole truckload of swords. Don't make him look like some comic relief loser, because he is not. He has weaknesses and strengths, and most people assume that "giving spontaneous tours of Lost Lake while pretending to be (and looking like) his sister one or two days after returning from SAIA" falls under "potential weakness".

But do consider the situation. He has to play somebody with a completely different mindset while at the same time worrying about his sister (and the rescue party). That's a situation where MOST people would mess up, unless the questions asked are easy enough to answer with just a few braincells.
:boogie

Regal

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 13, 2006, 07:02:45 AM
Out of interest, I'll see if I can remove her glasses tonight, if I remember.

Hey, watch it. She's still a married woman you know.

Tapewolf

After being assaulted for Merlitz' decision to quit and forced to dress up as his sister against his will, that's quite possible.  If it was me, I'd go absolutely ballistic on her.

A couple of points:

* Apparently most murders are committed by family members.

* If Alexsi pushes Dan too far, he might not be able to prevent his tentacles from maiming her.  Surely she must know the danger she is putting herself in by picking on him constantly.

* Another option is to go to SAIA for a few decades, first informing his sister that he'll come back to claim the Inn as soon as she dies.  

..Not that we'll see any of these.  Far too dark for the DMFA mainline.

Stygian

Quote from: Sid on November 13, 2006, 03:46:33 PM
That's a situation where MOST people would mess up, unless the questions asked are easy enough to answer with just a few braincells.

She's his sister! He's been living with her enough that her behaviour should have set so deep that it's in his reflexes, cuz that's how close siblings affect each other! I could imitate my sister convincingly with half a brain! And it's just a tour, where the reporter has no clue at all as to who Alexsi really is or what is going on!

Don't. Just, don't.

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 13, 2006, 03:51:32 PM

After being assaulted for Merlitz' decision to quit and forced to dress up as his sister against his will, that's quite possible.  If it was me, I'd go absolutely ballistic on her.

A couple of points:

* Apparently most murders are committed by family members.

* If Alexsi pushes Dan too far, he might not be able to prevent his tentacles from maiming her.  Surely she must know the danger she is putting herself in by picking on him constantly.

* Another option is to go to SAIA for a few decades, first informing his sister that he'll come back to claim the Inn as soon as she dies. 

..Not that we'll see any of these.  Far too dark for the DMFA mainline.

I like to think that nothing is so dark or twisted that it should remain untouched. Perverted is one thing, but as long as it's just sick and evil, and not greasy and nauseating, it's all fine.

Faerie Alex

Considering the last few Abel's stories, I wouldn't say that some of those are too dark. I don't think that Alexi will die, but I can see his tentacles doing something without his meaning. He might have to wait for Abel to change him back, though. I figured that his wings/tentacles are being suppressed by the magic making him look like Alexi.
Jeez I need to update this thing.

Mel Dragonkitty

Quote from: Sid on November 13, 2006, 01:26:39 PM
Agreed. She casually mentions the "kidnappings scheduled for this week", so one has to assume that she does not exactly follow the same standards Dan does.

Well, she is the former instructor of pain and terror. Even doing better than Aeri on her reformation kidnapping probably doesn't seem that awful.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.