11-3-2006 Over the top

Started by Manawolf, November 03, 2006, 01:01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amber Williams

Quote from: Gabi on November 03, 2006, 07:38:43 PM
This still doesn't explain the "insert hand" thing. Why did she do it? And what's souvlaki?

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar, and a joke is just a joke.  I don't think anything Mab has/can do involves actual malice.

As for Souvlaki, it's delicious. :U

Zedd

Gabi if you wonder what it is....  Here ya goes...Wiki has answers for all!  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Souvlaki   Crap! I have been ninja'd by wiku worm!

ninjannihilator

What the heck is a snicker-snacker?

Manawolf

DigitalMan

*reads the Jabberwocky poem* Whoa, didn't know it was a reference :B I thought "snicker-snack" was just Mab's personal euphemism for "terrible, horrible, painful death that can't be described in a PG comic." Though I guess I wasn't too far off.

GabrielsThoughts

I believe the saying was One two ontwo sniker-snack...and there was a mention of a wobe, curse your "Through the looking glass" refrence Mrs.Williams, I havn't read it in almost ten years.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Zedd

ninjannihilator

I haven't read Alice in Wonderland or Trough the Looking glass and I don't plan to.

Netami

Quote from: Alan Garou on November 03, 2006, 09:30:07 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 03, 2006, 09:16:53 PM
Quote from: Alan Garou on November 03, 2006, 09:10:58 PM
Also, for a second there, the positioning of Mab's antennae made it look as if Pyro had a Shikon shard.

hey! Keep Polymer City Chronicles out of it! :-)

What in the world is Polymer City Chronicles? I was referencing Inuyasha. Which reminds me, Wildy's hair in the first panel looks like Inuyasha's does when he's running. Hmmm... (speculates wildly) :paranoid

Gigantic, utterly massive boobs. That's what it is. Oh the boobery.

Zedd

Well thats alittle too much boobiery that make Abel combust and side note...There will be a day where Pyro will help Abel in a way he wouldn't imagine...And another side note...The fourm is messing up!

Manawolf

WTF?  Net, you finally stop lurking to post this?  You need to learn there is such a thing as taking something too far.

Aridas

He was lurking to begin with? ever since his first few posts on that account, he's been posting sluggishly, but still not lurking entirely >.>

Netami

Quote from: Manawolf on November 03, 2006, 04:29:45 PM
WTF?  Net, you finally stop lurking to post this?  You need to learn there is such a thing as taking something too far.

Hush tard, I linked to explain what PCC was. And it's about boobs.

Sid

Quote from: DigitalMan on November 03, 2006, 02:17:49 PM
*reads the Jabberwocky poem* Whoa, didn't know it was a reference :B I thought "snicker-snack" was just Mab's personal euphemism for "terrible, horrible, painful death that can't be described in a PG comic." Though I guess I wasn't too far off.

Same here, actually. Funny how DMFA raises my levels of general knowledge every now and then :3
:boogie

thetire

"So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
    And stood awhile in thought."

hmmm... I bet that's what Mab tried to get ol' P-ducky to stick his hand into...  :kruger

on a COMPLETELY different note, this idea came to me in a dream. What if Dan is really a dragon? or, maybe half cubi, half dragon? Say if Destania came to the inn where edward was staying on that faithful night... pregnant? she then magicked him into looking only like an incubus. Maybe the union caused lots of strife to break out, sort of a romeo and juliet thingy...

think about it!

Psaakyrn

That could potentially explain why Dan hasn't gotten his clan mark yet.. but there's too many similarities between Dan and Edward to be a coincidence.

And Dan isn't exactly unknown to dragons, considering that he still owes 10 bucks to a certain red one.. but then again, said dragon happens to be absolutely absent-minded, which is not a usual dragon trait based on demonology.

And for why Mab didn't know about incubi hatred against dragon: It might be Cyra Clan/ Ti'Fiona family line specific. (The Ti'Fiona family line might have some relation to incubi/succubi, simply based on how he made up with Destinia, and it's unlikely Destinia would fall for the tricks she herself taught)
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Aridas

Quote from: Zander on November 03, 2006, 05:24:06 PM
"So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
And stood awhile in thought."

hmmm... I bet that's what Mab tried to get ol' P-ducky to stick his hand into... :kruger

on a COMPLETELY different note, this idea came to me in a dream. What if Dan is really a dragon? or, maybe half cubi, half dragon? Say if Destania came to the inn where edward was staying on that faithful night... pregnant? she then magicked him into looking only like an incubus. Maybe the union caused lots of strife to break out, sort of a romeo and juliet thingy...

think about it!
I think "no halfbreeds" might go for creature/creature halfbreeds too..

Stygian

And what about the laws against creating new races, mentioned here http://www.missmab.com/Demo/undead.php?

Boog

I still think it'd be unlikely that a dragon cubi hybrid would be created when the two species each want the other to get cancer and fall off a bridge.

On a side note, kudos to Netami's taste in webcomics.

Madmann135

I think Mab knew that PyroDuck is a dragon for a long time. 

One:  Mab is not dum she just acts dumb
Two:  Mab would have dragon on her list and probably hugged Pyro off camera (which would give a hint on how Pip became her pet)
Three:  Mab is a purple kitty riddle with a tail in the middle (been wanting to type that).

Mab is more aware that many expect and a helpful plot convience which means that Amber gives her information to make Mab more helpful . :mowtongue

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

e_voyager

i knew at "vorpal" dagger and it's been a log time for me as well. it's odd what sticks in your mind.
Quote from: Mockturtle"will you won't you will you won't you will you join the dance"
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tapewolf

Indeed, it was Charles Dodgeson's euphemism.
The poem and the storyline from it was given a strange twist by Terry Gilliam in Jabberwocky
..which is probably why I remember it.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

I sortof liked Roger Zelazny's take on it... albeit in passing...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Akisohida

And here I thought a snicker-snack was a..snicker..as a snack..Mab has a way of stopping fights, as we saw when Aary started attacking Dan, so I assumed she handed out mini snickers. Silly me ^.^ *Pokes the ebil cubi lioness goddess* People are not that edible. It takes alot of spices and herbs to get rid of the 'ick' aftertaste and that's too much preperatiion for one meal.
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Zedd

Who liked to battle the Jabberwock in the American McGee game? And I did mention Pyro has a good since of temper

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Akisohida on November 04, 2006, 08:04:07 AM
And here I thought a snicker-snack was a..snicker..as a snack..Mab has a way of stopping fights, as we saw when Aary started attacking Dan, so I assumed she handed out mini snickers. Silly me ^.^ *Pokes the ebil cubi lioness goddess* People are not that edible. It takes alot of spices and herbs to get rid of the 'ick' aftertaste and that's too much preperatiion for one meal.

That depends entirely upon what they've been eating...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

thegayhare

Ugg I couldn't stand the jabberwocky movie

Stygian

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 04, 2006, 08:38:56 AM

That depends entirely upon what they've been eating...

Hear hear. Here is a man who knows his stuff. You should never let your human eat too much salts or yeast products before you eat them. Feed them pasta, rice or potatoes. And in the case of cubi, it might be good to cover up their eyes and give them a quick kill, otherwise the emotional aftertaste might become undesirably sharp.

*goes on Iron Chef with his recipe for babies gratinée*

(I just noticed my karma levels. Holy f***! This calls for celebration!)

Alondro

*Charline just chalks it up to species preference and acquired tastes*  Meh, some people like eating beetles.   :rolleyes
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Manawolf