Ask the All Purpose Fox, Try!

Started by xHaZxMaTx, October 09, 2006, 08:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aridas

Isn't it not actually cheating if the question was in response to something that was directed at me or a group of people i'm included in who must answer the question?

Tiger_T

*consults the extended secret rulebook*

Aah, here we go.
According to ยง3.14 pg. 159f you're being a smart alec and thereby trigger a random response.

>:3 That or I don't care this one time.

BTW:
Noone must answer questions.  :mowtongue
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Aridas

If nobody could answer questions, this topic couldn't exist.

Tiger_T

Argh! *facepaws*
Sorry, that's my german showing through.
What I meant to say was that noone has to answer any questions. :rolleyes
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Aridas

Oh, sorry about that. The way you said it before was alright too, but I took it out of context since I don't actually ever see people speak that way these days.

llearch n'n'daCorna

"No-one must answer questions" and "Everyone must not answer questions" are two different sentences.

The former simply avoids the necessity to answer, the latter implies the necessity to not answer.

*cough*

Ah.. how many languages do you know, Tiger_T? Just German and English?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Castle Pokemetroid

How many mows are there in lost lake?

Whould mab count as one?

Tapewolf

What are the actual improvements in the new Hammond-Suzuki XM-2 over the earlier XM-1?  (Apart from the fact that the XM-2 is in production and the XM-1 was discontinued a few years ago)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Tiger_T

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 12, 2007, 03:22:33 AM
"No-one must answer questions" and "Everyone must not answer questions" are two different sentences.

The former simply avoids the necessity to answer, the latter implies the necessity to not answer.

*cough*

Ah.. how many languages do you know, Tiger_T? Just German and English?
*perks a brow, looking at Llearch*
I see. So you already escaped, hm? We'll have to get better locks next time. *makes a note*

Well, you are right with that, yeah.

*throws some chough drops into him*
Get well soon!

I know many  languages. Allas I can speak and write only  those two of them. :rolleyes

Quote from: Castle Pokemetroid on January 12, 2007, 03:26:08 AM
How many mows are there in lost lake?

Whould mab count as one?
Too many.
No.

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 12, 2007, 10:50:38 AM
What are the actual improvements in the new Hammond-Suzuki XM-2 over the earlier XM-1?  (Apart from the fact that the XM-2 is in production and the XM-1 was discontinued a few years ago)
I'm sure it sells more expensive.
What? It's an improvement for the people producing them.
Tigriel's got a guest:

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yay, chough drops! Just what I always wanted! :-)

... Have I congratulated you upon your new avatar yet?

Gabi

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Caswin

Me being unable to find Slipdance, is there anyone else who can help me put together a fictional FAQ for a DMFA fighting game?
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Damaris

To answer e_voyager's question, it changes.  I'm relatively certain of this because he has over four hundred different IPs associated with his account.  However, as Llearch correctly answered, each post is registered with the particular IP address, which does not change.

And that, Gabi, is the qualification.  When you cand look at the logs and tell him that, you can answer forum related questions.

Thank you, Azlan, for the wonderfully thought out and worded reply.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Arcalane

Quote from: Caswin on January 12, 2007, 10:51:40 PM
Me being unable to find Slipdance, is there anyone else who can help me put together a fictional FAQ for a DMFA fighting game?

Finding that guy is going to be like finding a needle in a stack of bodies, to pardon the expression. I haven't seen him for some time. Some time being a considerably long time, even.

~~

As for a question... well, which is better - Wikipedia, or Uncyclopedia?

Gabi

Caswin: I think you may be able to find the help you're looking for if you make a post outside this topic.

Sheridan: they're both good, they fulfill different purposes. And you KNOW you shouldn't have answered that question. You did ask a question, but that doesn't negate your answer. Next time I see you in the chat, I will greet you.

Note to others: I'm aware that what I said to Sheri probably won't make sense to anyone else, sorry.

Oh, and an important note:

Azlan

Please do not ask forum related questions here, it breaks the intent of the thread because an non-APF has to answer it.  If a non-APF answers there is normally comical repercussions, but the staff take very poorly to anyone "disciplining them" and become very cross with it.  We operate and post here under their good graces, the only freedoms you possess are the freedom to obey the rules, freedom to leave the forum and the freedom to express yourself under the guidelines within the rules.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

llearch n'n'daCorna

May we ask forum related ques.... oh.

Uh...

Does anyone know where Ink is hiding? He's been online a bit, but isn't apparently checking this thread - is he checking it and not saying anything, or what? Does anyone (other than Ink himself, obviously) know?

Caswin

Quote from: Azlan on January 13, 2007, 09:40:39 PM
Please do not ask forum related questions here
Ah, my mistake.  Was that rule there before?  I don't remember it being there before.

EDIT: And I just realized that's a forum-related question.  Um. :mowdizzy
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Aridas

Could any APF help me find my lost cause? It's gotta be around here somewhere...

ShadesFox

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 13, 2007, 09:48:31 PM
May we ask forum related ques.... oh.

Uh...

Does anyone know where Ink is hiding? He's been online a bit, but isn't apparently checking this thread - is he checking it and not saying anything, or what? Does anyone (other than Ink himself, obviously) know?

You know, I've always wondered about people who come to the games forum to ask questions about the forum to someone who is well known for setting people on fire.

Odds are he is still hiding in the Philippines.  And no, no one really knows what Ink is thinking.  Sometimes this includes Ink him self.

Quote from: Caswin on January 13, 2007, 09:49:12 PM
Ah, my mistake.  Was that rule there before?  I don't remember it being there before.

It is there now!  And now, about that burnination.

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on January 13, 2007, 10:05:41 PM
Could any APF help me find my lost cause? It's gotta be around here somewhere...

Maybe you never had a cause in the first place?  Just a thought <_<
The All Purpose Fox

Zedd

What did people do before internet??
Will you give me a page that shows all the timezones?
If the net meme is push button reseve bacon..What does flick switch do?

e_voyager

sorry i thought i was asking a general Tech question.

How many APF's are mods? (i don't know the number but i think that atleast one would be)
do you Tivo?
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Roureem Egas

Quote from: Zedd on January 13, 2007, 11:47:58 PM
What did people do before internet??
Will you give me a page that shows all the timezones?
If the net meme is push button reseve bacon..What does flick switch do?

TV is my guess. Oh, and the radio.

No.

Celestial Burial Lotus.

Quote from: e_voyager on January 14, 2007, 12:28:22 AM
sorry i thought i was asking a general Tech question.

How many APF's are mods? (i don't know the number but i think that atleast one would be)
do you Tivo?

None of the APF team are mods as well. Does that make sense the way I phrased that?

Don't have it.

Magic

Quote from: ShadesFox on January 13, 2007, 11:06:27 PM

Quote from: Caswin on January 13, 2007, 09:49:12 PM

It is there now!  And now, about that burnination.

Good news! I'm back.

* The fox doctor promptly forcefeeds Caswin with unhealthy amounts of sugar in order to cause a severe case of diabetes which will eventually cause retinopathy, neuropathy, nephropathy, ketoacidosis, hypoglycemia and consequently amputation of limbs due to them rotting out from infections.

True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Aridas

uh, at least that tastes good, right?

Tiger_T

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on January 14, 2007, 07:50:08 AM
uh, at least that tastes good, right?
The implication of something 'tasting good' is subjective.
e.g.:One might say fish tastes good while others may hate its taste.
Tigriel's got a guest:

Caswin

CAN I HAVE A SHOT OF ADRENALINE PLEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSE?

*GASP* :U

...is that Christopher Walken? *Falls over, twitching*
Yap yap.

Gabi

It looks like you already have enough.

No, it's not.

Alan Garou

Who is Christopher Walkin?
Who is Michael Ellis?
Why is my Aussie Shepherd jabbing me with his nose?

Gabi

This guy. Warning: noisy and a bit creepy IMO.
A CBS Big Brother 5 contestant. Note that I don't watch BB nor any of its variants, nor do I intend to. Check this link.
He wants your attention.