10/16/06 The Anti-Hotness...

Started by VioletDusk, October 15, 2006, 11:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Garou

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on October 16, 2006, 05:05:31 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on October 16, 2006, 10:05:28 AM
And to all those nay-sayers who said that Abel wasn't good enough a mage to pull it off.. :raspberry

Yes, but changing Danielle back might be harder. Abel need only perform a slight magical miscalculation and *bamf*...I'm not exactly sure what the BAMF will do, but I'm sure someone will think it up.
Simple. That *Bamf!* will restore Dan's individual traits such as his brown hair and wings, while leaving him completely female. At least, that's what I'm hoping/suspecting from Amber's input to previous topics. All in favor, post Aye!

Tapewolf

Quote from: GabrielsThoughts on October 16, 2006, 05:05:31 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on October 16, 2006, 10:05:28 AM
And to all those nay-sayers who said that Abel wasn't good enough a mage to pull it off.. :raspberry

Yes, but changing Danielle back might be harder. Abel need only perform a slight magical miscalculation and *bamf*...I'm not exactly sure what the BAMF will do, but I'm sure someone will think it up.

Indeed.  I am thinking he might be stuck as Danielle for a while.  I don't like the idea, but it's a distinct possibility...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

e_voyager

nah i dobut it and if you remember Dan has almost always had a ponytail much like younger Abel
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Miaka

Quote from: Taross on October 16, 2006, 02:07:23 AM
I'm thinking there's many little hilarious acts in the future.

You know, where a guys mannerisms just look plain WRONG on a woman wearing a dress, like sitting on a chair with your legs spread... belching... etc.
'ey now, 'ey now.
I act waay too much like a guy. Even if I'm wearing a dress.
Not so much the leg-spread on chair bit if the skirt's any shorter than my knees. but I usually wear pants so is doesn't matter. I also shouldn't be used as a comparison to most women.

so I'll shut up now.

Mel Dragonkitty

With girls growing up in jeans and sneakers a lot of girls don't know the "girly" movements. I work at a college and at the end of every year it is REALLY obvious which girls are wearing skirts and heels for the first time to go to job interviews.  At least Dan has practiced wearing heels so he won't have the dreaded "sneaker stomp" that gives us the giggles every year.

Being evil I particularly enjoy the "sneaker stomp" in a bride all dressed up for her wedding.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

GabrielsThoughts

The first time I wore flip flops was hard to manage, I can only imagine the dificulty of wearing high heels. Danielle however seems to have an intimate knowledge of wearing high heels.
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

King Of Hearts

willow186129

I don't really wear skirts, dresses, or heels too much, but it always feels natural when I do wear them. I love my heels. *hugs them* I don't understand why people say they're hard to run in...

I guess I can understand if you've NEVER worn heels or a dress before and then you just kinda wear one one day... XD That's something I would catch on video and show it to them later in life.

But that's not a problem for Dan/Danielle, is it? Having "trained" in heels before and worn dresses on several occasions. X3 Oh! New emoticon!  :ipod

Zedd

I wore dress and high heels before...My feet hurted

Cogidubnus

Was there ever an explanation to what, exactly, Dan was training for with said high heels?

xHaZxMaTx

Zedd

Balance is the key to keep him upright!

Amber Williams

Quote from: Hilary on October 16, 2006, 12:01:45 AMRandom question: If a pregnant girl got total gender-swap, what happens to the kid? Does it just magically reappear when she gets the transformation reversed, or does it disappear forever? Or does it stay inside her male self, wherever that would be...?

Having a total gender-swap, even magical, has many processes similar to how our society handles a sex-change.  Granted in the magical case its a lot more extreme, but same basic rules apply.  A creature or being would go through counseling and talk with doctors for a few months beforehand to make sure they are psychologically prepared for such a thing.  Before the actual spell and swap there would be some major medical tests to make sure the patient is in a proper physical state.   If a pregnancy was discovered to be taking place, the procedure would be put on hold.

Having a total gender transformation is serious business and is already a very risky spell to begin with.  It isn't a "oh look I'm suddenly a dude now! Lol!" type of spell.  Trying to do it with such a complicating factor upsets an already delicate balance and cause the death of both patient and unborn fetus. (and even a risk of killing the spellcaster)  No sane or legitimate practictioner of such an art would take such a risk.

It should be noted that those who undergo such a treatment are screened because the magics used require practically a full genetic flip-flop.  It's a long process, complex, and dangerous.  There is a 25% mortality rate on the normal rate.  Attempting to reverse  or "change someone back" jumps that mortality rate up to 95%.

So to answer the question, there has been no case in Furrae of a pregnant girl doing a magical total gender swap and surviving the process. 

[edited for typos]

xHaZxMaTx

You've thought about this, haven't you?

Zedd

Well Amber is a pure genuis at times

Saist

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on October 17, 2006, 02:20:18 AM

you'd get the feeling that she has had to think about this because of the rampant speculation that has gone on before hand with other story archs.

Probably has, and I wish there was something I could do to ease the pain of having to think up of every concievable angle and have an argument or explanation ready to shut that down. But, like what happened in the flashback sequence when Dan called the rock into his mouth instead of his hand, some people just will simple go as far out as they can on the wacked out theories and force the author to change the comic strip in order to clarify what happened or how it happened.

I think that's unfortunant, and I wish that a lot of Amber's readers would just have some common sense, but that doesn't happen. So you get posts where everything is spelled out and all other wacked out therories have to be shut down.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I, personally, preferred the original. Which I still have, sitting in a corner here somewhere. It left the whole question up in the air for, oh, another 20 odd strips or more.

In my opinion (which doesn't matter, as it's Amber's opinion that matters, k? :-) that left a lot more room for speculation. And the speculation is what's fun, right? right? :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on October 17, 2006, 02:20:18 AM

That's why I love DMFA so much.

DigitalMan

There's one really good reason to use technology for all one's shapeshifting needs...

And she definitely thought that one through, like, a lot, otherwise she'd evade the question completely  :P

*wonders what happened with the flashback sequence, decides not to even ask*

ShiningShadow

Okay that explains things and put things in perspective. Thanks Amber for the explaination I knew you have thought things out very, very carefully before you even draw that pencil line for the strip I applaud you for you taking the extra steps and time to make DMFA as it is right now A FREAKING AWESOME COMIC!!!!!!!. But I can't wait for the comedy to ensue and make all of us pee in our pants.................

thegayhare

The title reminds me of those recent drug PSA's

I can see dan standing at the end of a comercial,  "Sisters thats my anti-hotness)  though it could also be Jyrras's lline too

wait one sec
Quote from: Amber Panyko on October 17, 2006, 02:18:20 AM

It should be noted that those who undergo such a treatment are screened because the magics used require practically a full genetic flip-flop.  It's a long process, complex, and dangerous.  There is a 25% mortality rate on the normal rate.  Attempting to reverse  or "change someone back" jumps that mortality rate up to 95%.

did I miss something earlier or does this mean Dan's gonna be stuck like this for a while?

Tapewolf

Quote from: thegayhare on October 17, 2006, 10:38:01 AM

Quote from: Amber Panyko on October 17, 2006, 02:18:20 AM

did I miss something earlier or does this mean Dan's gonna be stuck like this for a while?

I don't think Abel has done the full gig.  It's more likely a part-way thing, i.e. Dan can't actually get pregnant.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: thegayhare on October 17, 2006, 10:38:01 AM

Newp. We just need Wildy and Azlan, and we'd have that mortality thing sorted. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Madmann135

I know from personal experience that walking in high heal shoes requires a balance of sorts (bet with siblings).  Not to mention that sword fighting requires good balance because your shifting your weight all around with each move in order to maximize your attacking strength.  Utilizing high heal shoes while practicing for combat is in a way genius (probably a first for Dan, being called a genius). 

I have a few swords at home, practice and real combat, and practicing with them is an art of it's own.  Some people use unique techniques in order to maximize their training.  Training weights, training weapons that are heavier than their real ones, shoes that imbalance you.

Now for Dan and the "anti-hotness."
Getting asked if your sister is attractive and asked about your sister's hotness is very uncomfortable.  I would NOT be able to imagine what Dan's going through though I must admit Dan and Alexis tend to act quite similar but Alexis is more mature.  Someone pisses them off and that person gets it, be it from Alex's hammer or Dan's large collection of swords (I'm jealous of Dan, he's got all those swords and I only have 7).

Alexis in all aspects is an amazon, she knows how to fight, her mom was an amazon and Alexis uses her combat skills almost every day at the bar, she doesn't need a bouncer but it helps out, 4 fist are better than 2.  Alexi ad Dan both have short tempers, tough Dan's is quite shorter and more violent.  Alexis is just more scary but a tad less violent.

So in all aspects Dan is the ONLY one that will be able to play Alexis while the people are there critiquing Lost Lake.  Though he will have to find a hammer (a mace works fine). 

Though I agree with Abel... When Dan's angry Alexis is ugly but she's also scary.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Prof B Hunnydew

True Genderbending should be hard to do and easy to reverse, as a general rule.  That Amber does think about this stuff and all the rules of her world, is a sign of what a good Artist/author she is.  AS a Goddess should.

*hands out buttons "Reelect Amber for Goddess of Cute" *

Dan in High kneels....Dan does Practice in HIS high kneel slippers. for training you know

:mowcookie
PBH

ShiningShadow

It's true about the heels for the Balance in weapons offense and defense. I read some where else in a comic I think its a Marvel title called The Punisher him his traing to be fluid and avoid to be grabbed is that he has a special room with a dummy at the end of the room but the room floor is covered with axel grease. The reasoning  on the execrsise is to stay on balance and attack the dummy on the other side of the room. I saw that on the those special mags about the Punisher weapons and traing techniques. Don't mind me I'm just rambling................

Cogidubnus

Meh. The worlds best combat training simulator is still DDR. :mowdan

Grenn

For all the reasons Amber gave, and more, I'm pretty well convinced that Dan simply got a bewb job, hair style change, a facial mass adjustment, and a mid-body mass adjustment to pull off the Alexi look.

I'll bet that genetically and physically (you know what I mean :rolleyes) he's still Dan. Abel probably just had to "manually" shapeshift a few parts of Dan's body since Dan couldn't do it on his own.

The full genetic option wouldn't be worth it for this, since nobody's going to see more of Dan then they are right now during the tour, and it is meant to be temporary. Doing a full swap would be dangerous as Amber has said, and pointless for this scenerio.

So Dan's still all man, just had his body reshaped a bit by Abel's magic skills. Abel didn't have to have the skills to pull off a full gender swap spell. He just has to have the skills to alter body features, which in 300 years of training, I would think he could have.

Of course.... I could very well have just said what a lot of us were thinking or alluding to over the last few pages.....

I'll go now :D  :mowcookie

Zedd

In short terms...Dan is fudged for now and soon he might feel worse if others find out

Grenn