Congratulations, RJ and BillBuckner!

Started by Damaris, October 11, 2006, 10:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damaris

As Amber, Darkmoon, and I enjoy the ritual known as sleep on occasion, and with the departure of two of CMF's moderators, we decided that some new mods were in order.

After an exhaustive process of nominations (the waitress at IHOP was getting pretty mad at how long we were taking) and interviews, we would like to congratulate RJ and BillBuckner on their promotion!

Thankfully, we did have several very good candidates, and we appreciate the time of everyone who participated.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

xHaZxMaTx

Kasarn

Boog

Great, now I have to suck up to them too. Congrats you guys!

Anara

Congrats guys. You're going to have your hands full keeping this lot in order :P

Supercheese

Roureem Egas

Quote from: Supercheese on October 11, 2006, 11:18:09 PM
Noes... muffins o' DOOM...  D:

Now with 10% more devastation. :>

Congrats, you two. I'm sure it was a great choice in the admins' part.

Aridas

I can see RJ, but why bill >.>

And what is this about "everyone who participated"? I wasn't aware there was anything to participate in until now.

Anara

Soooo, RJ, fellow australians get special privaleges right? ;)

Jim Halisstrad

Sweet, new mods to annoy :3
*Dances*

Nah, seriously though congrats.  Enjoy the new responsability ;)

xHaZxMaTx

Quote from: Aridas Soulfire on October 11, 2006, 11:43:25 PM

And what is this about "everyone who participated"? I wasn't aware there was anything to participate in until now.
No offense, but I don't think you would've been a candidate.

insanekaosx

Saist

Snuggles For Miss RJ!

and um... I guess some catnip brownies for Bill...

Kitome Feathertail

Hazzah, more power to them...literally...yeah anyways, congratz

Damaris

We had several candidates that we interviewed.

And of course most of you didn't know that it was going on.  We didn't want mass forum campaigning ;)

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Amber Williams

For a bit of clear up, the admins and I debated a bit on potential candidates for modship based on their general forum ettiquite, online times, business, etc.  As obviously the most qualified are also the last to nominate themselves, and opening up nominations is just asking for stupid.

Both RJ and Bill have shown to be polite and levelheaded posters and capable of not being biased or letting personal feelings get in the way of possble situations.  Being a mod isn't a popularity contest or us giving special favours to friends.

Damaris

ie. We figure they're a good counterpoint to Darkmoon ;)

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Aridas

Quote from: ×HaZ×MaT× on October 11, 2006, 11:46:30 PM

No offense, but I don't think you would've been a candidate.
What the hell is that supposed to mean?

And as far as participation, I thought a sort of vote would have been cast, or one of those "rate this person's qualities" things. Something that the forum as a whole could agree on.

As for bill, since he doesn't have any handheld-stealth-nukes, so he hardly seems fitting for the job. Unless RJ shares.

Amber Williams

Like I said, being a mod is not a popularity contest, and allowing users to "vote" for mods would A) be degrading to the candidates and B)end up with people voting because they like a particular person or dont want to hurt their feelings...not because they feel they'll do a good job.   Being a mod isn't about how well-known you are so much as how good you can do a job...and that doesn't require an election so much as an interview from the company hiring.

DigitalMan

That's because people like you and me are not moderator material.

Have the new mods received their honorary monogrammed Ban Cannons yet? And most importantly, do they like me? >.>

Aridas

Quote from: DigitalMan on October 12, 2006, 02:12:55 AM

That's because people like you and me are not moderator material.

Have the new mods received their honorary monogrammed Ban Cannons yet? And most importantly, do they like me? >.>
Why the hell do people keep bringing up stuff about other people being moderator material? (though, most people have yet to see that side of me anyway) This is about the post not being clear, and me thinking there was some kind of secret election going on behind my back. But apparently since there was no voting, my question's been answered, and it's clear that "participation" meant the interviews and such. Sometimes the possibility of something being can change the meaning of something. in this case, since I assumed it was an election, since there was talk of candidates and things, I had to ask. There wasn't any harm, except for people who keep bugging me after I already responded to someone telling me the same thing. So sklj.

DigitalMan

Well to be fair I said "you and me" :P I know I should not be given power. Ever. Period. I'm not even sure why, it just seems like asking for trouble...

These guys, however, seem like they'll do a fine job.

Paladin Sheppard

Congrats RJ *hugs* and Bill I'm sure you guys'll do a great job!

Zedd

Grats guys...You both deseve this credit muchly

RJ

Submit to my will. Or you will face my wrath.

Haha, I'm joking ^_^ I'm really honoured by this! I hope that I can serve you guys as well as a mod as I do as a friend! I'll try my best!

:rj

*hands out muffins to all*

Tapewolf

Congratulations to the both of you on your accession :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

James StarRunner

Hmm? I wasn't aware that we needed any more mods. I'm kinda glad I wasn't asked though... The forum is a nice place to visit, but likely not to babysit. Plus, I'm already behind in most of my projects.

edit: Oh ya, and congrats RJ and Bill! Don't let the crazy antics of the forumites make you go nuts!

LionHeart

Congrats to you both.

Quote from: Anara on October 11, 2006, 11:44:05 PM
Soooo, RJ, fellow australians get special privileges right? ;)

It's a nice idea...;)

Quote from: James StarRunner on October 12, 2006, 04:58:31 AM
... congrats RJ and Bill! Don't let the crazy antics of the forumites make you go nuts!

After this long, I'd say it's highly unlikely they'll go nuts if they haven't already... ;)
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

RJ

Quote from: Anara on October 11, 2006, 11:44:05 PM
Soooo, RJ, fellow australians get special privaleges right? ;)

:rj You get an extra muffin basket.