2022-06-15 [INAT 60] He is Not a Trickster

Started by Tapewolf, June 15, 2022, 11:08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Well, this just got weird.  Shapeshifters don't cover their markings up because there's a risk it will annoy Jake and he'll come and kill them.  And Alix has not covered their markings.

However, successfully pledging faith to Ceraph to the point that you can zap people with lightning sounds pretty much off the cards for a shapeshifter given how stupid and petty Ceraph is, and if they went with it anyway to annoy Jake, I'd have thought that covering up the markings would be a non-issue.

It'll be interesting to see how this is resolved.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Merlin

it's a very strong taboo that's been around longer than jake's been the patron god of shapeshifters. i don't think it's ever been that jake would kill them for it, he mostly doesn't care about doing his duty as a patron god at all.

the reason why you shouldn't do it differs depending on who's telling it but usually it means you lose all your shapeshifting powers and even if they don't love being identified as a shapeshifter, shapeshifters love shapeshifting, it'd be like cutting off a vital body part

has anybody recently had anything bad happen from covering it? oh, probably. gods are dicks

edit: being that nothing is properly canon until it gets into a comic, maybe I should do a MotO issue explaining it properly :V

Tapewolf

Also on the site it mentions that the shop has probably been seized.

As with most such situations, that's ultimately pointles.  Every time this happens, such as when productive farms are seized from undesirables, the property soon becomes worthless because they disposed of the people who actually made it productive.

It'd be interesting to see how the elementalists spin this since all they've managed to do is deprive people of a valuable service, and annoy Jude - i.e. there probably won't be a replacement service within their lifetimes.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Merlin

Jude doesn't like to interfere, but yeah no other followers of his would be particularly eager to step in to that role when the previous owner got done because people like to suspect Jude followers are tricksters.

Probably the temple would just flog off any valuables and not do any actual work with it.

Lying Foo

Hang on, they died out when Jake fell?  Wasn't that a few hundred years before the worldsplit?  But no one in those days blinks at a shapeshifter, and none of the caravan comment on the introduction of one.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.