9/26/06 Suckerpunch!

Started by Zedd, September 26, 2006, 09:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gildedtongue

Hmmm, wonder if Abel realizes that the only bloodless way to kill someone involves fire... and methinks a dragon by the name of Pyroduck might be just a little flame retardant.  Just a bit.

Hilary

Quote from: BillBuckner on September 26, 2006, 09:39:10 PM
He's throwing a crate at him? What does this give DMFA on the STC scale? (Please tell me someone's heard of the STC scale)
Hmm. That would be StC: 686 comics. Though there is some boxage in panel two of comic 230... Does that count?

Toric

Seems Abel's a firm advocate of the saying "The only dragon you can trust is a dead dragon."

Again, still no friggin' idea what Abel has against dragons. Oh well, let the speculations continue.
"Cid was killed by a dragon-kicked crate"
"The dragon race decided one day it'd be fun to pack all the Cubi into boxes and ship them to Abu-Dhabi"
"The Cubi with their powers of disguise are essentially ninjas, and the money-loving dragons are in fact pirates. You do the math."
Yap by Silver.

Aridas

It's a racial thing, remember? Probably deep running, too.

e_voyager

and here i was thinking it was personal. go fig
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Zedd on September 26, 2006, 09:25:35 PM
Oohh Abel....Naughty boy should never punch a dragon  >:3
Unless you're sure the dragon is going to STAY down.  :mowwink
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Sienna Maiu - M T

e_voyager

i'm just confused. what is able so out to get him? it'sa not something i understand
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Zedd

Im sure all will be reveled soon or later

Manawolf

e_voyager

now now manna don't ber hateful.

Manawolf

He lost points from whacking someone from behind, not being able to hold down his lunch, and actually bragging about looking good in a skirt.

"Without my power ring I'm superpowerless--Except from the waist down."

Nobody likes a braggart, unless you can actually back up the claim.  That's why they're called bragging rights.

thegayhare

Quote from: Manawolf on September 27, 2006, 12:11:11 AM
He lost points from whacking someone from behind, not being able to hold down his lunch, and actually bragging about looking good in a skirt.

"Without my power ring I'm superpowerless--Except from the waist down."

Nobody likes a braggart, unless you can actually back up the claim.  That's why they're called bragging rights.

But he does look good in a skirt,
it's a legitimate medical condition you can't fault him for that.  thats like if he had the flu and blaming him for not being able to keep food down

Eibborn

Quote from: Manawolf on September 26, 2006, 11:52:49 PM
Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on September 26, 2006, 11:35:37 PM
Abel-respect declining...

He had respect to decline from?
Certainly. Or at least, as much as a fictional character can have respect.
I'm still uncertain how my opinions of him have been changed by this comic. It's the smart thing to do, getting a sucker punch in like that. On the other hand, doing so to a friend of a friend is less than intelligent.
If my opinion of anyone has gone down, it's Pyroduck. "Sure it'll build trust :B :B :B duhurr"
/kicks the internet over

Anticheese

As a matter of fact, this is actually how cats show trust in the real world - If a cat keeps staring at you it's not because (s)he likes you.

Kasarn

I don't think Pyroduck is actually going to be hurt by Abel.
The humanoid form is just awkward and poorly balanced... that's all... really... >_>

komissarmakarov

I somewhat agree with the opinions that Abel shouldn't have suckerpunched Pyro, but from Abel's standpoint, it may have been the only option he had- after all, it's clear that his hatred for Pyro goes beyond racism all the way through visceral 'fight or die' fear, and if your opponent is a dragon... well, you'd need every chance you can get :mowninja

King Of Hearts

Right now, I wouldnt trust anyone as far as I can punt them... not until the dust clears.

Manawolf

Trying to catch your opponent willing flat footed is a low trick, and trust, if the opponent is someone who's bound to come back in force, you're better off not trying it.  Even I know that violence doesn't have to be the only way.

komissarmakarov

Quote from: Manawolf on September 27, 2006, 01:16:49 AM
Trying to catch your opponent willing flat footed is a low trick, and trust, if the opponent is someone who's bound to come back in force, you're better off not trying it.

I'm not saying it was justified, but maybe Abel does not share that restraint. Or maybe he thought he was hosed if he didn't act immediately- and with force.

TheAuldGrump

Dan: Pyroduck, where's Abel?
Pyroduck (mouth full): I uh oh (swallows) I saw him a few seconds ago.

The Auld Grump

Grenn

I donno, I still read this as they didn't know each other personally before this one day.

I read all of this as a MAJOR hatred between the Cubi and Dragon races that has spanned millenia.

Why is Abel so bent on hating Pyroduck? Because he's a Dragon. When you're 300 years old and have probably been tought that Dragons are your enemy, or at least not to be trusted, and have heard stories about evil dragons for all of your 300 year old life, you are going to hate them a lot.

So, I really really believe Abel hates Pyro only because he is a Dragon. Granted, he just met him, but it's very possible that he just has an enormous hatred of the entire species and is taking it out on Pyro, the first dragon he has happened to see in a while.

Of course, he could have had a bad experiance with dragons in the past. Not necessarily Pyro, but a bad experiance earlier in life that makes him hate Dragons even more.

Manawolf

Quote from: Komissar Makarov on September 27, 2006, 01:32:14 AM
Quote from: Manawolf on September 27, 2006, 01:16:49 AM
Trying to catch your opponent willing flat footed is a low trick, and trust, if the opponent is someone who's bound to come back in force, you're better off not trying it.

I'm not saying it was justified, but maybe Abel does not share that restraint. Or maybe he thought he was hosed if he didn't act immediately- and with force.

The future is uncertain to everyone (except the author).  While one may see doom from their opponent, they must either accept this fact, or wait to actually see if it comes about.  The fact Pyro didn't just bother to squash Abel is something the cubi upstart should have mulled over a little more.

xHaZxMaTx

Well you don't know if the person standing in front of you is going to offer you a drink, or squash you like a bug, common sense and logic can be a little lacking.

Zedd

Hmmm..I do hope all will settle

Grenn

Right from Demo. 101

"Those that even bother to associate with other races are usually doing it for their own benefit and it isn't uncommon to hear of how a dragon double-crossed a powerful demon or cubi in order to further its own means."

Totally had to happen to Abel at some point with another Dragon, or to one of his close friends. ;)

llearch n'n'daCorna

All I know is, it's gonna be fun watching the dust clear. :-)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Abel's earlier line implied that Aary would have done the same (or worse)
"She'd never have let a dragon near Dan..."

I must say I'm surprised to see Abel like this - I can't work out whether it's hate or terror that's motivating him, but I think it might be a combination of the two.
Somehow they're going to have to sort out some kind of truce for the story to continue..

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Arcalane

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on September 26, 2006, 11:35:37 PM
Abel-respect declining...

Abel-respect rising[/i]  :P

also; it's 27/9/06 or 9/27/06 (AS IT SAYS IN THE WEBSITE TITLE BAR), you crazy backwards Americans.

Jeez, catch up with the rest of the world already. Hovercars just went out of date!

e_voyager

i still want to know what as for manam points? well he didn't attack him from behind but he did ask him to close his eyes. i don't care about the rest of his bragging.