9-23-06/ Abel's Story

Started by willow186129, September 23, 2006, 12:16:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boog

That's true; it could just be because he doesn't like blood. Or at least doesn't like to see blood going out in public. Can't think of many people who do, really.

ShiningShadow

Well let me tell you this when my mother was pregnant with me they injected a experimental serum for TB till the day I day I die every time I take a TB test it always come out positive. Then they take a chest x-ray and *viola* negative. All because of that serum I carried the TB in my body............. :mowsad :mowsad :mowsad

Weleho Rogan

back when I was in elementray school, there was this girl who fainted 'coz one of my classmates got his knee opened big time when we were playing football. Don't know which got everyone freaked out more, girl fainting or guy having a knee with a flowing cut in it  :P

But that's prolly why I decided to get as much info on first aid as possible, even if I was only 7 years old  :)

James StarRunner

Quote from: ShiningShadow on September 23, 2006, 06:23:57 PM
Well let me tell you this when my mother was pregnant with me they injected a experimental serum for TB till the day I day I die every time I take a TB test it always come out positive. Then they take a chest x-ray and *viola* negative. All because of that serum I carried the TB in my body............. :mowsad :mowsad :mowsad
I assume that you're talking to me. That sucks with the TB confusion. Everyone has their problems.

Arcalane

Quote from: Rowne on September 23, 2006, 06:13:36 PMAs for heights ... I'm actually absolutely terrified of heights but for some reason, I love it.  I'll get dizzy, I'll almost pass out and then I'll find myself asking; Can we do it again?!?  :D  This is further proof I suppose that I have little to nothing in the way of survival instincts.

Much like the flashback time where Dan and Jyrras fly/glide/jump off a cliff and land in the bushes with a few scratches? ;)

willow186129

Quote from: James StarRunner on September 23, 2006, 06:03:04 PM
Quote from: Amber Panyko on September 23, 2006, 01:16:07 PM
I have a wonderful friend...who has had a phobia of needles for almost as long as I can remember.  She's never had any bad incident involving needles...in fact she's said that outside of her own panic and paranoia all the doctors who have ever had to use needles were very professional and trauma-free.  She's just always been scared of them.
*shudders* Cursed needles! Oh how I hate you! But like your friend, I never had anything bad happen with needles before... I JUST HATE THEM!! I can never watch when they stick me (or others) with one.

I don't like needles, but I'm not sure I'm afraid of them. I didn't mind them until I got blood drawn when I was five or so and the doctor DREW A SMILEY FACE IN MY HAND >< Geez, it was a medical facility, not a tattoo parlour.

The only unexplained fear I have is fear of heights, and I even tried getting over it last summer. I was going to go in a glass elevator in an eleven story mall, but I froze up before even getting on.

You could always yell something random when getting pricked with a needle. Dunno, I always say 'rabbits!' and it seems to help. *shrugs*

ShiningShadow

Quote from: Weleho Rogan on September 23, 2006, 06:24:52 PM
back when I was in elementray school, there was this girl who fainted 'coz one of my classmates got his knee opened big time when we were playing football. Don't know which got everyone freaked out more, girl fainting or guy having a knee with a flowing cut in it  :P

But that's prolly why I decided to get as much info on first aid as possible, even if I was only 7 years old  :)

That's cool it shows you that you are prepared for such an emergencies.....

ShiningShadow

To this day I haven't spoken to my parents anger issues and such anywho. I think the whole medical community and such is EVIL, EVIL, EVIL. Where my MEDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

James StarRunner

Quote from: Smiles on September 23, 2006, 06:35:27 PM
You could always yell something random when getting pricked with a needle. Dunno, I always say 'rabbits!' and it seems to help. *shrugs*
I'd probably get scared of rabbits after.

Aridas

You really don't have fear of needles til you've met Dr. Schabbs.

James StarRunner

From the 2nd episode of the oldschool Wolfenstein? Ya, I met him. Never played that episode since.

Weleho Rogan

gotta love Wolfenstein and Wolfenstein:Spear of Destiny

I still find it quite funny that it was written Wolfenstein: Sod

ShiningShadow

I played those games awesome for the violence and the guns nuff said..................

Rowne

Sheridan: Pretty much just like that, yes.

It's funny, when it comes to my data, I'm paranoid and protective over that.  It'll likely last centuries, it'll outlast my organic existance anyway.  Hopefully it'll find its way into an archive of some sort and perpetuate its existance through writ and idea.

With my life, eh.  I probably take too many risks for my own good.  I realize rational and calculated risks but I try not to let fear be in charge.  It's just a biological response anyway.  Instead I tend to go with Dan's approach, those feelings are far more appealing.  I suppose it's all down to that one will only live once and all that.  Probably.

I admit though that I do have knee-jerk reactions, like to blood.  I'm not a big fan of blood myself.

ShiningShadow

Me I used to the blood and gore I watche every Dawn of the dead flick enough to shake a stick at and CSI. I'm used to it and it dosen't bother me at all........................

Alan Garou

Quote from: James StarRunner on September 23, 2006, 06:39:15 PM
Quote from: Smiles on September 23, 2006, 06:35:27 PM
I'd probably get scared of rabbits after.
Whoah.. flashback time. In high school, my geography teacher said that if, on the first day of a month the first thing you said when you woke up was "rabbit", then you would have good luck for the rest of the month. Of course, I always screwed up and mumbled something first.  :rolleyes So I still have no way of knowing if he was telling the truth.
Also, I happen to have an irrational fear of wasps. Every time I hear a buzzing sound, I panic. I ended up writing an award-winning essay about it, though, so it all evens out.

ShiningShadow

Even Karma have one.................... :mowcookie :mowcookie

Zedd

Im stil afraid of the dark....And I dont know why I try to hide it...

Kenji

To celebrate Abel's fear, this topic needs more blood. Anyone wlling to donate?  :rj

llearch n'n'daCorna

Sure thing. I donate blood all the time.

... well, I used to back in NZ. Sometimes. When I remembered. And I wasn't too busy. All right, half a dozen times or so, ok? But ihad no trouble with it, despite being on the very bottom edge for iron content, weight, and missing breakfast pretty much every day...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

thegayhare

I'm not allowed to donate blood

Boog

Alright TGH, I'm curious now. Why not?

thegayhare

I don't want the thread to devolve into a political discussion and the reason has some politics behind it. So I'll just say it's because I have had sex once in my life, and cause that one time was with a guy I can never donate blood.

Kenji

Wow, that's a craptastic rule. "You can't save lives ever because you've had sex in a taboo way".
But it's ok, we don't need the blood to be "good". Just not coagulated. :3

Boog

If you dont want people to ask, don't bring it up where there's people who worry about you :P

And yeah, that rule is crap. What, do they think you can CATCH gayness or something?

Tapewolf

Quote from: Boogeyman on September 24, 2006, 11:27:39 AM
And yeah, that rule is crap. What, do they think you can CATCH gayness or something?

No, it's a precaution against HIV.  I didn't know they still did that.
CJD is another good one for blood - in Canada and possibly also the US, they won't take British blood, or blood from people who have stayed in Britain or something.  Afraid of the beef they are, yes..

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Reese Tora

Quote from: thegayhare on September 24, 2006, 10:43:10 AM
I don't want the thread to devolve into a political discussion and the reason has some politics behind it. So I'll just say it's because I have had sex once in my life, and cause that one time was with a guy I can never donate blood.

How can they tell?  I can understand not taking blood from those known to have this that or the other disease, but it's not like they can examine you and say  :analprobe "Oh, yeah, you've been doing the nasty with the wrong people, no blood giving for you."
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Zedd

I'm sure people are afraid and bigots to you Hare...Sides I want to give them a piece of my mind...The American way!  With violance and stupidity!  >:3

Janus Whitefurr

Can't donate blood, though I've considered it a few times.

Under the weight limit for it to be 'safe'.
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Kenji

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on September 24, 2006, 04:09:27 PM
Can't donate blood, though I've considered it a few times.

Under the weight limit for it to be 'safe'.

Obviously your grandma(s) were not good at fattening you up as a child. Get this man a grandma who knows how to cook! D:<