2018-02-05 [DMFA# 1816] You chose.... poorly

Started by Merlin, February 05, 2018, 04:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merlin

C'mon Dan if you gotta throw a tanty you gotta at least make it an expensive tanty

Tapewolf

Well, now we know the limit of Dan's emotional control...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

e_voyager

I have to admit it's a good thing that he chose the pillow Lounge just in case he's asked to replace them. I have to admit this shows substantial growth for dinner normally I would have expected him to try to stab her the instant he saw her. Then again I do believe he's shown to be good for keeping his promises no matter how much he dislikes them.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Tapewolf

Quote from: e_voyager on February 05, 2018, 06:02:16 AM
I have to admit it's a good thing that he chose the pillow Lounge just in case he's asked to replace them.

Given the proximity to the pillow room, I wonder if the rare vase room is for Demons to have a breakdown in.  (As per Kria and Lorenda).

Chairtastic

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 05, 2018, 06:08:52 AM

Given the proximity to the pillow room, I wonder if the rare vase room is for Demons to have a breakdown in.  (As per Kria and Lorenda).

Perhaps the vases are 'rare' in that they only exist in such rooms in Piflak's various properties.  That way it keeps the effect without actually losing Piflak any meaningful art pieces.

PhycoKrusk

Either way, Piflak thinks of everything.

Well, mostly, anyway.

Tapewolf

Quote from: PhycoKrusk on February 05, 2018, 10:00:30 AM
Either way, Piflak thinks of everything.
Well, mostly, anyway.

Figures, she's had tens of millennia to work out the wrinkles in throwing a party like this...

Kazy

Dang it this plot isn't progressing my Dan/Regina ship at all!!  :B

Still gotta wonder what Aliph offered in return for him not killing Regina.

ZacAttac21

Welp, if this is a test to see how much Dan is like his mother, I'd say he just passed. Destania would've hit the vase room. :P

Quote from: Kazy on February 05, 2018, 11:53:14 AM

Ditto.

Famout

Of course, off camera once he is finished with one room he might move on to the other!

It seems at least on some level Dan respects Aliph a great deal more then Regina. I suspect the big bad in black is a fair deal more respectful in return, while Regina didn't show any restraint about who she hurts.
It feels odd not having a fuzzy avatar picture around here....

The One Guy

I can't help but notice that Dan is freaking out about this a lot more than Regina is.

Nightmask

Quote from: The One Guy on February 05, 2018, 05:34:36 PM
I can't help but notice that Dan is freaking out about this a lot more than Regina is.

That's because she's more shallow and not a Cubi, when they last met she was like 'I don't know what the big deal is him trying to kill me, I just betrayed his trust and killed some people he cared about nothing to go and get all bent out of shape over.'  Dan on the other hand even before going full Cubi was a caring and emotional person who wanted vengeance for what she did and now it means he feels every emotional with an intensity he's never known before and this situation meant he had zero opportunity to try and prepare himself and keep his emotions under control.

Tapewolf

She may be smirking now, but there might be some awkward questions in her very near future.

Kazy

Quote from: Nightmask on February 05, 2018, 06:36:32 PM
That's because she's more shallow and not a Cubi, when they last met she was like 'I don't know what the big deal is him trying to kill me, I just betrayed his trust and killed some people he cared about nothing to go and get all bent out of shape over.'

I can't help but to wonder though whether that part was a bit more of a self-realization than seriously putting it off like it was nothing.

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 05, 2018, 06:50:45 PM
She may be smirking now, but there might be some awkward questions in her very near future.

Looks more like a >:\ than a smirk to me.

ArchTeryx

What's the over/under that Dimankia switched the signs before Dan got there?  :P

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: ArchTeryx on February 05, 2018, 11:59:30 PM
What's the over/under that Dimankia switched the signs before Dan got there?  :P

100%, now that you mention it.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kazy

Quote from: ArchTeryx on February 05, 2018, 11:59:30 PM

About the same as Piflak anticipating this and having them be switched in the first place!

Prroul

"This is fine. This is perfectly fine. This is..." *inarticulate scream of incandescent rage*

Tuyu

I'm sure Piflak has another hallway for demon guests.  One of the choices would be "petting zoo", of course, but I have no idea what the other branch would be.

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: Tuyu on February 06, 2018, 11:50:11 PM
I'm sure Piflak has another hallway for demon guests.  One of the choices would be "petting zoo", of course, but I have no idea what the other branch would be.

"Abattoir."

Akisohida

Quote from: Prroul on February 06, 2018, 09:03:57 PM
"This is fine. This is perfectly fine. This is..." *inarticulate scream of incandescent rage*

Huh. Now that you mention it, I DID hear a shriek of rage than trancended time and space and the dimentional fabric, probably caused by a 'cubi feline Monday. (It takes time for such screams to cross boundaries)

..Then again, it was drowned out by MY shrieks of rage over fighting Dr Lugae in the 3D remake of Final Fantasy 4..and dying FIVE TIMES...all on livestream.  :kirby :kirby :kirby
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Cassi-kun

Quote from: e_voyager on February 05, 2018, 06:02:16 AM
I have to admit it's a good thing that he chose the pillow Lounge just in case he's asked to replace them.

This page reminded me of Lorenda's non-tantrum, too.
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Akisohida

Well, you can tell Dan is still not 100% 'cubi:
With most demons, a 'breakdown' is usually applied to the pieces of bodies found afterwards. :D
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

mithril

Quote from: Famout on February 05, 2018, 04:27:24 PM
Of course, off camera once he is finished with one room he might move on to the other!

It seems at least on some level Dan respects Aliph a great deal more then Regina. I suspect the big bad in black is a fair deal more respectful in return, while Regina didn't show any restraint about who she hurts.

for all that "Dark Pegasus" is evil and underhanded, he does seem to stick to a code of behavior, and doesn't seem inclined to "evil for the sake of evil".