2017-03-03 [DMFA #1735] Sorry Pyroduck, you're not a 'real' dragon.

Started by MT Hazard, March 03, 2017, 08:49:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

Well that sorts that out.  :P Its a bit insensitive of Mab to suggest that Dragons of this reality are any less 'dragon' than anywhere else. Although if anyone was to know which where the 'original' dragons it would be the fae.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Puyon

...By Puyon

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jasonrevall

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 03, 2017, 10:16:18 AM
...I wonder what the other Fae-powerful races are.

Pygmy shrews and warp-aci obviously.

It would be interesting however if it turns out that humans were one of the other races. Like they're capable of pulling off all the crazy stuff star trek protagonists do all the time but on a race wide scale. Imagine an army of Picards, Kirks, Janeways, and Ciscos. I mean the only time we saw a human is when he walked through a portal like it wasn't a big deal. What if it was normal everyday crazy for them?
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

joshofspam

I wasn't really expecting such a straightforward answer to what Mab was talking about. Wow, I wonder what Hitzil would do if he meet an actual real dragon?

Oooooh, either Pip is a Real dragon or the third option that Mab hasn't stated yet. Is it good that Pip is here or that he isn't here?

Edit: Wait! Three? As in the Fae are included in that list or not included in that list? Wow. Kind of terrifying to think that there might be three other races of creatures out there as powerful as the Fae. Considering Mab mentioned getting territorial with real dragons, it sounds like power differences aside, personality wise the dragons Mab is talking about aren't to different from the dragons here on some level.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

AzureEdge

Quote from: joshofspam on March 03, 2017, 12:00:28 PM
I wasn't really expecting such a straightforward answer to what Mab was talking about. Wow, I wonder what Hitzil would do if he meet an actual real dragon?

Oooooh, either Pip is a Real dragon or the third option that Mab hasn't stated yet. Is it good that Pip is here or that he isn't here?
Hmmm. Pip being either a Real Dragon or one of the other options could make his not being around less Sinister than we think. If Pip couldn't get Mab out to where Jyrras and them would be in order to keep him safe from Ground Zero of a Hizell attack, it might meet some kind of Condition for Pip to act in her stead and take on his true form, if what we see isn't his normal state of being, to handle things as we know he is with Mab on this plan for Jyrras to complete his completely magic-less weapons for taking on any creature, including dragons, who have magic.

Drakkenmensch

It's like talking about the vampires that have been plaguing your hometown for decades and discovering they're just goth blood draining emo LARPers pretending to be proper vampires since the eldritch abominations of legend won't come to your home dimension anymore.

Now I'm good and appropriately terrified of what a true dragon might be.

Merlin

Quote from: Drakkenmensch on March 03, 2017, 06:20:36 PM
It's like talking about the vampires that have been plaguing your hometown for decades and discovering they're just goth blood draining emo LARPers pretending to be proper vampires since the eldritch abominations of legend won't come to your home dimension anymore.

Yeah that was a weird Fallout quest

Aisha deCabre

Heh, I don't think I've seen anything reference the "Our Dragons Are Different" trope within the context of their world versus canon multiverses.  Well done, Mab. x3 Poor Pyroduck's gonna have an existential crisis on top of everything else.
  Yap (c) Silverfoxr.
Artist and world-weaver.

Tuyu

Ponies. /flrrd/

...but unicorns could be contenders.

Lego3400

Dracologist

And that was when I realized.... Mab is a very bad friend.

Scow2

I have a suspicion that Mab is actually incorrect, and that Hizell is a "real" dragon, hidden by all the 'local' dragons. She doesn't function on omniscience in this realm, and a dragon may be able to counter such anyway. Mab's idea of Furrae's Dragon's are the ones that tend to accidentally step on vampires or cheap cars and owe money to adventurers - not the creature that single-handedly wiped out Clan Siar.

Jasae Bushae

Quote from: Scow2 on March 04, 2017, 08:17:38 PM
I have a suspicion that Mab is actually incorrect, and that Hizell is a "real" dragon, hidden by all the 'local' dragons. She doesn't function on omniscience in this realm, and a dragon may be able to counter such anyway. Mab's idea of Furrae's Dragon's are the ones that tend to accidentally step on vampires or cheap cars and owe money to adventurers - not the creature that single-handedly wiped out Clan Siar.
I doubt that considering the only reason Hizel hasn't crushed the inn purely because Mab is around and would kick his butt if he tried.

Also if Hizel was that powerful im skeptical that Mab would have been able to provide a barrier that Hizel and every single dragon in the world put together couldn't put a dent in.
I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

Tapewolf

Quote from: Jasae Bushae on March 04, 2017, 08:48:36 PM
I doubt that considering the only reason Hizel hasn't crushed the inn purely because Mab is around and would kick his butt if he tried.

I'm not certain.  I think Amber mentioned that there was exactly one multiversal dragon in Furrae, and I'd be a little surprised if it wasn't him.

On the other hand, it might be Pip - (See http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1682.php )
Also if Hizel was that powerful im skeptical that Mab would have been able to provide a barrier that Hizel and every single dragon in the world put together couldn't put a dent in.

As above - whatever happened to Pip (and that page is not the only mention of this) is something even the Fae can't unpick.  So I wouldn't be too quick to rule out that the Fae can do things which other top-tier races can't undo.

EDIT: And it's not like SAIA is permanent anyway... it's possible that they could break the barrier down given time, but it would take 10'000 years to do, so it's easier to wait for it to collapse of its own accord.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

TikiTDO

Mmm, big and scary. The best state of being.

Also, "the only race of three"? That's an interesting turn of phrase. I wonder is that just particular wording, or was that intentional.

Akisohida

Judging by Biggs and Wildy-San...Ferrets may be one of the powerful races. ;) Maybe they are a FOURTH and hide it well!
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Merlin

Quote from: Akisohida on March 05, 2017, 06:32:59 PM

Judging by Biggs and Wildy-San...Ferrets may be one of the powerful races. ;) Maybe they are a FOURTH and hide it well!

I want to believe

Puyon

Quote from: Merlin on March 05, 2017, 06:34:57 PM
Quote from: Akisohida on March 05, 2017, 06:32:59 PM

I want to believe

Genesis's ferret-phobia seems much more founded in this case hahaha
...By Puyon

Lying Foo

...but Rose said that dragons were only allowed there because they were on the "boonies"?  Wouldn't that imply that these were the scary interdimensional sort?
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Hariman

Quote from: Lying Foo on March 05, 2017, 07:11:25 PM
...but Rose said that dragons were only allowed there because they were on the "boonies"?  Wouldn't that imply that these were the scary interdimensional sort?

The rules of the Furrae universe are probably such that the really world bending dragons can't use their full power, with only "lesser" dragons existing there.
Am I the only person who thinks that Mr. Roboto rusts out and eventually becomes the Ironman?

No not that Ironman, the other one!

Alondro

The real dragons = Draco from "Dragonheart", Puff the Magic Dragon, Spike from MLP, and Jake Long.

Clearly this is the truth.   ;)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Alondro

Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

Alondro

Quote from: Drakkenmensch on March 03, 2017, 06:20:36 PM

Now I'm good and appropriately terrified of what a true dragon might be.

Furrae  dragons = Sparkly "Twilght Saga" vampires.
REAL dragons = Alucard

Something like this, I suspect.  They're like Saitama against an army of pre-schoolers.  So God-mode over-powered it only works as a parody because taking it seriously is just plain preposterous. 

Alondro

Quote from: Tuyu on March 04, 2017, 02:26:26 AM
Ponies. /flrrd/

...but unicorns could be contenders.

Discord... who is also Q... the draconequus race must be one of the 3!   :U

Tilendor

Quote from: Alondro on March 08, 2017, 07:50:50 AM
The real dragons = Draco from "Dragonheart", Puff the Magic Dragon, Spike from MLP, and Jake Long.

Clearly this is the truth.   ;)

I would put forward the dragons of Pern as the real dragons :)

rwstyles

Problem - She isn't allowed to know anything except what she learns locally.  So how does she know this stuff?

I suppose that some other Fae, one with different restrictions might have said something.

Tuyu

The simplest explanation I can think of is--she is talking about Pip, and Pip isn't actually connected to the stuff she isn't allowed to know in Furrae.