2016/08/15 [DMFA #1687] - The magic of Purple

Started by Tapewolf, August 15, 2016, 06:38:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

It's interesting that this Viv is openly a succubus.  It makes some sense, e.g. that 'cubi often obsess over fashion or clothing.
On the other hand, it's a risk.  I hope she doesn't fall foul of Hizell's new purge.

As for Regina, hopefully she'll get better at it with practice.  The whole on-the-job training thing.

EDIT: As for her clan, I can't see a mark at this time, but I see resemblances to Piflak.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Merlin

Grey Wolf

Juvenile, jejune, simplistic pablum... but accurate!

(I like magazine quizzes, and I'm 23. Does...does that say bad things about me? >>; )
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Grey Wolf on August 15, 2016, 08:37:41 AM
(I like magazine quizzes, and I'm 23. Does...does that say bad things about me? >>; )

No. Only if you believe them to be accurate. ;-]

I wonder if her full name is Violet.

... which, of course, leads me to wonder about Ms Beauregarde...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

ZacAttac21

NEW 'CUBI CHARACTER!! :eager

Personally, I'm getting a "Hrienth" vibe from her.

Tylor

Could Regina be crafty enough to do research on Viv and make sure that she specifically would get purple?

Tapewolf

Regina is liable to have a probationary period anyway, so if she is useless, they can easily get rid of her.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

VAE

Honestly, I laughed myself silly about this strip at work.
And, purple is indeed awesome.
Also, siamese cat cubi = instant approval.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Eboreg

Honestly, I spent half the strip expecting the joke to be: "But that's exactly what we're looking for here."
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

James StarRunner

Quote from: CubiKitsune on August 15, 2016, 10:36:43 AM
NEW 'CUBI CHARACTER!! :eager

Personally, I'm getting a "Hrienth" vibe from her.
Kinda hoping for an angel character myself. ;3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Cassi-kun

I get a Piflak vibe from her too, though she could be a Hrienth or Nact'Larn - a good outfit adds bonuses to a seduction roll. She may also be from a more "humorous" clan, given the way she hires Regina based on getting purple on a silly quiz, though I don't think I'd go so far as to say Dimanika. I can't imagine Regina having much regard for any publication with a Dimanika in power XD (well that, or she'd fall for it completely and buy clown shoes to compliment her purse)

Does anyone else think Viv's feather ruff looks like it's actually attached to her?
Got a deviantArt account? Go join DMFAclub!

Puyon

Quote from: Cassi-kun on August 17, 2016, 02:40:12 PM
Does anyone else think Viv's feather ruff looks like it's actually attached to her?

I was wondering if it was a stylistic thing, but when it's shapeshifters involved, anything is plausible. If you can do it, why not use it for fashion?
...By Puyon

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Cassi-kun on August 17, 2016, 02:40:12 PM

That's what I thought too, yes.

AzureEdge

Quote from: VAE on August 15, 2016, 04:06:44 PM
Honestly, I laughed myself silly about this strip at work.
And, purple is indeed awesome.
Also, siamese cat cubi = instant approval.

I have to personally wonder if she has an Identical Twin Sister, wouldn't matter with Cubi but whatever, that will be the complete opposite of her whenever she runs into Regina leaving her completely confused as to why Viv goes from liking her to hating her at the drop of a hat.