New CVRPG Layout Coming

Started by Darkmoon, July 27, 2016, 10:18:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmoon

Just FYI, CVRPG will be undergoing a redesign here in a bit. We're working the kinks out of the system right now (such as making one of the fonts I use work, getting storylines and chapters to function, etc.), but once the details are fine tuned, we'll be launching.

If you wanna check it out, it's up on: http://cvrpg.clickthulu.com/index.php

One big change will be that the old comics (from 2408 onwards) will now be at 600px wide. I'm sure everyone will appreciate being able to read the vector comics a little better.

Anyway, no clue on an exact time when it'll launch, but be ready for it.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Darkmoon

Site is a little further along today. Doesn't look nearly as broken, but storylines and chapters are still DOA. They're next on the to do list.

After that, someone gets to go through and tag all the characters in their various comics. Yay?

Darkmoon

Okay, new CVRPG is up. Anyone wanna go through and start tagging cast members on the comics.

You know, it's only, like, 40 or so cast members on 6000 comics. NBD, right?

Destina Faroda

Well, I do like how the recent comics are a lot bigger. :)

But for some reason, all the pixel art looks off. :(  I don't know why.  Maybe it's just the color combinations...or something else.
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

I dunno why that would be. It should all be the same size and the same colors. I didn't touch them at all...

But yeah, since I could upscale the vector art without losing fidelity (in fact making them look beter) I went with it. Makes em much easier to read.

Gabi

I thought this was just a temporary problem, but it's still happening, so...

I can't login on clickthulu administration (it says I don't have permission) and when I try to open access.cvrpg.com all I get is a blank page. :(
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Darkmoon

Try cvrpg.com/admin now. Should let you in. I had to reset your permissions (they didn't port over from the old system, stupidly).

EDIT: Fyi, once you navigate to a comic and open the strip, you can click the strip image to see it full size.

Darkmoon

DOUBLE POST!

Just so you know: access.cvrpg.com is no more. I'll have to talk to my server guy, but there's a way to grant users access to early comics (through the admin area somehow) so they can see the comics early, but that whole system hasn't exactly been explained to me yet. Once I know more, I'll let you all know.

Gabi

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly