2015/08/12 [Peony #52] - Thrown to the wolves

Started by Tapewolf, August 11, 2015, 09:25:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Well, Click has overridden Peony.  Which on the face of it is probably the best thing, since she's likely to muff things up and get the three of them hanged/beheaded/burned (delete as applicable).

I was going to say that that's what Rafe would want, that his friends go free, but given his outburst to Daren earlier of "If I'm going down, I'm taking you with me" (p24), it's not impossible he'll talk since ultimately this is all Peony's fault.

In any case it's always possible that Peony will sneak off on her own and attempt something reckless because that seems to be her modus operandi.  I guess we'll see.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Puyon

My first guess? She's going to help him escape. It just seems like the Peony thing to do. After all, later in her life we see her help with a prison break (See: Free Turn)
...By Puyon

Tapewolf

Quote from: Puyon on August 13, 2015, 01:24:59 PM
My first guess? She's going to help him escape. It just seems like the Peony thing to do. After all, later in her life we see her help with a prison break (See: Free Turn)

Indeed.  This might be where she cut her teeth on the jailbreak thing.  I'd like to think she could and would.

On the other hand, losing a friend to the Inquisition would be a powerful lesson/character development stage in that it would teach her that she's in a very precarious situation, that worshipping Jake has very serious consequences.  Something which is clearly not sinking in so far.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E