Heads Up for Private Side Users:

Started by Darkmoon, February 21, 2015, 06:21:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmoon

I the next month or so I'm going to be putting up a glut of new comics on CVRPG so you all are going to see bonus updates for a while... well, that is once I get the damn private side working (for some reason it's dead and I don't know how long it's been down for) -- I'm working with my server guy to fix that.

The reason for the glut of new comics is that CVRPG is going hand-drawn (well, hand-drawn vector sprites) and I want to try and get as much of a backlog as I can in case I have to miss a few updates due to drawing shit. So you guys will reap the benefits.

(EDIT: Access link is fixed. Just use the key on the side.)
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Gabi

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

bradypodidae

Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'd third it, but I don't really think you need any encouragement to make more comics. >.>

;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

I actually have the first few comics done, and I'm going to speed up the "update" schedule for CVRPG, although initially you won't notice it. I'm going to set the private side to seven days a week, but I will probably only update it five days a week like normal... however, you'll get updates in weird fits and starts as I update. Just bear with this weird transition for a bit. This is all so I can free up some room coming up so I can actually put the new, future-ready comics into the pipe, but I have to have the room available to do so.

One way or another, more comics are coming into the pipe very, very soon.

Meanwhile, the private side will also get a new site skin soon. I have it developed and I just need to put a few tweaks in and then launch it so you guys can play with it and let me know if anything is broken. I'll post here once the skin is ready.

EDIT: Okay, site is half coded on the private side. You can see the comics and navigate through (I think), but most all of the additional features are missing right now. I have to run out and do some errands, but I'll hopefully get to this today so everything will work by tonight. ;)

EDIT 2: And I've gotten just about everything done at this point. One thing I have to work with my server guy on is seeing why comments aren't working on the private side. I can't beta test them out until I can see them, but eh... it's just one detail. Please let me know what you guys think of the new site.

Darkmoon

Okay, comic is all caught up, and new art will start loading tonight. Catch up on comics now while you can! 😊

Darkmoon

Apparently everyone's accounts expired and no one told me... I've fixed that. I added three years to everyone's accounts.

Gabi

Thank you!

Sorry I haven't been checking the private site lately. It's another of those busy times for me. :-/

Destina Faroda

I noticed that the public updates have caught up with the private ones for both DSWC comics.  I'm glad there are still updates, but does this mean we won't have any more sneak previews?
Sig coming...whenever...

Darkmoon

Oh, you totally will. I've had a few things going on recently that ate into my time to get comics done, but I'm going to ensure we get a bit of backlog going again before too long.

At least until DSWC 750. It'll take a hiatus for a bit after that.

Gabi

Is there still a way to get into the private site? I try to log in at http://www.cvrpg.com/admin/ and the page doesn't load.

Darkmoon

Really? It loads just fine for me. No issues at all.