2013/05/03 [DMFA #1399] Readers questions and glasses

Started by MT Hazard, May 03, 2013, 07:31:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

Looks like the question choices are getting a bit thin...
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Drakkenmensch

Amber can take off the glasses dramatically, but she can also pull off a Caruso and put them back in an equally epic manner.

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

http://www.myinstants.com/instant/yeah/

Janus Whitefurr

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Mischa

mithril

this bit also pokes fun at the 'wardrobe as character' convention a lot of comics seem to use, where the clothing and accessories used by a character never change, as if fans wouldn't be able to tell who a character is without them wearing that one outfit.
TVtropes has a page on it actually. Limited Wardrobe.. (warning, Tvtropes has been deemed to be a Weapon of Mass Distraction, read at own risk..)

joshofspam

Oddly enough, this is true for any article of clothing.

Personally, I like the multiple removal of glasses joke from the movie "Airplane".
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Surzsha

Quote from: mithril on May 03, 2013, 12:07:24 PM
This bit also pokes fun at the 'wardrobe as character' convention a lot of comics seem to use...
TVtropes has a page on it actually.

RESIST! RESIIIIST!

lilpuppy23

I propose forum rules against posting TVTropes links. Just saying.  :3

On a completely different topic, I wonder if Amber likes Puppies?

Also, don't QFTR pages usually end a chapter? Does this mean Friday's update will feature the start of another chapter??

Yarott

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on May 03, 2013, 04:07:57 PM

NEVER! Embrace the Lampshade hanging on top of us all! And NEVER take it off!

Azlan

"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

mithril

well, i did add the WMD warning..  :mowtongue

Attic Rat

People who don't need glasses have no reason to think about them very much.
To this day, people are sometimes surprised when I take my glasses OFF to read something.

So, yeah... A character who needs glasses will probably take them off now and then. And because that character needs glasses, finding them again is the next entertainment event of the day.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

mithril

Quote from: Attic Rat on May 04, 2013, 05:54:49 PM
To this day, people are sometimes surprised when I take my glasses OFF to read something.

So, yeah... A character who needs glasses will probably take them off now and then. And because that character needs glasses, finding them again is the next entertainment event of the day.

and people who don't need glasses, but wear them anyway (like jyrras) generally exhibit the same behaviors.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Pfft. If you guys are that easily distracted, you- ooo, shiny thing!
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

SeamlessR

I can take them off? Well. This will make sleeping easier.

Naldru

Quote from: Attic Rat on May 04, 2013, 05:54:49 PM

I keep telling my wife not to leave breakable things near the bed.  In the morning, my search for glasses looks like Mr. Magoo in a china shop.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.