DMFA for Dec. 19 2011 may be delayed...

Started by Mao, December 18, 2011, 08:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mao

Just saw a note from Mab saying the comic may be a day late.  Thought I should let folks know, just in case.

Mao

Little heads up/update:  Mab is apparently suffering from a bit of a stomach flu so while she's likely to try to get the comic done, I'd say not to expect it.  If you have any complaints with that, feel free to complain to me about it as I'd be more than happy to address any thing you'd like to say on the manner.

... it may or may not include words not appropriate for a younger audience, if you catch my drift.

justacritic

Any body who complains in spite of Amber's pain should be *****BEEEEEEEEEEEEEP**** with poisonous waves. Miss Mab is already working hard for our sakes, we should be more sensible.

Gabi

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

llearch n'n'daCorna

Stomach flu is not good. I hope she's okay, and it's a quick, and not very serious thing.

Also, anyone who manages to get past Mao okay, speak to me. I'm sure I can find a few words he hasn't used...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ghostwish

RobbieThe1st

I have a complaint with that!

...That she's even /considering/ working on the comic. When you're sick, sitting in front of a computer isn't usually a good thing to do(Unless you've got a nice, comfortable chair and warm room to work in... but that's beside the point).

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

Arcblade

Ack, illness.  I have to agree with Robbie.  I'm grateful for Amber's devotion to DMFA, but I'd prefer she not suffer whilst making it.  Please take all the time you need, Amber! 

lilpuppy23

I have a really nice herbal remedy that may help with Amber's current predicament.

All I have to do now is figure out its English name....

Nocturne of Night

Stomach flu...that's gotta be terrible. The thing about it is it consistently takes a couple days to recover from, once you can even start eating again. RobbieThe1st is right: rest well Amber, and don't worry about us until you're feeling better!

lilpuppy23

In the meantime, however (While I go about translation), Drink lots and lots if fluids. Maybe something with a bit of water or starch in it.

Also, Wikipedia is your friend.

Gabi

Sorry, but I differ. Wikipedia is not a good source for medical treatments. Self-medication without consulting a professional only makes things worse.

Unless you were talking about something else entirely and I got your message completely wrong.

In any case, I know everyone here means well and we all want Amber to get better, but I wouldn't recommend taking any medicines that haven't been properly prescribed for her.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Inumo

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on December 27, 2011, 06:40:37 PM
In the meantime, however (While I go about translation), Drink lots and lots if fluids. Maybe something with a bit of water or starch in it.

Also, Wikipedia is your friend.

I don't think beer is a proper solution to a stomach flu. I somehow doubt alcohol really helps with recovering from an illness.

Also, Google, not Wikipedia.

justacritic

Ginger is good for stomach problems, and if you don't like the taste, you can boil some Pepsi or Coke and some lemon with it.

Turnsky

Ginger beer's supposedly good for stomach upsets, preferably if you can get the ones with bits of ginger still floating around in the bottle.

failing that, flat sodas like sprite is also apparently good for nausea.

and if you can manage it, hot soup is also fairly good also. keeps your strength up, as well as your fluid intake.

Also good for keeping your stomach quiet and mitigating reflux or that lovely 'burn' after nausea: Yogurt, plain, vanilla yogurt. lines the stomach too, may keep things settled.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Maark30

Believe it or not slices of "green apples" can also help the nausea.

But lots of fluids, dry toast and jello are definitely in order. (I used to get the stomach flu at least once every 2 years when I was younger)
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

justacritic

Jello? Why Jello? It maybe made from animal proteins but I don't see how it helps with upset stomachs.

Mao

Quote from: justacritic on December 29, 2011, 12:34:11 PM
Jello? Why Jello? It maybe made from animal proteins but I don't see how it helps with upset stomachs.

Mostly due to it's easy to digest nature.  Won't upset them further.  It's not a curative measure, but it's something of a 'safe' food.  Though now that I've said that I'm sure some internet sleuth will come along and tell me all the ways I'm wrong on this. :P

Kenji

Quote from: Mao Laoren on December 29, 2011, 01:28:28 PM

Mostly due to it's easy to digest nature.  Won't upset them further.  It's not a curative measure, but it's something of a 'safe' food.  Though now that I've said that I'm sure some internet sleuth will come along and tell me all the ways I'm wrong on this. :P

Jello attracts birds. Birds always keep you from relaxing.

Turnsky

Quote from: Kenji on December 29, 2011, 07:48:19 PM
Quote from: Mao Laoren on December 29, 2011, 01:28:28 PM

Jello attracts birds. Birds always keep you from relaxing.

*squints*

i see what you did there.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

justacritic

What has been done? I failed my Wisdom check *derp*