[CN] Purple Senate Candidates (November 2009)

Started by Tezkat, June 08, 2009, 10:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tezkat

According to the PEACE treaty that unites the Purple Sphere, the members alliances of Poseidon rotate senators every month, with each alliance designated to vote for a specific candidate.

As Pegasus members, we have no designated candidate to support. We now have non-friendly purples in competition for the senate seats, so our allies need as much help as they can get.

Here are the PEACE candidates for this month. Please vote for whichever of them has the lowest vote count after the reset (November 6, 2009).

Candidates for November 2009: (Reset November 6, 2009)

Haflinger of Llonach (Invicta)
TECUMSEH of Inner Shermania (UPN)
Stetson of Axeland (SNAFU)

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

llearch n'n'daCorna

... Are you sure about The Pansy? I mean, _I_ have more votes than he does...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tezkat

The new senate session begins tomorrow. We've recently instituted a policy of disabling votes for the old senators so they don't take votes away from the incoming members, so the new guys should be coming in with 0 votes from now on.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Tezkat

Yeah, it resets tonight. The powers that be were a bit disorganized this month. War and all...

Tezkat

Non-PEACE alliances who have recently taken up residence in Purple actually have viable senate candidates; a member of the New Sith Order was only a few votes shy of unseating a PEACE senator last month. Far from being a freebie, it's now important to mobilize the voting base. Please note the candidates for August and help keep our friends in power after the August 8 reset.

Thanks! :mowcookie

Tezkat

Candidates for the September 7 reset are up. So far, it looks like we've been successful in keeping the Purple Senate out of the hands of invaders. Keep up the good work!

:mowcookie

Candidates for September 2009: (Reset September 7, 2009)

alterego of Bog Land (BAPS)
Kaikora of New Zealand (M*A*S*H)

Kasarn

Keleth

I admit I have no idea how this Candidates and political stuff even works.

Is it even worth farting around with?
Help! I'm gay!

llearch n'n'daCorna

DO you have a vote? if so, cast it as requested. Otherwise forget about it. It's very simple...

Kasarn

llearch n'n'daCorna

Interesting that BookBuddy asked me to vote for the guy currently leading the board... who isn't one of these three.

Said guy is keeping track of how many nukes he's thrown or had thrown at him. 7 thwarted, 5 landed. Thrown 28. Those sort of stats make me uneasy...

Tezkat

So... next reset is on Friday (November 6th). We had a very tight race with the Stickmen candidate last month, to the point that we lost our third seat several times. Since we may be going to war with these guys Sometime Soon Now, allowing them the power to sanction us would be a Bad Thing. In other words: Get out the vote! :dface

Here are the PEACE candidates for November:

Haflinger of Llonach (Invicta)
Stetson of Axeland (SNAFU)

A lot of them are the same as last month. Given what happened last month, we figured some name recognition would be helpful in keeping the Senate in friendly hands... :3

Mao

Hmm, maybe it's just me.. but Inner Shermania doesn't seem to be coming up as an option.

Tezkat

Mao

When I checked him this AM. he was set to senate votes disallowed and wasn't in the list.  I can see him now, but I'm instead voting for the lowest member of the three. :P  In third when I checked was Michiel de Ruyter and iirc that's one of the usurpers.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Kasarn

January:
Frank Sinatra of the Rat Pack
Amonra of Sturmriech
Stetson of Axeland

Kasarn

February:
UPN: TECUMSEH of Inner Shermania
BAPS: supersystem of moldonn
MASH: RpR Francheezi of Dargnilats

SquirrelWizard

Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Tezkat

If you haven't already voted, please vote for Legion of Undead. He's not actually a PEACE member, but OMFG is a friendly, and we had a problem with our actual third candidate (moldonn) getting knocked out of senate range due to the war. The Stickmen candidate is close to getting the third senate seat at the moment.

Purple is getting pounded so heavily that the senate positions are a bit... confused right now... :dface

llearch n'n'daCorna

I note that he's 18 days idle, there. Not that that stopped me voting for him, but it'd be a bit annoying to cast a whole bunch of votes into the void, as it were...

Tezkat

I'm 17 days idle right now... not as if that's an unusual state of affairs at this size, especially with wartime anarchies to work around... :animesweat