The Sunday Failcast- Regular scheduled programming..

Started by Mao, February 14, 2010, 12:51:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mao

Resumes today!  Stop on by and we can chat and play. :)  Sound check starts shortly.

All are welcomed.  We'll soon be finishing up with a few of these games so I'd like to hear what games folks would like to see next.  My list of games can be found at:   http://www.javgw.com/mao/  Any are eligible, and I warn you now, I'm terrible at all of them!

EDIT:  Somewhat good news and somewhat bad news:  May not be able to broadcast next week.  That's the bad news.  The good news is that it looks like the DLC for Assassin's Creed II, The Burning of the Vanities (the bit that was alluded to at the end of the Battle of Forli) is going to be available next week.  So, if I'm not able to cast this weekend, we get to play that chapter in proper sequence!  Score!

EDIT 2:  Also, despite the games list not saying anything about it, I'm planning on picking up FFXIII (as most of you know) and probably God of War III for the broadcast.  So keep those in mind when deciding what you want to see me play. :)

bradypodidae

If they time it right, they could keep you in stabbity-stabbity bliss for months to come with the AC2 DLCs...   :mowninja

edit: It seems that FFXIII and GoW 3 will fill your programming for a bit... that said, I haven't seen any of the FF series played, so I would request playing the series games you already have in order of release leading up to FFXIII.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Mao

The games for FF are always disconnected.  (With the exception of the stuff they did for FFVII... which were awesome).  So you won't be missing anything by seeing the new games.  Beyond that, they're redoing the mythology and the like as of this game, so even I won't know much.  That said, I'm really looking forward to it.

Also.. some of them are 60+ hours of game play.. some ranging into the 120+ hours range if you want to max everything out.  These are rpg's.  They eat time like it was candy.

bradypodidae

120+ hours you say... never mind, I think I'll just go find some  nice wiki's about them to catch up on all the different FF universes.   :U

edit: went over the list a bit, and so far the only request/suggestion I have for game play is:

PS3 - Folklore, Eternal Sonata, Mirror's Edge

PS2 - Dark Cloud, Magna Carta: Tears of Blood

Wii -    ... Wii Sports?  :U

Avi by Tabi

USMC

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh. Disgaea seems to eat time like candy. I may even get around to playing it again, now I'm back from vacation.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

Thanks for the list Brady!  Much appreciated. :3

Three of those are RPG's, so if I play them, I suspect it will take a while, even if I try to play through as fast as I can.  That said, it could be fun. :D  I do like the idea of doing Folklore and Mirrors Edge though.  Wish I had a better collection for the Wii but there just hasn't been a lot of games for it to catch my attention. :<

Sprocketsdance

Ohhh man.. well, the one I'd really like to see played sometime would be Eternal Sonata for the PS3.. I saw the advertisements.. drooled.. and cried because all I have is a PS2 :animesweat

Mao

I'll certainly consider it as that's two votes for it now.  I've not been able to play through the whole thing yet so this might be the motivation I need to do so.

Also, this saturday is likely out, broadcast wise, as I'm going to be two cities over at a housewarming party.  Sunday is tentative.  I'll be updating the title on JTV to reflect this.  I should also point out that I do now have the 13th sequence for ACII, so we can pick up where we left off, story wise. :D

Sprocketsdance

\o/ Awesome! ^^ Hope all goes well and have some fun!  :boogie

llearch n'n'daCorna

wewt!

... although I think I've missed slices of what was going on. On the other hand, I don't think much has changed from Mao wandered around using Ezio to stab people. And on the gripping hand, watching Mao stab people is fun...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

I enjoy it most as I lull them into the sweet, sweet embrace of death.  "shh shh shh, shhhhhhhh.  Shhhhhhhh.  It's ok now.  Shhhhhhh."

bradypodidae

I like how Ezio, regardless of armor/weapons/coin/etc. carried, is the only one who seems to be able to swim, much less even tread water. I also like how Ezio can clear a ship of all occupants one at a time by pulling them over the side, and no one ever notices the crowded deck becoming roomier.

I must admit, this is a fun game to watch.

Avi by Tabi

USMC