Luna Online

Started by Magic, June 15, 2009, 10:54:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magic

IMPORTANT WARNING:
Seraline has been a victim of credit card fraud from gPotato. The matter is currently under investigation. Do NOT under any circumstances use a credit card or reveal your credit card information in buying gPotatoes.

Since the guild is getting a bit big and that I want to keep track of who's who and who needs what, I'm going to start this thread. I will update the list of people that are in the guild and need to be inguilded as frequently as I can. We use the gpotato client ( http://luna.gpotato.com ) and you should ignore the Korean and Brazilian versions of this game for the sake of getting together. The SAIA guild and it's members are in:

Crescent server, Channel 2 (for the most part)
Look for Malakym (me)

List of people in the SAIA Guild:

(ingame name)(position)(commonly known as)(level)(class)
SeralineChairmanSeraline29Cleric
MalakymVice-ChairmanInk55*Infantryman
llearchVice-Chairmanllearch31Cleric
llearcher**Vice-Chairmanllearch17Rogue
EspentElderEspent12Fighter
LamingtonRegular MemberJanus42Sorceror
DrathorinRegular MemberDrathorin14Rogue
ShaarRegular MemberDeranged Hobo32Ruffian
ArudenRegular MemberMao Laoren40Monk
KitsuneKimmyRegular MemberKimmy22Voyager
SiirRegular MemberSiirenia/Caffeine31Ruffian
Siirenia**Regular MemberSiirenia/Caffeine21Ruffian
TezkatRegular MemberTezkat38Wizard
** alternate character
(updated weekly)

To Inguild:
Valynth (Mindriv)
Keaton (?)
Starrunner (?)

* If you're new, or are having trouble with a boss or a mob, please type /Malakym <message> and tell me where you are. I can fastheal and am capable of soaking damage from fifty level 60+ mobs without dipping lower than 90% in health or breaking a sweat. Don't party me as much as possible, as it will only severely cut into your experience.

Important Notice:
For all new players within level 10 - 30, I will buy copper and iron ingots at higher than you can sell them to the shopkeepers. Collect them in bunches of 100s and message me.

Remember,
1 copper ore -> 1 copper bar
1 iron ore + 1 copper bar -> 1 iron bar
5 iron bars + 1 purified water -> 1 steel bar
Steel is an important resource as there is no armor vendor for level 55+ currently ingame.

Current Needs:
1) More AoE DPS in the roster, preferably Fighter->Warrior->Mercenary (Human) with good STR.
2) Artifact weapons/armor stockpile for incoming/new players to loan.
3) Copper/leather stockpile for construction. (This will become vital after level 50.)

Important links:
Client DL and Signup to gpotato: http://luna.gpotato.com
References and Info (to the left): http://www.lunabr.com/en/index.php
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hrm.

ingame nameposition in the guildcommonly known aslevelclass
SeralineChairmanSeraline29Cleric
MalakymVice-ChairmanInk52*Infantryman
EspentElderEspent12Fighter
LamingtonRegular MemberJanus38Wizard
DrathorinRegular MemberDrathorin14Rogue
ShaarRegular MemberDeranged Hobo28Ruffian(?)
llearchRegular Memberllearch25Cleric
ArudenRegular MemberMao Laoren35Cleric

Look better?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tezkat

Tezkat visits the main site, finding a bunch of dead Photobucket links and the following top news item:

QuoteFor the next three weeks Luna Online is hosting the ultimate speed dating tournament, giving you the chance to perfect your speed dating skills and compete for an iPod Nano or other cool prizes.

Is that what MMOs have come to? :animesweat (And do you defeat opponents with shounen ai? >:])

The same thing we do every night, Pinky...

Keleth

Quote from: Tezkat on June 16, 2009, 09:54:26 PM

Tezkat visits the main site, finding a bunch of dead Photobucket links and the following top news item:

QuoteFor the next three weeks Luna Online is hosting the ultimate speed dating tournament, giving you the chance to perfect your speed dating skills and compete for an iPod Nano or other cool prizes.

Is that what MMOs have come to? :animesweat (And do you defeat opponents with shounen ai? >:])

<_< I can't play with them, I'm a minor.
Help! I'm gay!

Valynth

Hmmm, another free online game?

Sure, why the heck not?  *downloads until he can get enough time to test run it.*
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Magic

I'd love to say no, but given how every character is cutesy and the males are ambiguously effeminate--
True Magic does not bow down to rules like mana or sacrifice. True Magic bends all rules. I have seen the truth. I am now free forever. (I used to be Doctor Ink. Now stop asking.)

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: Ink on June 17, 2009, 12:08:04 AM

I'd love to say no, but given how every character is cutesy and the males are ambiguously effeminate--

HI!

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Valynth

That seals it, I have to play this game for the sake of making hilarious screen shots.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.

llearch n'n'daCorna

mwahahahaha.

Just soas it's clear, the leveling is dead easy until you hit level 40 or so. Watch out for bosses, though - anything with a specific name and bigger than the normal ones, is usually listed as a couple levels higher, but those are "boss levels" not "normal levels" - a L11 player can take on most creatures from L16 down, without too much trouble, but a L12 boss is likely to eat any player below about L20. Teamwork is how you get those ones. Lots of teamwork.

Or you get a L52 tank (Hi, Ink!) to take aggro, and sit there laughing while you gum the thing to death with your friends. Until Lamington comes in and does 5-6x your damage... *cough*

Janus Whitefurr

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 17, 2009, 03:59:20 AM
Or you get a L52 tank (Hi, Ink!) to take aggro, and sit there laughing while you gum the thing to death with your friends. Until Lamington comes in and does 5-6x your damage... *cough*

And just think, now I have a spell that crits things equal to my level for over 1000 damage. :3
This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Valynth

Well, I've gotten started as Mindriv "the legionare" as I like to call him.  He's going to be a one handed sword + shield fighter.

Anyway, enough playing, time for me to get back to packing.

Teh_Hobo

Just to clarify, yes, I am a Ruffian. I'm assuming you didn't know for sure and thus the (?) next to my class.
One week in air, two weeks in water, two weeks in water, eight weeks in ground.

Magic

Important Update:
See the top of the first post.

IMPORTANT WARNING:
Seraline has been a victim of credit card fraud from gPotato. The matter is currently under investigation. Do NOT under any circumstances use a credit card or reveal your credit card information in buying gPotatoes.

Tezkat

Hmm... not a reputable company? :dface

Anyways... I decided to sign up last night to see what all the fuss is about, so look for a noobish wizzie named Tezkat. Where do y'all hang out in game?

:kittycool

Valynth

Quote from: Tezkat on June 18, 2009, 10:44:38 PM
Anyways... I decided to sign up last night to see what all the fuss is about, so look for a noobish wizzie named Tezkat. Where do y'all hang out in game?

I think I saw ya wandering around in game...

Oh, and I got a stack of copper for Ink.  I just need to know when/where to meet to both conduct the trading and get guilded in.

Current status:  level 17 fighter, almost 18.  Wishes he was level 22 so he can destruct some of the thing Iron Golems drop....

llearch n'n'daCorna

Tez, buzz me, Seraline, or Ink - we're all lurking on the IRC - when you're online, and we'll suck you into the guild.

Me, because Sera just "volunteered" me into recruiter mode...

Mao

Haw haw, you got voluntold.  *goes back to spamming his holy skills for epic damage*

I'm a monk now by the way.  Level 40.  I loves whopping things in the face with my staff and can't wait for them to fix the bug with monks using one hand staff...want to use staff and shield so bad..

Tezkat

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 19, 2009, 05:45:23 AM
Tez, buzz me, Seraline, or Ink - we're all lurking on the IRC - when you're online, and we'll suck you into the guild.

Me, because Sera just "volunteered" me into recruiter mode...

Hmm... you mean the DMFA IRC? Don't think I've ever been there...

Janus inducted me into the guild last night. I'm still not a member of the "Family" though. (Not even sure how that works, really. Do I get to use my Italian mobster voice? >:])

I hit 35 last night on an endlessly looping orc quest. Hopefully, I'll be able to milk those things long enough to class again next time. Probably Sorcerer, though I'm starting to have doubts about survivability trying to AOE solo. Tezkat is super squishy... :dface

llearch n'n'daCorna

Aren't we all?

DMFA IRC details are on http://llearch.net/irc/

Magic

Pretty much I'm the only dedicated tank in the guild. Unfortunately my AoE isn't as good. Tradeoffs and all.

llearch n'n'daCorna

If I don't like where my archer goes, and don't care for what the cleric does (no range? Come on... I _live_ for reaching out and touching someone, preferably from outside their range...) I may start up a tank. Just so there's another one.

... plus it would amuse me to have so much health people can't damage me. Ahem.