02/03/09 [CVRPG #942] - Ouch

Started by Tsiana, February 03, 2009, 03:29:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tsiana

so yeah...
not really liking that stab at twilight in cvrpg..
like srsly owww...
just cause the movie was i big fat terd doesn't mean the books are.. have you even read them?
probably not...

(and no i'm not some raving fangirl who want to marry edward i'm quite happy with my real relationship and yes i know vampires dont exist... that's why these books fall under the escapist literature.)

so yeah just wanted to get my 2 cents in...

Tapewolf

Might this be better placed in the CVRPG section?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

bill

i was thinking another section

(the one at the bottom)

Damaris

I read them (and then reported on them, like a dutiful wife).  They're overhyped.  Although I did enjoy book 3.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Tsiana

I agree, they are over hyped. (most girls i know when they found out about the movie ----------> :eager :boogie)
but that doesn't make them bad books.
definitely arent bad enough to have the libraries purged with fire. XD
couple of anne rice's books on the other hand.... >:3
JK!!!

GabrielsThoughts

this was most likely in response to my question of what century they exist in...
   clickity click click click. Quote in personal text is from Walter Bishop of Fringe.

Tsiana

Damaris

Possibly- but they're not good books either.  The writing is subpar, and her understanding and interpretation of teenage angst is annoying at best, bogging down the story with unnecessary character "development."  She focuses on thoughts and feelings that serve to alienate you from the main character, rather than bring you closer to her and her situation.

She's also completely screwed with vampire mythology, and while change is good, the moves she chose were, in a word, ridiculous.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Tsiana

lol
i still stand by the not bad enough to burn down a library XD

Darkmoon

I haven't read them. They were just an easy target and allowed me to, as Gabriel pointed out, show what century they were in.

I could have just as easily have gone with Anne Rice, or the Harry Potter books, or anything written by Danielle Steele. Twilight is just in the public consciousness.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Darkmoon on February 03, 2009, 07:10:52 PM
Twilight is just in the public consciousness.

... and oh, how I wish it weren't so. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Paladin Sheppard

Valynth

Quote from: Damaris on February 03, 2009, 06:18:31 PM
She's also completely screwed with vampire mythology, and while change is good, the moves she chose were, in a word, ridiculous.

I always thought a sparkly man meant something else....

Though it might explain a lot of the angst I've heard about.

Quote from: Darkmoon on February 03, 2009, 07:10:52 PM
Twilight is just in the public consciousness.

Much to humanity's ever last shame.
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Lego3400

I agree with link that it needed to be burnt down.   :wizfire  Reading rainbow is EVIL! Evil I tell you!

Tsiana

Quote from: Lego3400 on February 04, 2009, 11:40:52 AM
I agree with link that it needed to be burnt down.   :wizfire  Reading rainbow is EVIL! Evil I tell you!
Haha yes.. yes it is...

Darkmoon

It inspired me... I dunno to do what, specifically. Probably to sit on the couch, eating cheetos, watching reruns of Reading Rainbow instead of reading.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Emerauld Drathmir

:explosion
*passes the brain bleach all around*

Yes, yes Link needed to burn :wizfire  down the library.

I read them just so the twi-hards would shut up...tried to anyway...the damage to my braincell production made me halt the efforts.

I got more satisfaction reading Anne Rice's ego-tripping then I did the literary diarrhea that made up the Twilight series.  P.N. Elrod and Nigel Bennett have an interesting vampire series if you want to try something different.

Oh, and Darkmoon?  That @#$%^& theme song is still burned into my brain.   
Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

Lego3400

Quote from: Emerauld Drathmir on February 07, 2009, 02:19:12 AM
Oh, and Darkmoon?  That @#$%^& theme song is still burned into my brain.   
Bwhahaha. He has done his job well then :3