When tacos Attack..

Started by Turnsky, January 18, 2009, 08:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Angel

I can't tell what's most amusing about this story. It's all so beautifully ridiculous.  :giggle
The Real Myth of Sisyphus:
The itsy-bitsy spider went up the water spout,
Down came the rain and washed the spider out.
Out came the sun and dried up all the rain,
And the itsy-bitsy spider went up the spout again...
BANDWAGON JUMP!

ShadesFox

See, this is what happens when you don't put the cheese directly on the meat for that melty goodness!
The All Purpose Fox

Brunhidden

well, i side with the mom. one day the kid has to get a wakeup call that in real life being a major dick has consequences. one of which is that nobody will stand up for you, bail you out, and possibly even the facts of life as told by the very amorous cellmate you got paired with
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

superluser

There's a reason why Florida has its own tag on Fark.

Would you like a googolplex (gzipped 57 times)?

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: ShadesFox on January 18, 2009, 10:15:52 PM
See, this is what happens when you don't put the cheese directly on the meat for that melty goodness!

I disagree.

... No, I did NOT make it just for this thread. Christ.

superluser

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on January 19, 2009, 12:09:16 AMI disagree.

I put it on in order of what I want to eat.  Meat first, then cheese.  Then, if I have the inclination, filler.

ShadesFox

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on January 19, 2009, 12:09:16 AM
Quote from: ShadesFox on January 18, 2009, 10:15:52 PM

I disagree.

To back her up, I saw her thing, then I posted here.

This doesn't keep Jig from being wrong and that cheese should be put directly on the meat.
The All Purpose Fox

Kipiru

Well, I haven't actually ever had a taco  :<

superluser

Quote from: Kipiru on January 19, 2009, 01:34:31 AMWell, I haven't actually ever had a taco  :<

Waitwaitwait.

You have to try them.  It's not exactly a delicacy, but it is pretty tasty.

If they don't have taco kits in stores, try this: Get the thinnest, lightest corn (as in maize)-based flatbread that you can.  Hard, soft, whatever.  Put a small amount of cooked ground beef in it, and then cover that with cheese.  If you so desire, you can also add regular fixings like tomatoes, onions, and peppers in as well.  The order is (apparently) open to debate.

Go ahead.  I'll be here when you get back.

Brunhidden

typically when making tacos my wife and i will place the meat on the shell, add the cheese, and then microwave the thing for ten seconds so the dang cheese does not escape us. yes, i took meat directly from the stove and placed it in the microwave, but the sour cream i add cools it down anyways

the only truly odd thing i do about tacos is i don't use tortilla shells- i actually use crepes i make myself. don't knock it till you try it
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

TheDXM

I have a taco and I'm not afraid to use it!

Reese Tora

that is an interesting debate...

We start with a pan of ground beef cooked with some taco sauce and seasoning salt for, well, seasoning, and a tortilla fried until it's got a little crackle in a pan of oil (not so much that you can't fold it over the meat, though)

My dad puts some taco sauce followed by meat, cheese lettuce and tomato, in that order, and avacado if we have some.

My sister puts the cheese on the botom, followed by the meat and whatever other fixings she uses.

I, myself, prefer to place the meat on the tortilla followed by some cheese, and that's all.

(can't recall off hand what my mom does.)

We all have out own preference in construction, but cheese next to meat to melt is shared between all of us.

I don't know if it's becasue of the large hispanic population in SoCal, but you can't find a store that doesn't carry at least corn tortillas.
<-Reese yaps by Silverfox and Animation by Tiger_T->
correlation =/= causation

Kipiru

I may have no experience with tacos, but when it comes to cheese over meat, I'm all for it!  :)

Lysander

I like to have the cheese right on the meat, especially if there are hot beans, for guaranteed melting. Tomatoes go on top of all other vegetables when we have them for the best weight to hold down lettuce and stuff. And If we have guacamole, all the better.  :januscat
TytajLucheek

Kipiru

I've got to stop reading this thread or I'll start foaming at the mouth  :U

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Kipiru on January 19, 2009, 04:33:49 PM

... Not drooling?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Kipiru

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 19, 2009, 06:25:36 PM
Quote from: Kipiru on January 19, 2009, 04:33:49 PM

... Not drooling?

I'm way past drooling! ( you semantic, police dog...box...ermine...thing)

Tiger_T

When I read the title, I immediately thought:

You'll have to play this song and substitute robot by taco.

Cybernetic taco assault!

:rolleyes >:3 :boogie
Tigriel's got a guest:

A Furry fan, that's what I am! - Proud member of the AP-Team. - Avatar Art by INK

Rakala

And that kids, is why you always do what your parents tell you.