2014/01/31 [PF #300] - Winner loses all

Started by ZacAttac21, January 30, 2014, 11:35:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZacAttac21

Congrats on the big three-double-oh Tape, Ren and Merl! :frog1

joshofspam

Yes Indeed! Congratulations are in order for the two of you.

It's actually rather sad as well as funny this page. Not only what is at stake is put to point. But we also see a bit more about these clones mental development. Children....Armed children....Grown armed children. It's funny to watch them argue on who's going to die first, but also kind of sad.

Is this feeling of wanting to throttle Fendrick and the Suddlepaw right or am I over reacting to how these poor people are being used by Fendrick? Seems like Naill feels as bad as I do for these guys.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

maleek

Or...maybe the Subtle Paw sent a loose canon off to be...dismantled by Daryl's clan. I mean, for all intents, a handful of soldiers has a large group of cubi/other beings held hostage, not to mention a god-like being.

Tapewolf

Quote from: joshofspam on January 30, 2014, 11:50:49 PM
Don't forget that it was Ren who brought us the first 200.  Gods willing Merlin will be able to see it through to its conclusion because I really don't want to have to switch artist every 200 pages :P

QuoteIt's actually rather sad as well as funny this page. Not only what is at stake is put to point. But we also see a bit more about these clones mental development. Children....Armed children....Grown armed children. It's funny to watch them argue on who's going to die first, but also kind of sad.

Is this feeling of wanting to throttle Fendrick and the Suddlepaw right or am I over reacting to how these poor people are being used by Fendrick? Seems like Naill feels as bad as I do for these guys.

Yeah.  Originally they were written as disposable mooks, but it's one thing to write about them in the abstract - seeing them brought to life like this does make it rather poignant.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ZacAttac21

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 31, 2014, 04:20:14 AM
Quote from: joshofspam on January 30, 2014, 11:50:49 PM
Don't forget that it was Ren who brought us the first 200.  Gods willing Merlin will be able to see it through to its conclusion because I really don't want to have to switch artist every 200 pages :P
Quote from: Raxuno on January 30, 2014, 11:35:03 PM
Congrats on the big three-double-oh Tape, Ren and Merl! :frog1
Fixed. :P

I considered mentioning him in the first place, but I wasn't sure if he was even around anymore.

joshofspam

I sometimes miss Ren. It seems like at times the forum is a lot more quieter these days.

Ren certainly deserves a hand for getting the comic as far as he did. Hope he's doing okay.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: joshofspam on January 31, 2014, 01:53:04 PM
I sometimes miss Ren. It seems like at times the forum is a lot more quieter these days.
Ren certainly deserves a hand for getting the comic as far as he did. Hope he's doing okay.

Yes, but he doesn't have much time to draw these days, and he seems to have switched interests from DMFA to Ponies.

As for the mental development of the Fox Guards, it's something I've been pondering about a lot.  'Big kids' is actually how Alexsi described Dan and Abel, so who knows.

Madmann135

I find it amusing how a red shirt is lasting longer than elite mooks.

Still I find it annoying how Lord Ikaarion Daryil has yet to do anything impressive despite being a God/Demi-God.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Madmann135 on January 31, 2014, 02:59:05 PM
Still I find it annoying how Lord Ikaarion Daryil has yet to do anything impressive despite being a God/Demi-God.

You're going to like the next few pages, then.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 31, 2014, 03:29:03 PM
Quote from: Madmann135 on January 31, 2014, 02:59:05 PM

You're going to like the next few pages, then.

I was going to say something along the lines of "Patience, grasshopper. The important part of being a Demigod is... PRESENTATION!"; it's all in the timing.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Aurik Marr

There is that, and then theres the fact that Daryil is Daryil. Solving the situation just doesn't seem to be his first priority. I really get the feeling that if he saves the day that it will be a byproduct of his actions.

Raskahn

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Aurik Marr on February 01, 2014, 04:05:56 AM
There is that, and then theres the fact that Daryil is Daryil. Solving the situation just doesn't seem to be his first priority. I really get the feeling that if he saves the day that it will be a byproduct of his actions.

Oh, I think he's more on-the-ball than his PR would have you believe. It won't be a byproduct, but you might _think_ it's a byproduct, if you follow my meaning; wheels within wheels.

Or maybe it's just me whose brain works that way. Xanatos Gambit, etc...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears