2013/07/12 [DMFA #1415] Avoiding the obvious joke about eating him up... opps...

Started by killpurakat, July 11, 2013, 10:40:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

killpurakat

I usually prefer mint chip ice cream, but some cookies 'n' cream does sound appealing right now.

Anybody else think the undead would make soap operas more interesting? I can't stand soap operas, but I'd watch them if they had undead.

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

I myself love Cookies and cream icecream, i get myself a carton every year on my birthday.  :mowcookie
Also the thought of Undead in soaps is interesting though it would make some of the amnesia plots a little more complicated.
Ask not for whom the bell tolls, ask why is that guy holding his ears?

AzureEdge

Best thing about Cookies and Cream Ice Cream? Finding a mostly intact Cookie in it. Second best thing? Cookies and Cream Milkshakes. If Abel Made Milkshakes that looked like him, he'd make a fortune.

Jarin

Sooo... anyone else have to make a sudden emergency store run for cookies'n'cream ice cream?

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

Heh, actually i did... This page of the comic really made me hungry for ice cream.

Starcat5

I would, but the local store isn't open for a few more hours, and by then I'll be working.  :mowsad
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

TacticalError

I just had the Reeses peanut butter cup ice-cream. That stuff tastes so good.

Ganurath

NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

AzureEdge

Quote from: Ganurath on July 12, 2013, 03:10:16 PM
Wait.

Wait, wait, wait.

WAIT.

What're Mab and Wildy doing right now?
Don't give her any ideas for more delays on what is happening at SAIA.

Jasonrevall

I actually tried cookies and cream ice cream because of Abel's nickname and it's now my favorite kind of ice cream. I have a tub in my freezer.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

joshofspam

Undead on T.V., Cookies and Cream ice cream and Abel watching soaps.

Not very much going on this page. But oddly enough, that doesn't make today's page any less interesting. :)
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Jasae Bushae

Quote from: AzureEdge on July 12, 2013, 03:26:22 PM
Wait.

Wait, wait, wait.

WAIT.

You know what we need? Another scene segway to show us what Matilda is up to~ 8D
And one showing us how that buggy reporter is doing~
And perhaps M.A.C.E and Deathbringer~
Oh oh~ Or the opening for Regina's flashback~
I might be a hack writer but thats no reason not to Enjoy writing anyways
http://greenfrostfire.deviantart.com/

thegayhare

Undead... cookies and cream...

I just watched Gingerdead man and now I'm picturing Able as a knife wielding bowl of ice cream

Amber Williams

Wait.

Wait, wait, wait.

WAIT.

TOO LATE  :mwaha

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Jasae Bushae on July 12, 2013, 05:11:48 PM
You know what we need? Another scene segway to show us what Matilda is up to~ 8D

Segue, dammit. It's not a two-wheeled gyroscope.

... Although, given how Ambaargh flits around, that's not entirely inappropriate. :-/
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Xan

Quote from: Amber Williams on July 12, 2013, 08:29:05 PM

I do say you're positively Evil.  >:3

Quote from: Jasae Bushae on July 12, 2013, 05:11:48 PM
And one showing us how that buggy reporter is doing~
And perhaps M.A.C.E and Deathbringer~
Oh oh~ Or the opening for Regina's flashback~

Followed by seven Questions from the Readers. Muahahahahaha... Wait wait, I shouldn't be the one doing the maniacal laughter.

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

Wait.

Wait, wait, wait.

WAIT.

Maybe if we offer her cookies and sacrifice art supplies to her she'll change her mind.  :mowcookie XD But then maybe that is some kinda strange wishful thinking. :P

e_voyager

one thing i've concluded is that most anime i've seen appears to be some sort of soap opera. then again i'm a little foggy on what makes a soap opera an soap opera in the fist place. 
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

lilpuppy23

Quote from: e_voyager on July 13, 2013, 10:39:45 PM
one thing i've concluded is that most anime i've seen appears to be some sort of soap opera. then again i'm a little foggy on what makes a soap opera an soap opera in the fist place. 

I think it has something to do with the series of vaguely connected episodes focusing on the dramatic and emotional relationships between multiple characters. Like Seinfeld or The Big Bang Theory or I Love Lucy.

Oh, also, Laugh tracks. That's a must.

Mind you, I could also be confusing soap operas for something COMPLETELY different, but meh.

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on July 14, 2013, 03:25:44 AM
Quote from: e_voyager on July 13, 2013, 10:39:45 PM

I think it has something to do with the series of vaguely connected episodes focusing on the dramatic and emotional relationships between multiple characters. Like Seinfeld or The Big Bang Theory or I Love Lucy.

Oh, also, Laugh tracks. That's a must.

Mind you, I could also be confusing soap operas for something COMPLETELY different, but meh.
I think your confusing them with sitcoms.

e_voyager

Tenchi Muyo and Marcos strike me as being soap operaish but then so does Yu-gi-oh
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Lurkie

A soap opera is an open-ended serial drama (or melodrama, more likely) television or radio program.  In most shows, dramatic or comedic, when the episode ends everything goes back to normal.  Soaps, on the other hand, don't do that.  They continue the stories over multiple episodes, thus encouraging the listener/viewer to "tune in tomorrow for the next episode of..."  There's a large ensemble cast, and multiple story-lines involving overlapping members of the cast.  Characters come and go, but the stories keep going.  Some story-lines do end, but there are others going on simultaneously that keep the audience hooked.

Soap operas started as radio productions in the 1930s.  They were aired during the daytime hours, usually daily (except weekends), and were aimed at housewives.  They got the name "soap opera" from the fact that they were usually sponsored by soap manufacturers.

Examples would be General Hospital, The Days of Our Lives, Dallas, Peyton Place, and Dark Shadows.  On the other hand, shows like I Love Lucy, Fresh Prince of Bel Air, and The Simpsons are situation comedies.  They're comedies, first off, and they all push the Big Reset Button at the end of each episode.  Story-arc-based shows, like Babylon 5, don't qualify because they have a definite beginning, middle, and end to the story.

Dear old Wikipedia has an article about it.

Soaps can be quite addictive.  Heck, when I was a kid I used to get home from school and turn on Dark Shadows, which was on its original run.  I had to know what Barnabas and that naughty, naughty Angelique were up to!   :bat  I notice that in panel two Abel is getting rather involved.  :-)  BTW, that's one heck of a bowl of ice cream that boy's downing.  If he keeps that up, he's going to be putting on (a lot of) weight.  :pig   Good thing he's a shapeshifter.  :)

(Wow, I didn't expect to write a wall-o-text there.  Oh well.  :-) )
|  Space   ||   Space  ||  It's Hard  ||  A Place  ||  Burma  |
|  is Big  ||  is Dark ||   to Find   ||  to Park  ||  Shave  |

Naldru

Quote from: Kirrin_Shadowclaw on July 13, 2013, 12:34:17 PM
Maybe if we offer her cookies and sacrifice art supplies to her she'll change her mind.  :mowcookie XD But then maybe that is some kinda strange wishful thinking. :P
I thought that tacos were the approved offerings.

The other day, I saw a taco wagon.  The idea was that you would load it with hundreds of tacos and the makings and then tow it to a outdoor party.  Well, wouldn't Amber be an appropriate party?
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Kirrin_Shadowclaw

Better yet, make them Cookie tacos! If made right i'm sure they would be Delicious!