Started by Viaxeiro, April 09, 2012, 07:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viaxeiro

Viaxeiro here, for the Curious, its Galician for Traveler, since i do my fair share of forum hopping, and thought it an apt name for my referral upon this one. And so it was Devised.

So i do bequeath unto yourselves. One new forum goer. Shameless ego stoker, outspoken, well spoken, opinionated, sharp witted, sharper tongued and frivolously silly.

I hope to be as entertaining as possible.

~ Viax

Gabi

Welcome! Are you Galician? My dad is going to visit Galicia soon.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Viaxeiro

Quote from: Gabi on April 09, 2012, 07:38:36 PM
Welcome! Are you Galician? My dad is going to visit Galicia soon.

Its a small world! But alas, i'm not Galician. I am European. But i would like to think my English is good enough to be recognizable as my Mother tongue. I express interest in All language and Travel. and have been to Galicia once before (If your talking about the Spanish province) where i spent time in Ferrol. the Weather is magnífico. and it a wonderful place to reside, and there are some parts of Galacian province that you can truly emerge yourself in Spanish cultures

~Viax

Ignuus66

Quote from: Viaxeiro on April 09, 2012, 07:48:48 PM
Its a small world! But alas, i'm not Galician. I am European. But i would like to think my English is good enough to be recognizable as my Mother tongue. I express interest in All language and Travel. and have been to Galicia once before (If your talking about the Spanish province) where i spent time in Ferrol. the Weather is magnífico. and it a wonderful place to reside, and there are some parts of Galacian province that you can truly emerge yourself in Spanish cultures

~Viax
Heh, I'm a bit of a traveler too!
Everyone on my family was born in a different country/state (1 of my brothers was born in Germany, 1 in the Us East coast, I was born on the west coast) my Father was born in russia (the soviet union back then) and my mother (who is hungarian)
In indonesia. I've already lived on 2 continents, and I'm soon going to live on my third one (we are moving to khazakhstan soon probably) I have 2 mother tounges (English and hungarian) I'm learning german and I'm starting to learn Russian too (might even learn khazak)
And I'm not even 18 yet!

I love traveling!

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy your stay in this forum and have fun in out (mostly) friendly community!

(credit: Gabi)

Gabi

Yes, I was talking about the Spanish province. I'm Argentinean, as are/were my parents, grandparents and even one of my great-grandparents. My older ancestors were from Europe (Russia, Romania and Ukraine). I'm afraid I don't speak many languages. I'm only fluent in Spanish and English, and have a semi-decent grasp of Mandarin Chinese, which I am studying. I can understand some Portuguese and Italian, but not speak them. And I know a few words in Hebrew and Finnish.

littlekreen

Greetings to person whose text I must highlight to read! I am also new recently after lurking about for a while. Do not feed the Kreen, it bites. Gnar. [Insert additional superfluous threatening noises here.]

Viaxeiro

Quote from: Ignuus66 on April 09, 2012, 07:55:37 PM
Heh, I'm a bit of a traveler too!
Everyone on my family was born in a different country/state (1 of my brothers was born in Germany, 1 in the Us East coast, I was born on the west coast) my Father was born in russia (the soviet union back then) and my mother (who is hungarian)
In indonesia. I've already lived on 2 continents, and I'm soon going to live on my third one (we are moving to khazakhstan soon probably) I have 2 mother tounges (English and hungarian) I'm learning german and I'm starting to learn Russian too (might even learn khazak)
And I'm not even 18 yet!

I love traveling!

Anyhow, I hope you enjoy your stay in this forum and have fun in out (mostly) friendly community!

Szia! Szia! here the world continues to shrink! Nagyapam is Hungarian! (My Grandfather) i also know a handful of Polish and Russian

Also, that's quite an achievement for a 17 year old, be proud and grateful. I'm only 19 myself.

Quote from: Gabi on April 09, 2012, 08:06:08 PM
Yes, I was talking about the Spanish province. I'm Argentinean, as are/were my parents, grandparents and even one of my great-grandparents. My older ancestors were from Europe (Russia, Romania and Ukraine). I'm afraid I don't speak many languages. I'm only fluent in Spanish and English, and have a semi-decent grasp of Mandarin Chinese, which I am studying. I can understand some Portuguese and Italian, but not speak them. And I know a few words in Hebrew and Finnish.

En union y libertad, "In Union and Liberty"
Argentina interests me greatly, I'd love to go. My father and Uncle have been to the Falklands as Navy, Unfortunately i'm with the Army at the time of both our nations 'big stick swinging' and i really do hope i get to visit Argentina personally, and not the Falklands due to work. it looks like a beautiful coastline, something i could really go for right now.

It also seems i'm subconsciously drawn to people who study language. only recently i visited a friend down at the University language conference in Winchester, England, the assignments produced were fantastic, and the range of nationalities that attended were beyond the expectations of the university, the Conference went on for three days and i made some great friends, Including the before mentioned Russians. Although Chinese seems a very difficult language to grasp, so i salute your bravery

Quote from: littlekreen on April 09, 2012, 09:18:27 PM
Greetings to person whose text I must highlight to read! I am also new recently after lurking about for a while. Do not feed the Kreen, it bites. Gnar. [Insert additional superfluous threatening noises here.]

Greetings and Salutations Kreen! I apologize, i do love to exhibit and parade the full potency of the English language in an exotic protest to the light bastardization of the language that Modern society has provided the Catalyst for. (For your ease: I basically use allot of fantastic words to counter the fact that most of my generation use slang and cant string a sentence together properly) 

Also apologize for my use of Beige font color, i thought it would be fine due to the background of the forum being white, and most other Forum-goers text being white, virtually the same color. I will keep replys to your font to save my own Bafflement (confusion)

- Gives Cookie - ~ <3

---
~ Viax

Ignuus66

Quote from: Viaxeiro on April 10, 2012, 07:56:29 AM
Szia! Szia! here the world continues to shrink! Nagyapam is Hungarian! (My Grandfather) i also know a handful of Polish and Russian

Also, that's quite an achievement for a 17 year old, be proud and grateful. I'm only 19 myself.

Szia! nem baj ha nem tudsz jól magyarul, nagyon nehéz nyelv, és gyakorlatilag csak magyarországon beszélik.

Also I'm 16, not 17 ;)

Viaxeiro

Quote from: Ignuus66 on April 10, 2012, 08:50:41 AM

Szia! nem baj ha nem tudsz jól magyarul, nagyon nehéz nyelv, és gyakorlatilag csak magyarországon beszélik.

Also I'm 16, not 17 ;)

Csak azt tudom, egy kicsit! (Pronaunced Eck Ki-jeet?) my spelling is atrocious, i don't expect to be correct ~ x
And when you said, im not even 18, i was wrong to assume you were 17! 

My further congratulations too you!

Ignuus66

it's pronounced e-djy ki-chit
(you pronounce the I az you would in machine)

Viaxeiro

Koszonom

Darkmoon

Remember, guys, English is the language of the forum.

Thanks.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

littlekreen

Quote from: littlekreen on April 09, 2012, 09:18:27 PM

Greetings and Salutations Kreen! I apologize, i do love to exhibit and parade the full potency of the English language in an exotic protest to the light bastardization of the language that Modern society has provided the Catalyst for. (For your ease: I basically use allot of fantastic words to counter the fact that most of my generation use slang and cant string a sentence together properly) 

Also apologize for my use of Beige font color, i thought it would be fine due to the background of the forum being white, and most other Forum-goers text being white, virtually the same color. I will keep replys to your font to save my own Bafflement (confusion)

- Gives Cookie - ~ <3

---
~ Viax

The individual forums don't use themes of similar brightness and I have the DMFA skin set to everywhere as I don't like looking at white on black. So the beige on light purple doesn't work terribly well for me that's all.

Beezle Bub

I welcome you as well great traveler, it makes me feel old though. I can only claim credit for English in totality useage, but I've studdied German and Japanese. I've been taught several phrases in (Mexican) Spanish. I'm glad that you have come here to post .
Just because it makes sense doesn't mean it's sane

Gabi

Can you back up your claim of "English in totality usage"? If that is related to the use of English, I fail to see where the credit lies.

Viaxeiro

I feel guilty being labeled as a 'great traveler' I traveled more than most as a kid and escaped to the army as a kid and continued to do so. and have an interest in language and respect the language of others enough to learn it to the level of minor usage in the host country :3

Beezle Bub

Quote from: Gabi on April 11, 2012, 10:06:51 AM
Can you back up your claim of "English in totality usage"? If that is related to the use of English, I fail to see where the credit lies.
Umm...Alright, I just wanted to sound smart. so guilty as charged.  :mowtongue
Just because it makes sense doesn't mean it's sane