12/23/2011 [PF #196] Truth of Cassandra

Started by justacritic, December 23, 2011, 08:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

justacritic

"And from that day on no one believed what she said ever again"
Anyway mid transformations are rather bizarre on the eyes. :mowdizzy

joshofspam

Wow, a story without Casandra getting a beat down from Keaton.

I'm not really sure how many lone stories there have been of Cassandra's. Though I wonder what makes her more nerves and afraid? Being caught sticky fingered by Daryil or being caught sticky fingered by Keaton?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: justacritic on December 23, 2011, 08:30:33 AM
"And from that day on no one believed what she said ever again"

It's more like someone trying to give up smoking or drinking, not so much a compulsive liar.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gabi

~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

justacritic

Fat lot learning the classics did me, no one asks you about Greek myths or Shakesphere in the sciences  :mowsad

llearch n'n'daCorna

In IT, now, they're all over the place.

After all, those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. *ahem*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Naldru

Quote from: justacritic on December 23, 2011, 08:44:33 PM
Fat lot learning the classics did me, no one asks you about Greek myths or Shakesphere in the sciences  :mowsad

Actually, it did help in one regard.  I was always mixing up Uranus and Neptune until I started placing the order based on mythology.  Jupiter, Saturn, and Uranus represented the generations.  (Saturn was Jupiter's father.  Uranus was Saturn's father.)  Neptune and Pluto were Jupiter's brothers.  (Probably conspiring together against Jupiter.) :kittycool
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

llearch n'n'daCorna

See, and here I just learned the sequence of planets.

Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, (asteroids), Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, and then Pluto and Charon and the other not-planets-any-more.

Once you have those, you're set. And it's not like they change (other than Neptune and Pluto, sometimes)
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Okay, status update.  This is a little involved and complicated.

Ren's ISP was responsible for this latest outage and he is (finally) looking to switch provider, hopefully over the next week or so.  While this won't solve other problems that may crop up, it should hopefully improve things generally going forward, or at least give me a better idea of what's happening his end.

That's the good news.  The bad news is that the page still needed some touching up as of last night - he was just too depressed to work on it during the outage and didn't have time yesterday.  His promise was to finish it tonight and send it to me - even if Stream dies again and he has to go to an internet cafe to do it.

Meanwhile, Kipiru offered to draw the new page as a standby in case Ren was off for an extended period of time - I was going to run it a row per week to give Ren time to get back while still slowly advancing the story.  Kipiru's version is now complete.

So the question is, should I run that now and update it with Ren's when it's completed, or should I wait and hope that Ren's able to keep his promise?

Gabi

I suppose it won't hurt to wait until tonight, and then post the filler if Ren hasn't sent you the file.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly