12/12/2011 [DMFA#1270] - Augh. I hink I it my ongue.

Started by llearch n'n'daCorna, December 12, 2011, 03:18:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

llearch n'n'daCorna

Hehehehehehehe.

Oh, Abel. I love your response.

And Ambaaargh, I love the faces Abel is pulling while explaining. Truly excellent.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

LoneHowler

I can almost here the mocking voices he's using.

Well Done Amber you are handling the Asexuality arc very well. I've shared it on AVEN
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

RJ

Gosh, my expression reading this one... I've had those responses too many times to count now. :U

Tapewolf

I really like that middle row.  The expressions are very well done.  I rather like the last panel as well, the shapes in the back of the chairs are a nice touch.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Madd the Sane

The last explanation reminds me of the Little Tales strip about how people keep insisting to the author that she hasn't found the right alcoholic drink, and her responses to that.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

icarus

nail RIGHT ON THE HEAD
those are the top three things you hear as an asexual

generally speaking

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

justacritic

Poor Abel, he's got 99 problems, but a whisk ain't one!

ArchTeryx

What it really came down to was that Abel was expecting Jyrras to patronize him.  All those other "questions" are just people saying "this can't be real, get a clue!" and refusing to put themselves in his shoes.  See it all the time in the Real World, too.

Jyrras just wanted some insight.  A 300-year-old being HAS to have picked up some wisdom, right?  And he was bang-on; Abel wasn't used to being asked for his perspective on anything.  :U

Abel was simply accepted for who he was, and treated as if his opinions meant something.  Even with folks as bitter and misanthropic as Abel is, from such things are friendships born.

Shachza

And this is why I don't talk to anyone about my own relationships.  Not because I'm afraid of whisks, though after Abel I might now be, but because the conversation invariably goes more embarrassing that I would care for.

Anyone know if there's an official name for a phobia of whisks?  Now I'm curious.
            <-- #1 that is!

Ellian

Quote from: Shachza on December 12, 2011, 11:36:23 AM
Anyone know if there's an official name for a phobia of whisks?  Now I'm curious.
I guess it's not on the online phobia list. Given that most of the names of other phobias are derived from Greek words, probably finding out if there is a word equivalent to "whisk" in ancient Greek would be the first step.

Surzsha

Would that be the manual whisk or the electronic whisk, because I think the latter could deal some more pain.

Alondro

*Charline de Lyon leers at Abel*  Oh honey, you just haven't found the right demon yet... to tie you down and molesternate you against your will!   :mwaha

Honestly, from what we've seen of demons, Abel had better never mention 'asexual' to any of them!  

And prolly not a good idea to mention it to Kitty or Destania either...   :U
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

joshofspam

I can only imagine who asked the last one.

After all, we know how Aary felt about him in Abel's side story arc and it sounds like something Aary would say.

Also love Abel's response to that. >:3
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Lorien077

The middle row is classic.  I'm gonna have to use the whisk line next time.

My favorite one is 'You had no right to marry your husband.'  That's always cute.
You have my permission not to love me; I am a cathedral of deadbolts and I'd rather burn myself down than change the locks.

My scribbles: http://lorien077.deviantart.com/

Stig Hemmer

One of the reasons Abel hung out with Mink so much might be that they would never ask any of those questions.
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

Lorien077

Good point Stig.  Or at least be open minded about it, Mink strikes me as the sort.
You have my permission not to love me; I am a cathedral of deadbolts and I'd rather burn myself down than change the locks.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Lorien077 on December 12, 2011, 06:04:54 PM
My favorite one is 'You had no right to marry your husband.'  That's always cute.

Er... isn't that between you and your husband, though? What right have _they_ to judge you and/or your SO?

icarus

if it's one things people who aren't heterosexual learn, it's that MANY folks seem to think they have the right to tell you if you should/shouldn't be with your partner.

though in retrospect, i'm sure many heterosexuals have to endure that too...

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Lorien077

To be fair I think there's just a handful of really vocal bigots who ruin things for everyone fairly universally. 

The trouble was I was on deviantart's 'Help with Life' forum trying to advise someone who thought she might be asexual about relationships and things went downhill from there courtesy of the peanut gallery.

On a more directly comic relavant note that I forgot to mention it was really cool to see the difference between the comic with flat colors and the final product.  Amber is quite clever with night-time coloring/ effects. :)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Lorien077 on December 13, 2011, 06:26:00 PM
To be fair I think there's just a handful of really vocal bigots who ruin things for everyone fairly universally. 

The trouble was I was on deviantart's 'Help with Life' forum trying to advise someone who thought she might be asexual about relationships and things went downhill from there courtesy of the peanut gallery.

Oh, wow. I'm glad to hear you were helping, and sorry to hear the peanut gallery ruined it for you. Did the person you were trying to help at least get some sort of peace and understand out of it?

Actually, did you, as well? I mean, that sort of criticism is just not on, in my opinion. I'm allowed to state my opinion, and you're allowed to be offended by it, but, as someone wrote once, my right to wave my fist around stops at the point where your nose begins. So... as I see it, while I have the _right_ to an opinion, I do _not_ have the right to offend you with it. And you have just as much right to an opinion about it as I do, and just as much right to live your life uninterrupted by moronic meatheads.

And therein lies the trick. :-/

Quote from: Lorien077 on December 13, 2011, 06:26:00 PM
On a more directly comic relavant note that I forgot to mention it was really cool to see the difference between the comic with flat colors and the final product.  Amber is quite clever with night-time coloring/ effects. :)

Indeed. I've been waiting for the flat strips to be updated, purely so I can see the difference. And admiring the difference on the newer strips, too. Awe and struck, indeed.

Lorien077

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 13, 2011, 06:46:44 PM
Oh, wow. I'm glad to hear you were helping, and sorry to hear the peanut gallery ruined it for you. Did the person you were trying to help at least get some sort of peace and understand out of it?

Actually, did you, as well? I mean, that sort of criticism is just not on, in my opinion. I'm allowed to state my opinion, and you're allowed to be offended by it, but, as someone wrote once, my right to wave my fist around stops at the point where your nose begins. So... as I see it, while I have the _right_ to an opinion, I do _not_ have the right to offend you with it. And you have just as much right to an opinion about it as I do, and just as much right to live your life uninterrupted by moronic meatheads.

And therein lies the trick. :-/

The trouble was her boyfriend was getting more physical with her and she didn't like it, and said she'd rather just skip that part more or less.  My suggestion was that she and her boyfriend talk it out to see if they could still be happy together or not, but I have no idea if it reached her through the flames.  DA's favorite opinion seems to be 'you must bonk like bunnies or you are ebil'.  (No I don't get it.)

And I suppose the situation did strengthen an understanding of mine... just a really negative one. 

llearch n'n'daCorna

That's a shame.

While I'm all for the bonking like bunnies *grin*, mutual consent is critical. And if you mutually consent to not bonk at all, who am I to judge? If it makes you happy, go for it.

*sigh* Some people.

Ghostwish

I'll just add my shavings off a fake copper here..

One of the things that steadily drove me to realize I'm asexual is our society's absolute, and I mean -absolute-, obsession with sex. Like it's supposed to be the culmination of our very existence or some such. And yet, more often than not, these very same people are infuriated with the 'notion' that we are primates, and only a short throw from chimps, which would explain this large sweeping notion that sex is our purpose. Really? I mean, really now?

Don't mind that loud thunking noise. That's my faith in humanity falling another bar.

Now back to a far more important topic. Praising Amber!

Abel's expressions are spot on, and I too can just hear the sarcastic lean in his imitations. His statement concerning old folks citing that people are jerks is spot on with something I'd expect a three century sentient to say. I love this comic more and more with each panel. ^_^

justacritic

Poor, poor Amber sorry for contributing to your workload. All that you receive in return is the adoration of the masses

Mao

Quote from: Ghostwish on December 14, 2011, 11:37:44 AM

One of the things that steadily drove me to realize I'm asexual is our society's absolute, and I mean -absolute-, obsession with sex. Like it's supposed to be the culmination of our very existence or some such. And yet, more often than not, these very same people are infuriated with the 'notion' that we are primates, and only a short throw from chimps, which would explain this large sweeping notion that sex is our purpose. Really? I mean, really now?

Don't mind that loud thunking noise. That's my faith in humanity falling another bar.

Try to keep the inflammatory stuff to a minimum, ok?  Particularly with generalizations like that.  These are some sensitive topics and there's no need to start something here, particularly something that is pretty far from the comic.

Ghostwish

Quote from: Mao Laoren on December 14, 2011, 10:19:22 PM
Quote from: Ghostwish on December 14, 2011, 11:37:44 AM

Try to keep the inflammatory stuff to a minimum, ok?  Particularly with generalizations like that.  These are some sensitive topics and there's no need to start something here, particularly something that is pretty far from the comic.

Mm, sorry, I guess that was a one-way ticket to the tinfoil tearoom waiting to happen, wasn't it?

icarus

let's all talk about something extra positive instead

like the folds on the backs of the chairs. particularly abel's. that stuff isn't easy to draw, and it looks awesome.

justacritic

Perfectly true it's things of that nature that makes Amber's comic's really nice to read

Lorien077

And also how awesome the pages updated with the lighting effects look! Amber did a great job with the glowing screen.  And the way the fluff on Jyrras's ears catches the light.  (I'm a sucker for well done lighting ;; )

(Also sorry to all for sending the thread in a tin-foil-y direction, it was not my intent)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Glowing screen? I missed that. *pages back*

Too busy concentrating on 1267 onwards. Wow. That's so cool. And so well done, it just fits in with the lighting as I expect it to work, so I didn't even notice it.

I do like how the light reflecting off of Abel's face stops when he closes the laptop. That's very well done.

(also, wasn't you, but thanks for the apology. *grin*)