Well now...

Started by DigitalMan, September 29, 2010, 09:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigitalMan

~DigitalMan arises from a lengthy slumber, cracking his knuckles, and then his shoulders, and then his neck, and then probably a few other joints he doesn't even know the names of.

It has been a while...

Though, not that long. Did you folks have a database crash, or was someone subtly telling me not to come back? ;)

Damaris

We clear out the member database regularly.  Anyone who hasn't logged in for one year, then pffth.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

DigitalMan

Hmm, unique maintenance techniques. Could I at least have my post history back, please? I'd run the query myself, but I doubt you're going to randomly give me write access to your DB tables.

Unless you are.

But probably not.

Darkmoon

I really doubt we have that data anymore. Best suggestion is to log in every three months. You don't have to do anything, but you have to let the database know you're still alive.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Oh, we've got it (or at least can generate it), but no, we're not going to give you access to it.

If we did, you'd have access to everyone else's personal mesesages as well. I don't know about Darkmoon, but I don't like you enough for that. Heck, I don't like Darkmoon enough for that. Damaris, maybe, but not Darkmoon...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

I don't like me enough for that either.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

DigitalMan

Oh good, there is a technical administrator here! For a while I actually did think Darkmoon was in charge of that. Scary stuff, yeah? :P

You could do an UPDATE on the forum posts table, SET posterId = 2547 WHERE guestName = 'DigitalMan'. (No guarantees on the column names, SMF is remarkably secretive about that - from the looks of it, they really don't expect anyone to even look at the DB's.) It'd probably require updating the post count on this account via standard COUNT(*) query as well, though a basic forum search puts that at 184 now...

Buuut that's just if you're really bored or something. I'm sure you've got better things to do, so I won't press the issue.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I could. As I said, I don't like Darkmoon enough to go do that for him. You, I don't know enough. And, as Darkmoon said, if you've not been here for a year, you're not really that interested.

Also, the count would have to be somewhat more specific, since at least two of the fora don't get counted. And while I'm curious about the database structure, and willing to go have a look, I don't think it's a good policy to go making changes like that.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears