The Last Airbender (We can only hope)

Started by Alondro, July 03, 2010, 12:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drayco84

Quote from: Alondro on July 13, 2010, 07:24:05 PM
Quote from: Jairus on July 13, 2010, 11:19:26 AM
Quote from: Darkmoon on July 13, 2010, 08:58:10 AM
But girls like sparkles and girls like vampires so vampires should sparkle.
I think we should all count ourselves lucky Edward didn't ride everywhere on a unicorn. Think of what that would have done to the genre.
An angsty, brooding, 108-year old sparkling virgin vampire riding on a unicorn?
It must be drawn.
And then apply rule 34 and furries... *Drayco84 shoots Alondro.*
NO. Just... HELL NO. Seriously, there's already Rule 34 vampires. (Duh, they were originally heavily involved in eroticism.) There's already Rule 34 werewolves, and don't ask me HOW I know, but there's already Rule 34 unicorns.
Combine all of those and what do you get? Somebody wrapping you up in duct tape and shipping you gift-wrapped to the local Rehab center for hallucinogen addicts.

In other news, I feel like I should go see this movie BEFORE watching the series. (Hey, it would've made the Eragon movie tolerable if I had watched the [Censored] movie before reading the awesome book first... Maybe... Okay, probably not.)

Darkmoon

You are allowed to cuss in this section of the forum.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Drayco84

The [Censored] thing? I just couldn't think up anything fitting.

Darkmoon

"ass raping, testicle shitting, mother fucking, cock sucking, malformed abomination of a"

Drayco84

Well, I suppose that I could've said that the only thing Fox used the book for was toilet paper, or gave it the 4KIDS treatment. (I take it that I wasn't the only one who hated what they did to the book...)

Regardless, I didn't want to start comparing the Avatar movie to the blasphemies that other companies have produced. (Mostly because I'm not familiar with the source/inspirational material, nor the movie in question.)

Sofox

Quote from: Darkmoon on July 14, 2010, 01:15:38 AM
"ass raping, testicle shitting, mother fucking, cock sucking, malformed abomination of a"

Other mods discourage swearing, this mod offers suggestions...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Personally, I felt the book (Eragon) wasn't great. It passed the time, but I've read better.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

Quote from: Sofox on July 14, 2010, 08:41:09 AM

This section isn't PG. And I like people to be themselves. ;)

Jairus

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 14, 2010, 09:00:37 AM
Personally, I felt the book (Eragon) wasn't great. It passed the time, but I've read better.
Agreed. It was the fantasy equivalent of a summer blockbuster: formulaic, but fun if you turn your brain off for a while.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Caswin

Quote from: Drayco84 on July 13, 2010, 11:32:00 PM
In other news, I feel like I should go see this movie BEFORE watching the series. (Hey, it would've made the Eragon movie tolerable if I had watched the [Censored] movie before reading the awesome book first... Maybe... Okay, probably not.)
You'd probably be better off not watching the movie at all.  It's dangerously close to breaking even as it is and we don't want to send the wrong message.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Mao

Quote from: Sofox on July 14, 2010, 08:41:09 AM

I've got no problem with swearing.. as long as it's not in any of the PG sections.  Like the Arena or Lost Lake (though I'll let a bit go in LL due to the PG/PG13 nature of the section).

Tapewolf

What you don't do is swear in the thread title.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Darkmoon

Drayco84

Quote from: Darkmoon on July 14, 2010, 05:54:08 PM
The Arena is PG? Shit!
What the hell are you worried about? What are the other mods gonna do to you?

So anyway, if anybody starts swearing in the Arena, we can blame it on Darkmoon's bad influence? Excuse me while I go over to there and... Crap, I think the caffeine is wearing-*THUD!*-Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Drayco84 on July 15, 2010, 02:14:07 AM
Quote from: Darkmoon on July 14, 2010, 05:54:08 PM
The Arena is PG? Shit!
What the hell are you worried about? What are the other mods gonna do to you?

Swear at him. And then sic Damaris on him.

Quote from: Drayco84 on July 15, 2010, 02:14:07 AM
So anyway, if anybody starts swearing in the Arena, we can blame it on Darkmoon's bad influence? Excuse me while I go over to there and... Crap, I think the caffeine is wearing-*THUD!*-Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

*blows smoke from the barrel of the dart gun*

Got him. Anyone else wanna swear in the wrong places?

Darkmoon

I looked at the front of the forum. It doesn't say it's PG.

Sofox

Mao

Forum description for the Arena says PG.  Haunted Ballroom is PG-13 (though individual threads may vary if they have the rating in the title).  Lost Lake is PG/PG13...all the rest?  No rating. :3

Corgatha Taldorthar

So, can we have an unrated arena? (I don't mean to change the existing one, but to make a separate one where we can be the filthy perverts that most of us are on the inside :P)
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

VAE

Adult arena?

Reminds me of "adult tax return" from Idiocracy
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Darkmoon

Drayco84

Quote from: Darkmoon on July 15, 2010, 05:22:37 PM
Mother fucker.
Well, that sounds like a "Yes" vote to me!

Quote from: Mao Laoren on July 15, 2010, 12:44:11 PM
Forum description for the Arena says PG.  Haunted Ballroom is PG-13 (though individual threads may vary if they have the rating in the title).  Lost Lake is PG/PG13...all the rest?  No rating. :3
Sooooooo... The Tower of Art is unrated? Holy shit, man! There's people here with minds so perverted that you don't WANT to know what they're thinking! On the other hand, I wonder if I can top a certain uber-fail "adult" fanfic in terms of sheer awfulness... (And I didn't even read all of it!)
What's that, Llearch? You already have another dart loaded in that tranq gun? Sonuvabitch...

Mao

Eh, the rules for the art forum say you have to tag your own stuff.  You post NSFW stuff, you have to at least say so in your title. (thought it's better to tag and only link the image, imho).

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Drayco84 on July 15, 2010, 07:56:49 PM
What's that, Llearch? You already have another dart loaded in that tranq gun? Sonuvabitch...

Belt fed. Your move. ;-]

Draken

Ehhhh....I took my bro to see this movie for his b-day (We are both fans) with my father.  It's not that it's bad its....Boring.  Come to think of it, that's the most infuriating part.  It's just so....boring.

The bending takes too long, and it has nowhere near the amount of power as it ought to have (That much flailing, with just one person, in the cartoon would have caused massive boulders or firestorms to appear).  The actors chose were really wooden, and the constant close-ups to the face pulled the pace to a snail's pace.  Then there's the missing character development.  My father has never seen the show before, but he agrees that it's very noticeable how both too fast and too slow the storyline goes in this "adaptation".  The absolute worst part is Appa.  Don't get me wrong, he looks believeable.  They just tore away his Big Damn Hero moments he was (in)famous for in the show.

All in all, just...bleh.
"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

Pyrofox

I agree. The extensive movements required for the most basic bending was ridiculous. I kept waiting for someone to simply hit the benders over the head while they were in the middle of their bending. As far as the weakness of the bending...the best example of how weak they were was when it took six earth benders to raise one wall of rock to block a fireball. In the show even the weakest earth bender could do that one their own.

Keleth

Beeeeeeetches in a thread.

Stop your swearing or I'll wash your mouth out with soap  >:3
Help! I'm gay!

Darkmoon

Keleth

Help! I'm gay!

llearch n'n'daCorna