[comic] Manifest Destiny - WARNING - RATED MA

Started by JaxiD, July 12, 2009, 06:11:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sofox

I like how the comic is going. I love the use of colour, and it's got my interest so far. The subjective reality thing in the last comic was a bit confusing, but overall I'd like to see more.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: JaxiD on July 30, 2009, 03:04:56 AM
You'll notice I use a lot of close ups.

And profanity. ;-]

Not that I'm complaining, mind. Merely commenting.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 31, 2009, 08:18:56 AM
Quote from: JaxiD on July 30, 2009, 03:04:56 AM
You'll notice I use a lot of close ups.

And profanity. ;-]

Not that I'm complaining, mind. Merely commenting.

Aside from one noticeable swear word in the comic the only thing profane here is your post count, llearch.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mao Laoren on July 31, 2009, 08:35:50 AM
Aside from one noticeable swear word in the comic the only thing profane here is your post count, llearch.

I do what I can.

BTW, two. You need to look closer. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 31, 2009, 08:38:30 AM
Quote from: Mao Laoren on July 31, 2009, 08:35:50 AM

I do what I can.

BTW, two. You need to look closer. ;-]

No doubt.  You do what you can and you do it oh so well.

Anyway..I saw both, I don't consider the first profane in the context. c:  Fair point though.

JaxiD

Ouch. If you think one swearing word and a term considered a swearing word when used in another context is a large use of profanity, later comics will shock you.

Oh and using my left hand for drawing is not hard as I use a computer and so it does not matter if I make a mistake because I can edit it out. Luckily however I also have been work on a few new techniques which should in theory improve this style to some extent, I‘m still not impressed with the look of the comic, it needs to convey more serious.

JaxiD

I need to say there is a small issue preventing my ability to draw right now, other than my arm being broken.

I cannot go into it but I'm technically still an immigrant, the worst case scenario right now being that I could be deported.

Though not wanting to bring anything depressing to the board I have actually kept working on drawing.

I've been focusing on trying to draw the differences in the different races of DMFA and making them strikingly noticeable, so you will be able to look at a certain image of a character and be able to say "Oh yes, that's definitely a Cubi" or demon, or otherwise.

First up, which is a pretty simple race to be able to recognize, the Angels.

Link to Image

Currently I'm looking over the comics I've already done and to be honest I'm thinking about redoing it over from the beginning.

Some people have clued onto the fact that I've been using this thread as a testing ground for deciding the best way to go about making this comic, which is true. I'm trying to push myself to work harder by not falling into false comfort and keep drawing the same thing over and over, I like how my anime style looks like Amber's style, but that causes problems in that it looks too happy for what I'm trying to do and that far too many people have claimed I'm stealing as it is. That's something I don't want to elevate.

haha, this took me half an hour to figure out how to write. X3
So next time I post an image it'll either be the next comic, or the first comic again but drawn differently.

Tapewolf

Quote from: JaxiD on August 16, 2009, 09:01:49 AM
First up, which is a pretty simple race to be able to recognize, the Angels.
Link to Image

He looks happy for the wrong kind of reason to me, but whatever.  Looks nice.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E