08/07/09 [AS2#65] - Perverts

Started by Alondro, August 07, 2009, 02:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lego3400

Quote from: Naldru on August 08, 2009, 10:30:01 PM
As for the reason that the arms and wings are folded the way they are, I suspect that Pai-Gon might have something to do with it.

I feel I should point out abel's story is PG-13. Not PG.

Attic Rat

Okay, here's a thought to bring a shudder: Suppose Abel reshapes a shirt from his hair / fur - and Ms. Oolong steals that!?
I mean, just OW!  :erk

OK, I'll go away now...
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Rafe

Quote from: Rafe on August 08, 2009, 10:03:53 PM
Dammit.
Why are the arms always folded, or the wings in the way or something like that?

Quote from: Lego3400 on August 09, 2009, 12:46:07 PM
As for the reason that the arms and wings are folded the way they are, I suspect that Pai-Gon might have something to do with it.

I guess we'll have to wait for the transition to DMNA: Dan and Mab's Naked Adventures.
(Although I'd rather not see the jaded, nasty Amber which would lead to such a thing.)
Rafe

Joe

Obvious hand waving in 66's last panel.  hehe Kinda like a certain famous Adam, Eve, and Lilith painting where a hand and flower provide convenient cover for an otherwise nude scene.  Does anyone have a link to show what I mean?  (No, the painting isn't naughty)

I imagine the poster wondering why, has never heard of this figure of speech.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 09, 2009, 05:35:21 AM
Quote from: ChaosMageX on August 09, 2009, 05:16:55 AM
I still say that this addition/reduction in mass due to either density fluctuation, or...
It might be rapid, magically induced cell reproduction and elimination. 
Perhaps innate magics allow creatures like dragons and cubi to draw matter from the environment around them or from a separate pocket dimension to fuel rapid cell reproduction to increase their mass, and then kill off these cells and convert them back into raw materials in their pocket dimension for later re-growth.

Or maybe I'm just over-thinking things a little too much. XD

Either way, the point is the T1000 cannot do these things  >:3

Orly?  Who's says a T1000 can't fluctuate their density and add air pockets within themselves to vary their size?
They could even hide weapons within themselves that way.

Another creative way for them to add/remove mass would be to literally consume new metal and defecate slag...at least that's how my character that's based off a T1000 does it.

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaosMageX on August 10, 2009, 01:49:06 PM
Orly?  Who's says a T1000 can't fluctuate their density and add air pockets within themselves to vary their size? 
Another creative way for them to add/remove mass would be to literally consume new metal and defecate slag...at least that's how my character that's based off a T1000 does it.

Granted they may be able to spread themselves out and get bigger and ingesting more of their substance might work, but the film (Terminator 2) quite clearly says that they are not capable of reducing their size.  Whether 'Cubi can do this is unclear, though Aary's poodle trick (if canon) would tend to suggest they can.
At the end of the day, the question was whether a 'Cubi or a T1000 would be a better shapeshifter, and to be blunt, I'd put more money on the magical one than the one which is coupled - at least in a token sense - to the laws of physics.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 10, 2009, 02:12:41 PM
Quote from: ChaosMageX on August 10, 2009, 01:49:06 PM
Orly?  Who's says a T1000 can't fluctuate their density and add air pockets within themselves to vary their size?  

Granted they may be able to spread themselves out and get bigger and ingesting more of their substance might work, but the film (Terminator 2) quite clearly says that they are not capable of reducing their size.  Whether 'Cubi can do this is unclear, though Aary's poodle trick (if canon) would tend to suggest they can.
At the end of the day, the question was whether a 'Cubi or a T1000 would be a better shapeshifter, and to be blunt, I'd put more money on the magical one than the one which is coupled - at least in a token sense - to the laws of physics.

Well, the fifth terminator film will settle many of these questions once and for all, but from the hints I've heard dropped so far by James Cameron, they're essentially made out of metallic equivalents of living cells, so ingesting more metal would allow addition of mass.
And in regards to creating an artificial cubi, I've had plans for something like that long before reading DMFA, back when I was working out a machine super-intelligence that brainwashed organics and controlled them as an army through psionics.

EDITED TO ADD:
Quote from: Wikipedia link=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terminator_5#Planned_sequels
I like the idea and the perspective for the next picture that you meet Robert Patrick the way he looks today, and he's a scientist that's working on, you know, improving cell replication so we can stay healthier and we can cure diabetes and do all these things that sound like good ideas, and to once again live as idealized expressions as ourselves.

Icon by Sunblink

Roxance

you do got a point. i remember abel telling dan that his mom taught him how to rape  o///o

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Roxance on August 12, 2009, 11:22:54 PM
you do got a point. i remember abel telling dan that his mom taught him how to rape  o///o

Really? I don't remember Abel saying that. Could you provide a link?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Naldru

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Naldru on August 13, 2009, 04:22:42 AM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 13, 2009, 03:24:29 AM
Quote from: Roxance on August 12, 2009, 11:22:54 PM

Really? I don't remember Abel saying that. Could you provide a link?
Abel said that she taught rape, torture, and murder.  He didn't say that she taught it to him.  It depends on whether it was a required course.

I'm now fairly certain that both Aaryanna and Destania are dominatrices (plural of dominatrix).

And you know what's really creepy?  What if Dan's father had a fetish for that sort of thing?  What if that's why he married her?

Can you imagine him saying something like

"Yeah, come on, spank me, whip me, violate me with a broken wine bottle!"

*shudders* What if Dan walked in on that one time as a child?  That could be why he has an odepian view of his mother. *shudders again* Both he and his father want to be dominated.

Icon by Sunblink

Corgatha Taldorthar

Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Janus Whitefurr

This post has been brought to you by Bond. Janus Bond. And the Agency™. And possibly spy cameras.

Jairus

Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on August 13, 2009, 07:51:00 PM
Quote from: ChaosMageX on August 10, 2009, 02:51:18 PM
Well, the fifth terminator film

:<

:cry
:hug Shhhh... it's okay, it's okay. You'll always have the first two movies, right? No matter how bad the fifth movie is, it can never take away those memories.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Jairus on August 13, 2009, 08:43:21 PM
Quote from: Janus Whitefurr on August 13, 2009, 07:51:00 PM
Quote from: ChaosMageX on August 10, 2009, 02:51:18 PM
Well, the fifth terminator film

:<

:cry
:hug Shhhh... it's okay, it's okay. You'll always have the first two movies, right? No matter how bad the fifth movie is, it can never take away those memories.

Yeah, the fourth movie, despite it's phenomenal effects, sucks epicly, and I haven't even seen it yet, but I know it sucks because of the bad reviews its been getting and the fact that it doesn't have Arnold in it.

But hey, the fifth movie will at least have Robert Patrick in it, so it hopefully won't suck as much.

Also, what about the third movie and the TV series?  What did you think of them?

Icon by Sunblink

!KCA

A fifth movie? When did they make a fourth?

ChaosMageX

Icon by Sunblink

Alterationartist

Round 9!

ishidan

Quote from: ChaosMageX on August 13, 2009, 11:19:01 PM
Quote from: !KCA on August 13, 2009, 11:04:11 PM
A fifth movie? When did they make a fourth?

Watch this.
Yah.
T1 = Terminator
T2= Judgment Day
T3= Rise of the Machines
T4= Salvation

And the only constant in the movies is terminal retardation on the part of Skynet.
First movie:  knows the target is Sarah Connor, but somehow forgets to get a record of what 'Sarah Connor' looks like, or her pre-pregnancy address.  Terminator resorts to looking up the name in the phone book and killing everybody with that name.  Of course he gets the wrong one a couple times, so it's not long before word gets out of a serial killer chasing women with the name Sarah Connor, which puts the one that counts on the run.
Second movie:  Target is John Connor as a boy.  This time Skynet remembers to get a visual dossier on the target, but its assassin spends most of its time in a shape that would immediately send John Connor, Juvenile Delinquent running in the opposite direction no matter what:  a cop.  Movie would have been over in the arcade scene if the T-1000 had thought for a second, shifted into the shape of 'some guy he saw in the hallway' (termination of the template is standard practice, but not required.  The one time he forgets...is when he should have done so, as in just before impersonating Sarah in the steel mill), and advanced as if he was just coming over to ask if he could have a turn playing that game-instead of standing out by bulldozing kids out of the way.  Likewise, there was no need to keep using the Robert Patrick shape once it was compromised.
Third movie:  Target is John Connor as a young man.  Seriously, WTF happened here?  T-X should have been able to disable a mere T-800 series with ease.  Ultra advanced artificial intelligence...built in arsenal of superweapons...complete schematics of the T-800 series, therefore including performance limitations and design flaws...can't shoot worth a damn.
Fourth movie:  Target is Kyle Reese before he gets sent back in time.  Using a super advanced model terminator that doesn't even know he's a terminator, and certainly doesn't know the reason for his creation is to kill Kyle Reese (in fact, he thinks he's a man who was executed for murder twenty years prior).  The rest of the plotline here is so confused that you have to see it to believe it.

Rakyth

Quote from: ChaosMageX on August 09, 2009, 05:16:55 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on August 08, 2009, 12:49:07 PM
Quote from: ChaosMageX on August 08, 2009, 11:41:57 AM
Give me an example of that?  I've never seen a cubi violating that law and remembered it.

In strip 498, Aary turns into a feral poodle.  In strip 291 she appears to have increased the size of her wings, particularly when she does the tentacle-attacks on Dan later.
Dark Pegasus is able to change the size of his wings according to his bio.  He's not a 'Cubi, but if he can do it I doubt a properly-trained 'Cubi would have much trouble.
In 973, Dan's wings and tentacles have a combined area far greater than that in previous pages.

Granted, the Aary-poodle might be one of those cases where physics takes a back seat for the punchline, and granted some of it might be continuity errors, but it looks to me very much like they're able to add/remove mass at will.

I still say that this addition/reduction in mass due to either density fluctuation, or...

It might be rapid, magically induced cell reproduction and elimination. 
Perhaps innate magics allow creatures like dragons and cubi to draw matter from the environment around them or from a separate pocket dimension to fuel rapid cell reproduction to increase their mass, and then kill off these cells and convert them back into raw materials in their pocket dimension for later re-growth.

Or maybe I'm just over-thinking things a little too much. XD

It's the latter, because it would be very hard to quickly assemble a trillion odd cells consciously.

Remember how Abel said that while you COULD use Magic to create something, it would still take about as much time and skill to do it yourself.

And so, creating life-even if it just adding onto themselves-would be nigh impossible, eh?

Rakyth

Quote from: Rafe on August 09, 2009, 05:21:23 PM
Quote from: Rafe on August 08, 2009, 10:03:53 PM
Dammit.
Why are the arms always folded, or the wings in the way or something like that?

Quote from: Lego3400 on August 09, 2009, 12:46:07 PM

I guess we'll have to wait for the transition to DMNA: Dan and Mab's Naked Adventures.
(Although I'd rather not see the jaded, nasty Amber which would lead to such a thing.)

Haha.

"UGH! The nuclear war drove the price of gas up to 30$ a gallon! >_<"
*Massive fundraiser so the Amber can drive*
"Ughhh now I have to work on drawing *private* anatomy, what was I thinking?"

...Wait that sounds shockingly familiar to a certain Amber and a certain backstory (:V)