Trying to start reading up on this again.

Started by ilpalazzo, May 31, 2009, 09:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ilpalazzo

Is there a way I can learn whats happened since I've stopped reading or would it just be easy start reading all over again.

Darkmoon

I'd have to know where you left off, first...
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Destina Faroda

Um...if you're catching up, shouldn't you read the comic over again so you don't miss anything?
Sig coming...whenever...

bradypodidae

Quote from: Destina Faroda on June 01, 2009, 08:47:41 AM
Um...if you're catching up, shouldn't you read the comic over again so you don't miss anything?
That would be best IMO, however, at the prodigious rate the comic updates, you had best start soon and not dally; or there will be TWO-thousand strips to get through before you know it...
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Darkmoon

Seth C Triggs

I would definitely recommend starting over and reading from there for best context.

I have to admit that because of the large number of stories and plot elements, I can't remember anything. So it was good for me that I never stopped!

-Seth
BIBP Webcomic - bizarre and NSFW - http://www.bibp.com

Darkmoon

Occasionally I have to go back and reread chunks, as there's so much going on in some areas I can't remember it all.

bradypodidae

Quote from: Darkmoon Firelyte on June 05, 2009, 04:01:38 PM
Occasionally I have to go back and reread chunks, as there's so much going on in some areas I can't remember it all.
WHAT! You mean to tell me you don't have finely crafted outlines of each story arc carefully detailing the events and interactions of the main characters? And copious amounts of notes describing each character's personalities and the past events that shaped the personalities? What about a storyboard, you do that, right? Do you mean to insinuate that you *GASP* make it up as you go? Shoot from the hip? Draw on the fly? <insert tired cliche here>?  :U

Quote from: Darkmoon Firelyte on June 01, 2009, 07:39:44 PM
<_<

What? I can't help if I'm prolific...
All in all, it makes what you are doing a tad more impressive.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on June 05, 2009, 04:22:30 PM
Do you mean to insinuate that you *GASP* make it up as you go? Shoot from the hip? Draw on the fly? <insert tired cliche here>?  :U

No, I'm pretty sure he doesn't insert anything anywhere.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on June 05, 2009, 04:22:30 PM
Quote from: Darkmoon Firelyte on June 05, 2009, 04:01:38 PM
WHAT! You mean to tell me you don't have finely crafted outlines of each story arc carefully detailing the events and interactions of the main characters? And copious amounts of notes describing each character's personalities and the past events that shaped the personalities? What about a storyboard, you do that, right? Do you mean to insinuate that you *GASP* make it up as you go? Shoot from the hip? Draw on the fly? <insert tired cliche here>?  :U

Plainly, someone hasn't read the FAQ I have up on the site. ;)

Yeah, I don't like a lot of notes. I just tend to improv the things.

Damaris

He does have chunks planned out though.  I find asking about his planned storylines a good way to beat insomnia... ;)

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber