On the subject of new beginnings, Orion A. Dezagrats!

Started by Orion Asmodeus Dezagrats, December 23, 2008, 12:32:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orion Asmodeus Dezagrats

Greetings! My name(alias) is Orion, and I'd just like to start off by saying...

...I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing here.

That off my chest, I'd also like to say that I hope to have a wonderful time with you all. And avoid getting on your bad sides, as I still don't know what to make of that Bestiary*.

One other thing... Whoever did the Rules page made it an absolute delight to read. :) The little comments didn't too heavily detract from the laws being laid down, if at all(unlike some others I've read before.)

And so, without any further digression...
...I sleep, and hope to see something tomorrow. :B

Still working on profile,
--Orion

*Bestiary referenced is currently stickied somewhere above this thread in The Villa. If a link is really necessary... Here.
http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,5364.0.html
"There are things in life that we hold dear... Truths that we learn almost since the day we are born... beliefs that are solid as stone .... Then the wind blows a direction it cannot and certainty becomes an echo, and truth is sometimes deceiving."                          --Melpomene, Clan of the Cats

Colgatecrusader

it is my pleasure to be the first to welcome you to the forums
So:

Is your username inspired off of the actual orion galaxy or the video game?
I'm just really loyal to my brand... what can I say? Dental Hygiene is important.

llearch n'n'daCorna

It's a pleasant change to run across someone who actually reads the rules...

Welcome to our little corner of the internet. Try not to get any on your shoes...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Orion Asmodeus Dezagrats

Quote from: scorpio803 on December 23, 2008, 01:02:45 AM
Is your username inspired off of the actual orion galaxy or the video game?

Well, originally I simply thought the name was cool. But upon thinking about it, I suppose I really derived it from 'Orion's Belt' from the movie "Men in Black (MIB)". I hadn't really registered any constellations as being of importance until that time, I suppose, and Orion sounded like a really awesome name, so...

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 23, 2008, 05:35:04 AM
It's a pleasant change to run across someone who actually reads the rules...

Welcome to our little corner of the internet. Try not to get any on your shoes...

Well, I like to think that there are things that I simply need to read to get along well without any problems. The fact that the little comments made me smile was a bonus.

Oh and uh, I don't wear shoes. :B At Least not when I'm home. Hehe.

Only about 37% awake,
--Orion
"There are things in life that we hold dear... Truths that we learn almost since the day we are born... beliefs that are solid as stone .... Then the wind blows a direction it cannot and certainty becomes an echo, and truth is sometimes deceiving."                          --Melpomene, Clan of the Cats

Corgatha Taldorthar

Oh good, someone who already realizes the insanity com "Welcome To The Forum, And Have A Nice Day!" ing in. Glad to meet you *offers hand*
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Orion Asmodeus Dezagrats

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on December 23, 2008, 11:07:36 AM
Oh good, someone who already realizes the insanity com "Welcome To The Forum, And Have A Nice Day!" ing in. Glad to meet you *offers hand*
*Takes hand and shakes, then proceeds to disinfect own hand.*

Glad to meet you, too. ...I think.

Still trying to find an opportunity to post outside this thread, though. Kind of hard finding the right moment to just jump right in, y'know...

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Lysander

Probably the easiest place to post would be in the Arena with no real topic subjects going on, mostly ideas that people run with. With that typed, this one welcomes thee to this interesting place.   :januscat
TytajLucheek

Mao

Quote from: Orion Asmodeus Dezagrats on December 23, 2008, 10:07:00 AM
Well, originally I simply thought the name was cool. But upon thinking about it, I suppose I really derived it from 'Orion's Belt' from the movie "Men in Black (MIB)". I hadn't really registered any constellations as being of importance until that time, I suppose, and Orion sounded like a really awesome name, so...

indeed it is...

Welcome aboard.  We're all liars and thieves here so take care.  Particularly that llearch guy.  I heard him plotting against you just the other day, honest.

Orion Asmodeus Dezagrats

Quote from: Darkmoon on December 23, 2008, 11:34:58 AM
Not really, no.

Well, I respect your opinion, but I can't say I agree. For people like me, who try a tad bit too hard to make a good impression, it does indeed become difficult to find somewhere where it's easy to really leave the introductions and move into becoming a regular person in a different area.

Quote from: Lysander on December 23, 2008, 11:45:05 AMWith that typed, this one welcomes thee to this interesting place.

Thanks! I hope we get along well. :)

Quote from: Mao Laoren on December 23, 2008, 01:20:21 PM
Welcome aboard.  We're all liars and thieves here so take care.  Particularly that llearch guy.  I heard him plotting against you just the other day, honest.

I'll keep that in mind when dealing with you in the future. >:D Also, hello.

Suwako

Quote from: Orion Asmodeus Dezagrats on December 23, 2008, 01:26:03 PM
Quote from: Darkmoon on December 23, 2008, 11:34:58 AM
Not really, no.

[yada yada yada] For people like me, who try a tad bit too hard to make a good impression, [ yada yada yoda the green space troll! )

Impressions are overrated!

I rated them a 3 on a scale of 1 to 10000000000000

because I could.

Orion Asmodeus Dezagrats

Colgatecrusader

I could really use that IQ point you know. just kidding...
I'm just really loyal to my brand... what can I say? Dental Hygiene is important.

Suwako

Quote from: scorpio803 on December 24, 2008, 12:05:51 AM

You are just jealous of my in-tel-lect.

No cookie for you  :<

Colgatecrusader

Faerie Alex

Quote from: Aiyno on December 24, 2008, 12:43:43 AM
Quote from: scorpio803 on December 24, 2008, 12:05:51 AM

You are just jealous of my in-tel-lect.

No cookie for you  :<

I have an in-tel. But I don't think I've got a lect though.

And, since I guess I haven't said it yet, be welcomed!
Jeez I need to update this thing.

LionHeart

*appears in a flash of blue light*

Welcome, new person, to this place - a dimension of sight and sound, but mostly of mind.

Please leave your remaining sanity (if any) in the storage area provided, and hang on to your claim ticket.

Nothing wrong with having no idea what you're doing - most of us have no idea what we're doing, so you should fit right in. You've read the rules, so you should be okay.

Have a welcome gift. *gives the new person a souvenir coffee mug* Watch out for llearch trying to claim it as his - his is easily recognised by the fungus growing on it, which will be signing up for an account on here any day now. (In fact, it's a good idea to watch out for llearch anyway, on general principles.)

Have fun, and don't take anything here (except the rules, of course) too seriously.

*waves, and vanishes in a shower of coloured sparkles*
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Tapewolf

Welcome aboard.  As llearch said, we have a surprising number of people who don't read the rules, so it's nice to see someone who did without being prompted  :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Darkmoon on December 24, 2008, 10:46:56 AM
We're still trying to get Zina to read them...

Does that mean she's been enforcing her own special rules?   :dface

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears