2019-03-13 [DMFA #1909] - The perfect place

Started by Tapewolf, March 13, 2019, 06:41:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

It also helps that Dan and Aary would look roughly student-age.  I'd be a little worried about the staff, though... Aary's outfit is a little noticeable.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Rafe

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 13, 2019, 06:41:27 AM
It also helps that Dan and Aary would look roughly student-age.  I'd be a little worried about the staff, though... Aary's outfit is a little noticeable.

Nah, They'd just be assumed to be Fine Arts or Theater majors.
Rafe

MT Hazard

I think this is only the second time we've seen Arry without wings, and all the other times she looked completely different.

It also seems that she is using the same logic as cops shows do when they discuss cases in the middle of a cafe/dinner, that no one will listen to them as they are too busy doing their own thing.

I do wonder if Arry is considering 'doing her part' to rebuild Cyra clan, despite her disdain for Dan. Cyra may assume that's what's happening anyway.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

AzureEdge

Kazy

Quote from: MT Hazard on March 13, 2019, 09:10:07 AM
I do wonder if Arry is considering 'doing her part' to rebuild Cyra clan, despite her disdain for Dan. Cyra may assume that's what's happening anyway.

...I'd ship it.

Rafe

I suppose it is up to Dan to do something to rebuild his clan, so the more females involved the better. Maybe he should propose getting Aary involved in this endeavor as a condition of seeing Cyra. Maybe Cyra will propose it herself.  If that kind of strategy would work for Aniz (minus the death threats and deception) maybe it would work for Dan. "I'm desperately trying to rebuild my clan" might be a workable pickup line for Cubi.
Rafe

Tapewolf

Quote from: Rafe on March 14, 2019, 06:47:56 AM
I suppose it is up to Dan to do something to rebuild his clan, so the more females involved the better. Maybe he should propose getting Aary involved in this endeavor as a condition of seeing Cyra. Maybe Cyra will propose it herself.  If that kind of strategy would work for Aniz (minus the death threats and deception) maybe it would work for Dan. "I'm desperately trying to rebuild my clan" might be a workable pickup line for Cubi.

I was going to query whether Matilda would go for it, since if she did fall out with Dan, she could end him with a single call to Hizell's realm.
But then I remembered that her race tends to have harems anyway, so yeah... if Dan is given an official duty to make the clan bigger, she'd be a lot more understanding than races deeply rooted in monogamy. 

MT Hazard

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 14, 2019, 07:01:58 AM

I was going to query whether Matilda would go for it, since if she did fall out with Dan, she could end him with a single call to Hizell's realm.

That's a big jump from 'angry to relationship break up' to 'I'm going to get you, your clan and a bunch or bystanders  brutally murdered '
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on March 14, 2019, 07:25:02 AM
That's a big jump from 'angry to relationship break up' to 'I'm going to get you, your clan and a bunch or bystanders  brutally murdered '

Oh, I agree, from what we've seen so far, she doesn't seem to be the type.  But the fact is, she could.  A more realistic scenario would be that she inadvertently leaks details of Dan's description to an agent looking for Destania, since I seem to recall Hizell is now aware she's out there somewhere.

Tuyu

At this point, it's probably a really good thing that Aary is with Dan. With her being aware of the situation, she most likely has taken precautions against magical observation or detection. Stuff Dan wouldn't think of doing until after contacting Cyra, if ever.

AzureEdge

Quote from: Tuyu on March 15, 2019, 11:23:37 PM
At this point, it's probably a really good thing that Aary is with Dan. With her being aware of the situation, she most likely has taken precautions against magical observation or detection. Stuff Dan wouldn't think of doing until after contacting Cyra, if ever.

Probably for the best he doesn't try doing such spells anyway. He is a novice at Magic, not having really used it since he was a child, and even with going to SAIA now probably isn't anywhere near proficient enough with magic to attempt such yet.

Aw, for a moment I thought we'd get a cameo of the other library...

But I'd like to disagree with Aaryanna's assessment. In my experience, when you try to sit down to cram things, your brain will become distracted by the most ridiculously mundane things. Becoming aware of two supposed co-students who you have never seen before and who seem to behave slightly off isn't even advanced level distractedness.