2022/06/09 [Xer Chapter 6] Xer, pondering the spheres.

Started by joshofspam, June 08, 2022, 10:44:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshofspam

While I can understand his concerns.

I wonder if his mind isn't far off from the truth. I wonder if Helper drones could be something of a toddler phase for synths?

Though I also wonder how Xer will react to Joshua and Farlane. a once organic person who's soul was transplanted in a synthetic body. And an A.I. who has a jet for a body, Xer didn't seem to like the idea of his A.I. being built into a form of transportation.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: joshofspam on June 08, 2022, 10:44:15 AM
While I can understand his concerns.
I wonder if his mind isn't far off from the truth. I wonder if Helper drones could be something of a toddler phase for synths?

Canonically they're built as toddlers.  The Synth subsystems for repair and modification are sufficiently advanced that by consuming sufficient resources (like a toddler) they will literally grow up.  The Outer Rim very much wanted to avoid the uncanny scenario of a powerful adult body with an undeveloped infant mind controlling it.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Raskahn

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 08, 2022, 11:52:32 AMThe Outer Rim very much wanted to avoid the uncanny scenario of a powerful adult body with an undeveloped infant mind controlling it.

Eesh, imagine the trouble of hiding the cookie jar, a high place no longer suffices. Unless we're talking digital cookies...

Merlin

i just want to pick a very long cat up and hold it up like that