2014/06/02 - [DMFA #1491] EVERY lunchtime, I tells ya

Started by lemurvid, June 02, 2014, 09:41:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lemurvid

Can you imagine being served by that woman? Ducking and weaving and smiling all the time. No escape.
Or does she leave it all to the staff?
And where's Bernadette now we're on that... I liked Bernadette. :)

ZacAttac21

Quote from: lemurvid on June 02, 2014, 09:41:00 AM
Can you imagine being served by that woman? Ducking and weaving and smiling all the time. No escape.

It appears "crushing people to death and watching them slowly suffocate" has multiple meanings with her...

joshofspam

Been a while since we saw Matilda delivering lunch to her fortune teller bunny friend.

Seems like our naga shop owner really foes out of her way with some people. Almost as going as far as those people who spray out free samples of perfume. To be fair, it's probably not everyday she gets to work with a taur. Especially such a rare one as Matilda.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

mithril

i wonder if Lorenda is going to go talk to Matilda? (do they even know about each other?)

and i suspect the shopkeper would be dissappointed she missed Matilda's super special sure fire secret weapon:mowhappy

Wanderer

All right, lesson for salespeople: don't be obnoxious. You are not a television commercial that needs to get stuck in peoples' heads. You are a real person dealing with real customers, and if they decide they don't like you, they aren't going to buy from you.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: joshofspam on June 02, 2014, 12:49:58 PM
Been a while since we saw Matilda delivering lunch to her fortune teller bunny friend.

Seems like our naga shop owner really foes out of her way with some people. Almost as going as far as those people who spray out free samples of perfume. To be fair, it's probably not everyday she gets to work with a taur. Especially such a rare one as Matilda.

I'm wondering if it's been going on long enough that it's become a in-joke to the two of them. As in, it started off with a polite inquiry, and left at that, but has gone on and one with the polite "would you like to?" and polite rejection, day after day, that the naga knows that Matilda is smiling about it all the same, and it's kinda gone on long enough that it's reached the point that anyone else would say is nagging... but the two of them are still smiling about it all the same, and it's taken in the way it's meant - a polite inquiry after her health - rather than the way it sounds.

Just my thought. No idea how accurate this idea is, though. Will wait and see...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

lemurvid

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 02, 2014, 07:56:26 PM
I'm wondering if it's been going on long enough that it's become a in-joke to the two of them.
Judging by the last panel, I'd go with no...

I mean, that last line might be meant ironically but...nah...

Jigsaw Forte

Quote from: joshofspam on June 02, 2014, 12:49:58 PM

I'm wondering if it's been going on long enough that it's become a in-joke to the two of them. As in, it started off with a polite inquiry, and left at that, but has gone on and one with the polite "would you like to?" and polite rejection, day after day, that the naga knows that Matilda is smiling about it all the same, and it's kinda gone on long enough that it's reached the point that anyone else would say is nagging... but the two of them are still smiling about it all the same, and it's taken in the way it's meant - a polite inquiry after her health - rather than the way it sounds.

Just my thought. No idea how accurate this idea is, though. Will wait and see...

Doubt it. The look on Matilda's face is the same one I reserve for morons trying to give me Bible Tracts.

Tuyu

I wonder just how long Miss Kate has had her shop there. The backstory implies Matilda's had her shop for quite some time. If Miss Kate has, too...every. Single. Daaaaaaaaay...

ChaosMageX

Quote from: CubiKitsune on June 02, 2014, 11:23:28 AM
Quote from: lemurvid on June 02, 2014, 09:41:00 AM

It appears "crushing people to death and watching them slowly suffocate" has multiple meanings with her...

Well, a little compression therapy can be good.  It can enhance blood circulation and stabilize the muscles and joints.
Although all of her outfits are probably in the very firm 40 - 50 mmHg range. ;)

...Oh wait, you were talking about smothering people with sales pitches.  Well, that can also increase blood flow with the adrenaline rush people get trying to get away. >:3

Icon by Sunblink

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Jigsaw Forte on June 03, 2014, 05:37:37 PM

Doubt it. The look on Matilda's face is the same one I reserve for morons trying to give me Bible Tracts.

Yeah, going back and looking again, I figure that's probably the case. But hey, it's a variant. And who knows? Maybe there's something else going on.

Why not? Everything else appears to have three or four different hidden stories. :-P
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears