2014/05/20 [EP #8] - Nice and blunt

Started by Eboreg, May 20, 2014, 06:33:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eboreg

Yeah, I kind of agree with Daryil here. The thing is, that saying applies just as much to our world as to Furrae. "God hates ni****s" anyone?
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

A.J.

... That title, at the bottom, "Overview of Gods and Worship"... TES reference ftw!
Crowning Achievements in DMFA History #1: Panel 3 of comic #102; #2: Panel 7 of comic #1334

Tapewolf

Quote from: A.J. on May 20, 2014, 07:13:27 AM
... That title, at the bottom, "Overview of Gods and Worship"... TES reference ftw!

Heh, glad someone caught that.  I started to get a bit nostalgic for Morrowind when doing Daryil's rampage with the chairs, so I've been playing it a lot recently.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

joshofspam

Daryil's speech reminds me of a quote Marcus Aurelius said and has been passed around online with a picture of a statue of him.

It was talking about a lot more then just only a just god is deserving of worship. But it definitely reminds me about some of the speech.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: joshofspam on May 20, 2014, 04:37:36 PM
Daryil's speech reminds me of a quote Marcus Aurelius said and has been passed around online with a picture of a statue of him.

It was talking about a lot more then just only a just god is deserving of worship. But it definitely reminds me about some of the speech.

The 'Live a good life' quote?  Yeah.  I came up with the idea independently, but the way Daryil presents it was indeed shaped by that quote.

A.J.

If only Steam wasn't being so stubborn, I'd start playing Skyrim again. Of course, nothing's stopping me from trying to (once again for the umpteenth time) finish Morrowind.

Still, it's probably been almost three years since I've played that game, so the fact that I recognized it was kinda cool. And now that I look at it, I do also recognize the form of the speech.

And now you're making me nostalgic. Guess I need to go and redownload the game :3
Crowning Achievements in DMFA History #1: Panel 3 of comic #102; #2: Panel 7 of comic #1334

Aurik Marr

I loved morrowind. Poor Ralen Hlaalu, though. Everyone I know breaks into his house and uses his corpse as a bottomless chest.

A.J.

Quote from: Aurik Marr on May 21, 2014, 12:33:23 AM
I loved morrowind. Poor Ralen Hlaalu, though. Everyone I know breaks into his house and uses his corpse as a bottomless chest.

Add a +1 to that list.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Aurik Marr on May 21, 2014, 12:33:23 AM

I never thought of that.  Though I did do something similar in Ultima 6.  And now I've filled Ahnassi's chest of drawers with books, I might look into it.